Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Yeoman

Default Valentine VTG SINGLES CRUISE on Carnival Conquest, Feb.11th

I am already making plans to cruise out of Galvestion, Texas, for the VTG Hosted Singles cruise on Feb. 11th, 07.

Who may be thinking of going on this cruise?

Who has cruised on the Carnival Conquest? What were your pros and cons?

I have never been on it but I am looking foreward to cruising on it.

We will be flying into Houston, Texas and then take a shuttle to Galveston. I plan to stay at a hotel one day early before the cruise because I want to attend the pre-cruise party in Galveston. Angel
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Passenger

Hi Angelgal,
I got your PM and sent a response. I'm still figuring out if I can do the Jan cruise. Feb may be a good alternative but the 40+ singles cruise sounds like more fun than a Valentine cruise...the chatter is fun and if it's any indication there will be lots of fun to be had....
What did we do before the internet?? I've been on line for hours planning a biz trip to Asia in October. If I left it to the travel agent I'd be staying at the budget-Inn..yikes.
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Yeoman

Hi Connie, I have years of experience in traveling with single groups. It is a given that there will be all ages on every singles cruise.
The Jan.20th cruise is only listed as a over 40's crowd so the young ones don't get disappointed. The months of Jan. and Feb. attracts an over 40's crowd. I am in my 50's and there will most likely be an older group in Feb. too. Vacationstogo.com hosted singles attracts a lot of great singles that are fun to hang out with. We get our own website when we do final payment three months in advance. I may be looking for a hotel roomie for spending the night in Galveston. The ship rates are soooo low that I am able to afford a cabin to myself. I suggest you do the same for any singles cruise until you meet some compatiable gals.
Don't pay attention to the silly talk that is going on this message board. Once singles are on board the ship they will gravitate to compatiable singles.
Most ships have CNN & T.V. shows. Since the Conquest ship will be cruising close to homeland we will most likely be able to see our favorite t.v. shows plus great movies. Yeah!
You will most likely find a giant t.v. screen at some bar lounge with CNN showing on it.
You seem to be a classy educated gal so don't let the funny singles scare you away from Singles cruising. I promise you... you will not be lonely on any Singles cruise. You will have a great time. You will also find other Canadians on the cruise ships too.
I will send you my e-mail later. Angel gal
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Yeoman

GUESS WHAT? It will be MADI GRAS week in Galveston. The festivities start on Feb.7th. I am thinking of cancelling this cruise because I totally dislike crowds, traffic and waiting in long lines at restaurants. But most of all the hotels will have higher rates.
There is only one highway that goes into Galveston as far as I know.
It doesn't look good for me to cruise on Feb. 11th.
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
GUESS WHAT? It will be MADI GRAS week in Galveston. The festivities start on Feb.7th. I am thinking of cancelling this cruise because I totally dislike crowds, traffic and waiting in long lines at restaurants. But most of all the hotels will have higher rates.
There is only one highway that goes into Galveston as far as I know.
It doesn't look good for me to cruise on Feb. 11th.
Are you still going on the Oosterdam? Or is that cruise off too?

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old August 7th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Yeoman

Hi Kathy I am seriously thinking on cruising on the Oosterdam on Jan.20th.
I need to talk with a friend into being my roomie to share in the expenses.
Since I am not cruising on Feb. 11th......and have cancelled other cruises I will be free to cruise on Jan.20th.
January seems so far away... it is hard for me to get excited about it right now. I would get more excited about this cruise if some California guys showed some interest in this cruise. I am sure lots of Californians will be on this cruise.
Presently I am looking foreward to the Halloween cruise and you all will not see me posting much on this website after this week. I will be real busy meeting lots of singles for the vtg Oct.29th cruise.
I will come by and check in once in a while. Angel
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:20 AM
First Mate

I have to agree the VTG specify that it's an over 40 cruise because the young cruisers will not be happy.

With this being a Valentine Day cruise it would be fun watching the men and women running around on the 14th trying to "hook-up".

I'll pass . . . too much pressure.
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
I have to agree the VTG specify that it's an over 40 cruise because the young cruisers will not be happy.

With this being a Valentine Day cruise it would be fun watching the men and women running around on the 14th trying to "hook-up".

I'll pass . . . too much pressure.

it would be *all* couples. Very few singles would go on a "Valentine's" Cruise while still single!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yeoman

Oh.... poor Beetle.... can't handle all that pressure of girls chasing after him
on Valentine's day.
Old August 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Beginner

I'm thinking of doing the VTG cruise out of Galveston on 2/11/07.
It's not a 40+ cruise - the one listed ABOVE IT on their website is the 40+ one.
Valentines doesn't pose a problem for me....I don't think it will be a real factor in having fun and enjoying the trip!

Esther