Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Yeoman

yikes!!! Answer your phone, woman!!!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
First Mate

It never rang!! Call now it's in my hand.
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Passenger

edited
Old July 15th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeoman

Candiee, you are beginning to sound like a rep for VTG!!!

I don't plan on booking with VTG for any of the upcoming cruises and I used my Travel Agent and my cabin was $200 less per person.....

But it may be a good place to get a roomie

Old July 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yeoman

deleted.
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Yeoman

Angel, that's very kind of you to offer I'm really good at foisting myself on the poor unsuspecting guy that catches my eye before he knows what hits him!

Old July 15th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Passenger

We still need more people to join this cruise to make it a real party. According to my count we now have 10 guys and 4 ladies. That's a nice advantage for you ladies. Looks like gwy & smilehave 6 months to get to know each other before becoming cabinmates. I am going to enjoy monitoring these posts to see how the friendship progresses.
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:23 AM
First Mate

Kathy and I are quickly becoming friends! We just clicked. She was even nice enough to offer to take me siteseeing prior to the cruise, so now I am coming in Thursday!! Made sense since her and I both have Thursdays off. This is going to be a blast and I get to see San Diego!! Prepartying!!
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Yeoman

Pretty sure we are going to terrorize the entire San Diego Zoo -- prolly be 86'd from there for life

Old July 16th, 2006, 12:36 AM
First Mate

Kathy,
My bestest friend in the whole world said to warn you that the zoo might keep me!! Then you would have the cabin all to yourself!
My darn dialup is soooo slow that I am still trying to book my air. Well, I must confess the date called back, never know where this could lead.
Old July 16th, 2006, 12:59 AM
First Mate

Default Finally!

The air is purchased!! Took forever, now for sure I am going!! Now to bed, church in the am!
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yeoman

San Diego will never be the same after your visit

Old July 16th, 2006, 07:50 PM
First Mate

No it won't nor will the Oosterdam be. We are going to liven up the ship!
Old July 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Passenger

HI, I'm back after a busy weekend... I read the ship review; it sounds like the cheaper cabins are really, really small. The cost of this cruise is adding up quickly. I read the posts about first time cruisers booking private rooms and I intend to do that. I'm undecided about going for it and getting a balcony..could make for some fun balcony cocktail hours That's more dreaming than reality...Airfare will be about $700 USD and if I read the VTG site properly, I would have to pay the full trip by early October. On the one hand that gets the cost out of the way but yikes, what a drain on the account all at once ! Having never been on a cruise, it's impossible for me to get really excited about the actual vacation. I went on my first vacation in years last fall. I joined married friends at a resort on the Mayan riviera. It was incredibly relaxing but definitely not for singles. Don't get me wrong, I do "vacation" but it's always been a few days off during work travel or xmas with relatives in Europe. Not a bad deal by any means.. but no real down time.

so..a question for you frequent cruisers: what has your experience been like in terms of meeting other singles? I'm hoping to meet interesting people and possibly keep in touch as friends after the trip. Does that happen? I have to think it does. Do some of the singles arrange to do shore excursions together? That would be amazing since safety is one ever present concern when travelling alone. I would be so stressed about missing the departure and end up trying to get to the next port !!!!

I really need to find time to read up on all the cruise logistics...many of the sites have first timer advice. Like what to pack etc. Yes, I'm getting serious about booking the Jan cruise..just need to take the plunge
Old July 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Yeoman

Connie,

First thing, you'll need to get a roomie. That may be your door to finding a great best friend who loves to cruise. Also, that will free up quite a bit of your spending money

Secondly, the singles you will meet on the cruise will be completely friendly and a lot of fun. Think of all the like-minded people you will meet that *love to cruise* and are on vacation and letting all their worries and stress go.

I think that cruising on a singles cruise is the most perfect setting and a great way to make life-long friends!

I have a friend that lives here in San Diego, that may be interested in this cruise She's in her 50's and very calm and sweet natured.

So give this cruise a good think and let me know what you decide. In the meantime, I'll be feeling out my friend Cheri to see what she decides!

~Kathy

Old July 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Passenger

Thanks Kathy!
I sent you a PM...
To save a grand I would be open to sharing..your friend might be a great fit. I shared last year in Mexico with a female collegue I hardly new. We worked it out with absolutely no issues. If I were to share, the only thing I would ask for is understanding if I can't sleep and have to sneak out to walk the deck. That may be too disturbing to a room mate. The cost saving is definitely worth some sacrifice!
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Yeoman

I don't see your "anti-sleep walking" as being a problem. As long as you aren't using the blowdryer or turning on the tv at 2:00 am

Old July 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM
First Mate

Default Where are you Dan and Jason

Hey guys where are you. How was the wedding?? Any good pics??? Us gals missed you guys!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Yeoman

Old July 18th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Passenger

gwydiana

How many postings are we going to have? You are freaking funny as hell!
Hey what happend to tanman & his buddy? Did you ladies scare them off?
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemachine
gwydiana

How many postings are we going to have? You are freaking funny as hell!
Hey what happend to tanman & his buddy? Did you ladies scare them off?
As many as it takes........ I think the Chicago Two spent the weekend in NYC

Old July 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
First Mate

They are back from their trip, Dan's busy at work and Jason, is working on his next vacation. So I guess we will wait for their pics, just dying to see if they are both as cute as the first pics............hehehehe.
Dancemachine, don't think us 2 blondes could ever scare off 2 funloving guys like them! I think they can get just as wild as us without a problem!
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

Poor Dan got lost and forgot about this thread!

Old July 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Hi girls:
Watching the chit chat about this cruise is really making me think seriously about booking. I need to go back and look at the dates, etc. and see what kind of a rate I can find. Like Connie, I am new to the Singles Cruise scene, and have only been on one other cruise (short 3 days) about 15 years ago.

Six guys looking for dance partners eh? Conga line? (As long as the heels come off before the alcohol level gets too high...)

Sounds like a blast!!
Carol
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Yeoman

We'll make our congaline shoes optional

Old July 19th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Beginner

I took a quick look for the specific cruise and the search came back with "no information available". I'll look more by the end of the week. Know nothing about how to get this done but really looking forward to it!
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM
First Mate

See Kathy we didn't scare away those strong independent women just the men that can't handle us!! We just keep attracting the women. Conga line, well...............that has memories, remember Kathy we were talking about a cabin crawl??? That would be how you get from cabin to cabin!!!!
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Say no more. That's perfect for me! I saw your comment about the suite and wondered how the whole cabin mate thing works. I am so novice at this, I thought the price quoted on a website was it...none others existed. Sounds like it's double-occupancy. I am used to going to an annual ladies pistol shooting camp where 22 of us share a bunkhouse with 2 bathrooms, a washer and dryer (for a week).No tiffs whatsoever..just good planning. I don't have any cute pics like you guys have posted. All mine are action photos of me shooting...I guess that's better than nothing?
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Passenger

I'm sorry as strong & independent is one thing but women with guns is a whole nother ball game.
Dancemachine how are you & where are you? Seems like this sausagefest is finally bringing on more women. gwydia & smilehmb are doing an awesomw job keeping this post moving. Whatever happened to Luci or Candee and the nursediane?
I was posting on the wrong site? I guess I killed some brain cells drinking in NY last weekend.
What's the true definition of a cabin crawl as I plan on crawling into my cabin everynight or if things go well someone elses cabin!
J & I have our flight arriving in San Diego at 1:45 pm on friday. This way we can check in at our hotel, it the local liquor store so we can build a bar for our cabin, and then do dinner and check out San Diego nightlife so let us know if anyone else is arriving on friday.
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Passenger

I'm sorry as strong & independent is one thing but women with guns is a whole nother ball game.
Dancemachine how are you & where are you? Seems like this sausagefest is finally bringing on more women. gwydia & smilehmb are doing an awesomw job keeping this post moving. Whatever happened to Luci or Candee and the nursediane?
I was posting on the wrong site? I guess I killed some brain cells drinking in NY last weekend.
What's the true definition of a cabin crawl as I plan on crawling into my cabin everynight or if things go well someone elses cabin!
J & I have our flight arriving in San Diego at 1:45 pm on friday. This way we can check in at our hotel, it the local liquor store so we can build a bar for our cabin, and then do dinner and check out San Diego nightlife so let us know if anyone else is arriving on friday.