Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Yeoman

I fell in love with the ocean on my first cruise. I also like eating in the dinning room and being served.
I am a "socialbly needy person and need lots of singles around me to hang out with on the ship.
I also like the feeling that everything is okay with the world because we are isolated from the world without the phone calls from mother.lol.

Hey Dave, I am used to having guys show me their suites on the cruise ships. I love walking into a suite and seeing the champaine and fruit bowl and all the glass balconies. Totally beautiful compared to looking at used sea-shells.lol. Ms. X
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Suites, huh? I do fine getting girls to come into my inside cabin. I don't need to impress with champagne and suites. With a charming personality and rugged good looks, beer and inside cabins do well.

Reminds me of a date I had recently. Met her online, talked on the phone and she asked me what I drive. I said, "Orange Honda Element" She said, "oh, those are ugly, I will never ride in it. I have a BMW"

Against my better judgement, we went out anyway. She was surprised at what a great time we had in my little 17' boat barhopping the dives along the intercoastal waterway. She suggested we go out again and that I should take her to an expensive restaurant and a movie and that I pay. I declined her offer.

PS pictures of the sea shell collection are forthcoming.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yeoman

Hi Dave, thank you for the laughs. Your message made me laugh because it was sooo funny that you found a gal that was willing to go on your tiny boat from bar to bar drinking beer. You must be a real charming guy. Ms. X
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Angelgal, Size doesn't really matter..... Maybe if you ever get to Florida you can come for a ride with me.

"The weather started getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed, if not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost"

PS notice the Royal Caribbean hat that I got for a belly flop contest.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Yeoman

Hey Dave, you are still making me laugh. I needed to laugh today. Thank you for the laughs.

Now lets talk about winning that hat for the belly flop contest on the ship.

It must have been on a day when your belly was full of beer because you look like you have a hard body.

I love your photo at sea. The ocean looks rough and gloomy but you have a cheerful smile on your face. Was that because a gal was taking your photo and she was hanging out at the edge of the boat?lol. Ms. X
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Admiral

If you don't have the belly for it, you have to make it up with the level of difficulty as evidenced here with a back flip landed in a belly flop that was good for the bronze medal you see in my avitar.

PS Angelgal. That was a perfect picture of a Florida sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. I was smiling because it was a great day, I had a good buzz on and a hot babe onboard. It doesn't get much better than that.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Yeoman

"WOW" I am impressed with the photo of your flip flop. Yes you deserved the RCL Bronze medal.
I got a RCL Bronze medal just like yours just for playing trivia. I love playing the trivia games on cruise ships. I always win lots of ship gifts. I get brain burn- out from all that trivia in my brain. Ms. X
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

I joined Singlescruise.com three years ago because I didn't want to sail alone; five cruises later I have met many wonderful people throughout the country and have had an opportunity to travel to San Francisco, Nashville (twice), Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas (twice) for reunions that cruisers planned on their own. Not bad for a woman, mid-40's from New York. Though I am still searching for love on the high seas - did meet someone on my last cruise - I still will book a singlescruise, in fact, I am booked on the April 1st Singlescruise next year and plan to meet up with a group of cruisers for New Year's in San Antonio, TX.

Old October 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Yeoman

17' is not a small boat and Honda's are great cars! I love my Acura!

While getting to know somebody, asking them what they drive has never entered my mind! Actually telling them that I would never ride in their car is completely out of the question. I cannot imagine anybody being so rude!

I never expect any type of romance on my cruises, but I've been known to stumble into it on several of them. It's kind of funny how those things happen just when you least expect them to!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
I will tell my other single friends to try to post here from time to time and let the singles on the Pride know as well, would be nice to get some more newbies here on cruisemates!
Hello again showcat! Good to see you still hanging around and keeping the site interesting. I must confess that I dropped off the map for a little while, but now I'm back. Maybe just maybe it has something to do with me booking another cruise...i don't know...
By the way, I remember you posting back in the spring that you were heading to Mexico..SO...good luck to you and have fun!

As for the thread..why do I cruise as a single passenger? It's not about love, but I did love the "Love Boat". It's because I don't ever have to say "table for one please" on a cruise. A cruise is to me offers instant friendships for a week, as well as great shows, foods, games, and exotic locales.

/ticker.png">
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Thanks for your support, GWYDIANA. I thought it was rude as well. She asked me if I had season tickets for the Bucs. I said no and she said, "well my last boyfriend had season tickets for the Bucs." Money grubbing biotch. Yes, biotch.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Hehe Dave,

That's when I ask her on a second date...to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, or a local soup kitchen!

If I'm feeling nice, I'd let her know so she could drop it. If I'm feeling mean...I'd just say "wear something comfortable"

(I might be shy, but I have a mean streak when it comes to materialism).
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Admiral

There are a lot of material girls out there. It's fine if you work hard and can do it yourself. What gets me are the ones who feel entitled for us guys to buy their materialism. I went out with one who had no money of her own but would stay in nothing less than a Marriott had to have Grey Goose. Drink some draft beer and be happy about. Some people don't even have that.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jdfireman Send a message via Yahoo to jdfireman
Default WOW

There are a lot Lot of good points here. /

I go to DRINK,EAT,GAMBLE, and People Watch.

The whole Hook up thing is good. BUT if you do it to early in a drunken state you may have to deal with a Stalker all week and there is only so much boat to hide on.

I have not done a singles cruise yet not sure if it is for me.

DAVE YOU ARE A FUNNY FUNNY MAN Keep up the good work and no I dont want to see the shell collection

Stay safe JD NJ

9/11/01 Never Forget
11/04/2006 Fantasy
8/06/2006 Sensation Again
6/16/2006 Carnival Valor
12/15/2005 Inspration
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old October 26th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcrews4202
Hehe Dave,

That's when I ask her on a second date...to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, or a local soup kitchen!

If I'm feeling nice, I'd let her know so she could drop it. If I'm feeling mean...I'd just say "wear something comfortable"

(I might be shy, but I have a mean streak when it comes to materialism).

ROFL!!!!! I love that!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit26
I wondered about that when I wrote it...lol.

Pretty much anything but sex - usually alot of making out? Petting? lol
Petting. Now that's a word I've not heard in a long, long time.
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to samngeo Send a message via Yahoo to samngeo

I originally signed up for a hosted singles cruise to take advantage of the
cabin mate matching program to save on the single supplement. Now I
know how much more fun a hosted singles cruise can be, and I also know
that I will be meeting up with friends that I met on past singles cruises.
I have used VTG for my first two, and have booked through them again
for their Mediterranean singles cruise on Voyager of the Seas this coming
September (2008). I'm already hearing from friends we met on past singles
cruises that are in the process of signing up for this one too.
This Halloween, I'll be meeting up with a group of past singles cruisers on
SinglesCruise hosted cruise on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa.

~George~
Nov 01 Ocean Princess
Dec 01 Ocean Princess
Feb 02 NCL Norway
Dec 02 NCL Sun
Feb 03 NCL Wind
Dec 03 Coral Princess
Feb 04 Celeb Zenith
Nov 04 Rhapsody OS
Dec 04 Crnvl Elationx2
Aug 05 NCL Spirit
Oct 05 NCL Dream
Nov 05 Sapphire Princess
Dec 05 NCL Wind
Oct 06 Crnvl Pride
Nov 06 Crnvl Triumph
Nov 06 Star Princess
Feb 07 Crnvl Conquest
Apr 07 Crnvl Fascination
Oct 07 Radiance OS
Nov 07 Golden Princess
Feb 08 Crnvl Spirit
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Default Peace of mind

Traveling especially to celebrate a wonderful event is fun! Being able to have peace and quiet, peace of mind and read a book without the phone, comuter, knocking at the door, work, etc. Traveling solo affords me the opportunity to relax
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Beginner

I am a hard working guy who saves his pennies all year for a trip to ‚Äútotally‚Ä? relax! I have met many good people traveling as a single and I do not regret any of my solo trips. For me, it is my time to just relax, enjoy the trip, see new places, meet new people and to enjoy the activities while on board. I believe that cruise is the best value for the dollar and is the only way to travel.
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

LMAO at Dave- Sea shell collection!

I have a question, i belong to vacations-to-go cruise news e mails and they posted singles cruises for 2008- was thinking of doing one... so i looked up a specific singles cruise sailing date with RCI on Freedom ots and found the same cruise sailing on their web site- only the web site just looked like it was just an ordinary cruise.. so my question is- are these "singles cruises" solely single cruises, or are they 10% singles and 90% family??

Because if I didnt get the news letter, by looking at the RCI site- I would NEVER Have known it was a singles cruise sailing.... Thoughts? Answers?

Im a somewhat shy person when alone, so I feel like I owe it to myself to break out, meet LOTS of people and just party a week away and do something totally out of my comfort zone .. So i think I really want to do a singles cruise!

Thisis the cruise im looking at
http://www.vacationstogo.com/singles_c11.cfm

there is even a match program to find a roomate. cool... or prices listed if you want to room solo.
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Admiral

what is the date for this cruise? i might be interested in going. bob from ct.
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

The cruise i mentioned is: 7-night Caribbean cruise departs Oct 26th
Sail from Miami on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, visiting Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, starting from $803 New! Halloween

This is the 2008 singles cruise calendar for vacationtstogo.com

8-night Mexican Riviera cruise departs Mar 29th
Sail from San Diego on the Carnival Spirit, visiting Acapulco, Zihuatanejo and Manzanillo, starting from $848 Last Call!

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Apr 20th
Sail from Fort Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess, visiting St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Princess Cays Sold Out!

8-night Caribbean cruise departs May 17th
Sail from New York (Manhattan) on the Carnival Miracle, visiting San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola, starting from $1,053
From New York! -- Last Call!

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Jun 8th
Sail from Miami on the Carnival Triumph, visiting Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk, starting from $937

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Jul 5th
Sail from Miami on the Carnival Liberty, visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, starting from $890 New for 40+ Singles!

7-night Alaska cruise departs Jul 26th
Sail from Seattle on the Golden Princess, visiting Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm, Ketchikan and Victoria, starting from $1,147

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Aug 24th
Sail from Tampa on the Carnival Legend, visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize City and Roatan, starting from $712

7-night Mediterranean cruise departs Sep 13th
Sail from Barcelona on the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas, visiting Nice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Sicily and the Amalfi Coast, starting from $1,236 New from Europe!

7-night Mexican Riviera cruise departs Oct 26th
Sail from Long Beach on the Carnival Pride, visiting Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas, starting from $648
New! Halloween!

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Oct 26th
Sail from Miami on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, visiting Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, starting from $803 New! Halloween!

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Dec 6th
Sail from Fort Lauderdale on the Ruby Princess, visiting Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Princess Cays, starting from $722 New for 40+ Singles!

7-night Caribbean cruise departs Dec 27th
Sail from Miami on the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, visiting Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Labadee, starting from $1,652 New! New Year's Eve!
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to samngeo Send a message via Yahoo to samngeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Rights
I have a question, i belong to vacations-to-go cruise news e mails and they posted singles cruises for 2008- was thinking of doing one... so i looked up a specific singles cruise sailing date with RCI on Freedom ots and found the same cruise sailing on their web site- only the web site just looked like it was just an ordinary cruise.. so my question is- are these "singles cruises" solely single cruises, or are they 10% singles and 90% family??

Because if I didnt get the news letter, by looking at the RCI site- I would NEVER Have known it was a singles cruise sailing.... Thoughts? Answers?

there is even a match program to find a roomate. cool... or prices listed if you want to room solo.
Many newbie single cruisers have this misconception. When we speak of a 'singles cruise' it is only a portion of the ship's passengers that are in the group. A travel agency simply reserves a large number of cabins in different categories to set aside for the group. When you book through the agency that's putting the singles group together, you have the right to join in all the group activities, private mixers, and cocktail parties, and you are welcomed into the group by all the other singles.

To book the cruise, you don't have to go through the singles agency to get on the ship, you can book the cruise through any travel agency, but you won't be allowed to take part in the free cocktail parties, private mixers or sit with the rest of the group during dinner if you don't book it through the singles agency.

As far as the percentage of the singles group to the regular passengers... it varies depending on which ship, which singles agency you use, and what the sailing date is (holidays and such). There may be anywhere from a small group of 50 singles to many hundreds of singles in a group... a few years ago, Carlson's Halloween cruise had over 600 singles on the ship... still a far cry from the entire ship being singles. I can't foresee an entire ship ever being sold out to all singles... modern ships just hold too many people to be able to get that many singles to show up on a particular sailing.

And yes, if you book through the singles agency, they will find you a cabin mate to share the costs of the room. They will only guarantee your cabin mate to be the same gender with the same smoking preference, but after that, it's all a crapshoot as to who you end up with. You may luck out and find the perfect cabin mate that shares all your same interests, and schedules, or they maybe the most incompatible person you could imagine. There are many stories about cabin mates on this forum... many very good ones, and many horror stories as well.

Hope this helps clear some things up for you. You have found a great forum to learn from with all the veteran cruisers posting their thoughts everyday.
Nov 01 Ocean Princess
Dec 01 Ocean Princess
Feb 02 NCL Norway
Dec 02 NCL Sun
Feb 03 NCL Wind
Dec 03 Coral Princess
Feb 04 Celeb Zenith
Nov 04 Rhapsody OS
Dec 04 Crnvl Elationx2
Aug 05 NCL Spirit
Oct 05 NCL Dream
Nov 05 Sapphire Princess
Dec 05 NCL Wind
Oct 06 Crnvl Pride
Nov 06 Crnvl Triumph
Nov 06 Star Princess
Feb 07 Crnvl Conquest
Apr 07 Crnvl Fascination
Oct 07 Radiance OS
Nov 07 Golden Princess
Feb 08 Crnvl Spirit
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Sex at sea?

I go because I like controlled cost, ndiving, snorking, sunshine, cute girls and good eats.
If it happens, its totally cool, if not no big deal.
I have my tux, the rest is just being myself.

Calico Jack
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Passenger

I go for the hosted singles cruises to save money on the cabin, and to meet new people. My last hosted singles cruise had some issues; wound up with the cabin mate from hell, but otherwise it was a good time, and met alot of nice people.
Dave, I passed on the seashell collection....seems like I missed out!
seashells, seashells by the seashore.......