Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Beginner

Default HOW MANY LATINOS TRAVEL IN CRUISES FOR SINGLES

Hi everyone!
Im a 35 yo. mexican woman very inerested in travel on one of those single cruises. I see that many of you have many experience on this. So I´d like to ask you some information that I can´t find on the web.
The thing is that I´d travel alone but I need to know if there is any latinos traveling in this kind of cruises. You know, I wouldn´t like to feel "out of place". Besides as you can see my english is not too good.
The other question is " how much money besides the cost of the cruise, I´d have to spend along the trip.(I don´t drink alcohol)

It´s curioso.but Im interested in the Carnival Pride from L.A. to the mexican riviera. I still don´t know the places in that itinery. So,it seems interesting.Or if you can recomend another for me, Ill appreciate it´.

Well, sorry about my english and thank you for your help.

Atte. Dancegirl
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Yeoman

Hey Salsa girl, there were some handsome young Latinos on the Carnival Pride for Halloween. There was a pretty Mexican-American girl who was a 27yr old girl that had lots of the white guys chasing after her. She had plenty of guys to choose from but she chose to just have fun with all of them at all of our Singles parties.
Carnival ships in California attracts a lot of Latinos on their cruise ships. Most of them speak Spanish too and English.
San Juan, Puerto Rico, attracts the Spanish speaking people on cruise ships leaving out of those ports.

YOU WILL NOT BE LONELY!!! NO ONE IS LONELY ON ANY CRUISE SHIP IF YOU TALK WITH PEOPLE. I speak Spanish too. Angelita.... means Angel gal
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Beginner

THANK YOU ANGELGAL!

THAT MAKES ME FEEL MORE CONFORTABLE IN TAKING THE CRUISE.
ANYWAY I HOPE I HAVE A ROMMIE OR FRIEND IN THE CRUISE WHO SPEAK SPANISH AND HELP ME, SO I WON´T MISS ALL THE ACTIVITIES.
IT´S GOOD TO KNOW I CAN FIND LATINOS TOO.

IT SOUNDS INTERESTING TO HAVE A CRUISE FROM PUERTO RICO, BUT NOW I´M PLANING TO SPEND SOME DAYS IN L.A. , SO I CAN VISIT SOME SALSA CLUBS BEFORE THE CRUISE. (ANYONE WANTS TO GO?)

I LOVE TO DANCE AS YOU CAN SEE IN MY NICKNAME, AND I HOPE LATIN MUSIC IS PLAYED IN THE CRUISE TOO.

WELL, THANKS AGAIN!
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Yeoman

When are you going on your cruise? I am cruising on the carnival Pride on November 26th. by myself.

Are you going with a Singles group?

Yes, there is lots of salsa music to dance to. Angel gal
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Hello Angelgal!

Yes, I´m very interested in that cruise! . I´ve been saving for my vacations during months and I was looking for a place to go, when I found a cruise for singles! it sounded very interesting for me, a completly new experience because I´d never even been in any kind of cruise before!
I´m looking for the cheapest price.VTG gave me a good one, sharing cabine (Ihope it was for only 2 persons). I´m looking for any friend from Mexico who can go with me.So, besides the cabine, we can also share hotel and transportation expenses in L.A. before the cruise. But if they don´t decide soon, I plan to go anyway, so I´ll need a rommie.
I´m a very "tranquila" person, dont´drink, don´t smoke and I like to sleep in a quiet room. Do you think I´m asking to much trying to find a roomie like me?

Well thank you so so much for your advices. I hope we can meet each other very soon.

P.S. do you speak spanish?
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Yeoman

Hey Salsa girl, WHAT DATE ARE YOU CRUISING WITH VTG?

They can find you a room-mate.

You can also find a hotel room-mate once you sign up with VTG.

I am planning to cruise on Feb. 11, 2007, on the Carnival Conquest leaving out of Galveston, Texas. Can you cruise on that date?

Yes, I speak Spanish.
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Beginner

Hi! Angelgal

As I told you, I´m interested in the Carnival Pride for this Nov 26th to the Mexican Riviera. I asked to the VTG agent and he told me they don´t fix room mates!
Do you kwow a website where I can find one?
Anybody interested?. Necesito una no fumadora, tranquila y amable compañera de inside cabine.

And I don´t think I will be able to go for feb.11 to that cruise.

Well, lets see what happens. Thanks again!
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Yeoman

YOU NEED TO BUY YOUR CRUISE WITH ESCAPADE CRUISES because they have a Singles Group going on the Carnival Pride.
CALL on free telephone # 1-888-775-0288. They can give you a room-mate to match what you are looking for.
Tell them you want an INSIDER with NO-SMOKING ROOM-MATE.
The cost of the cruise is $635.54 WITH THIS COMPANY.....PLUS YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS TO HAVE FUN WITH. You must pay them in advance with a credit card so they can book you right away on the ship.
You must tell them to send your ticket through the computer since you will not be home to receive your cruise ticket. GOOD LUCK! This is the best I can do for you.

I will also be on the cruise but I don't need a room-mate. Angel girl
Old November 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Beginner

HELLO! ANGELGAL,

I´VE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES IN ESCAPADE CRUISES BUT I CAN NOT CONTACT THEM. I CHECKED IN THEIR WEBSITE BUT I CAN´T FIND WHERE ARE THE GRUPS YOU SAID ABOUT.

THE PRICE THEY SHOW FOR INSIDE IS $449. I SUPPOUSED YOU TOLD ME 635 WITH TAXES INCLUDE. ( VTG IS 446 WITH TAXES).

ANYWAY I´VE ALREADY SEND THEM A E-MAIL AND I´M GOING TO INSIST BY PHONE.

ANGELGAL, YOUR REALLY AN ANGEL. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP. I LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. SEE YOU!
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Yeoman

I have a feeling that company Escapes may be out of business. It is very strange they are not answering their phone calls.

Why don't you call Carnvival directly and see if they can sell you a cabin by yourself. I bought a cabin by myself real cheap. I only paid $665.00 FOR A CABIN BY MYSELF. We can hang out together on the ship. Angel gal.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Beginner

Ok. Angelgal, I´m going to call them. Thank you.

I only have some questions:

1.-What are the beneficts or being in a group? because is almost the same price doing it whit them in a double room that by myself in a single room right?

2.- Several times I notice that at the web sites they don´t especify that this cruise is for singles. Does it really totaly is? or only in a porcentage?
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yeoman

Hi, I paid a total price of $706.64 for my cruise.

Do you have a passport? You will need it for the cruiseship. Ask your ravel agent on the carnival what you need to get on the ship.

Carnival cruise ships have lots of young people at your age group so you will not be lonely. There will be lots of young latinos to keep you company.

GOOD LUCK, ANGEL
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Hi Angel!

Yes I have passport and visa.

I´d like also to walk out with you in the cruise. And do some Salsa thogether. Please keep in contact.

Thanks again.

P:S: Acabo de poner un topic preguntando las ventajas o desventajas de estar en grupo o no. Puedes ayudarme a decidir?
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Yeoman

Hey Chica, I think you are too late to buy your cruise ticket because you seem to be wasting time. I don't have any more time to answer your questions. I tried to help you as much as I could but it seems it is too late for you to book the Carnival Pride. Good Luck in your search. Good-bye. Angel gal
Old November 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to ruff

vacationstogo.com has singles trips, air fair extra mostly miami book air early newark to miami $233 complete, they book air but $40 cheaper if you book yourself. by the way which part of u.s. do you live?