Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to sexygirl007
Default Any single (hot) guys????

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a singles cruise but sort of the younger crowd. I am a 24 year old female looking to go away and have a ton of fun. I am planning a cruise with some of my girls mid march and would like to know if any single guys around 25-30 years old are planning a trip around this time. I am trying to plan this soon so your prompt responses will be appreciated.

Thank you =)
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to samngeo Send a message via Yahoo to samngeo

Hey Sexygirl,

I have been on quite a few cruises and have noticed many single people along the way. With a few exceptions, most of the singles were women! Typically men only make up less than 25% of the singles on a cruise ship. Many reasons for this, but the biggest is that, unlike you and your 'girls', most men don't feel comfortable rooming up with other 'guy friends'. They want it easy and to already have a gal in their room to bunk with. This is actually the best senerio if you are a male. Most men don't realize how easy it is to find other single women on cruises. This senerio is not very good if you are a single female looking to meet 'hot single guys'.

Consider going on a hosted singles cruise from a reputable company. The ratio of men to women is much much closer to a 50/50 split. Another advantage of a singles cruise is the number of other like-minded singles that you will ba hanging around with on the ship. The last thing you want to do when you are single, is to spend all your time around old married couples that you have absolutely nothing in common with. Hosted singles cruises eliminate this worry altogether. My next cruise (a hosted singles cruise from VTG) in February already has over 100 singles signed up so far. There are a few more females than males right now, but because guys, being the way guys are, will wait until the last minute to book their trip, the amount of males will increase the closer we get to sailing.

I hope this helps out in any decision making that you might have.

George
Nov 01 Ocean Princess
Dec 01 Ocean Princess
Feb 02 NCL Norway
Dec 02 NCL Sun
Feb 03 NCL Wind
Dec 03 Coral Princess
Feb 04 Celeb Zenith
Nov 04 Rhapsody OS
Dec 04 Crnvl Elationx2
Aug 05 NCL Spirit
Oct 05 NCL Dream
Nov 05 Sapphire Princess
Dec 05 NCL Wind
Oct 06 Crnvl Pride
Nov 06 Crnvl Triumph
Nov 06 Star Princess
Feb 07 Crnvl Conquest
Apr 07 Crnvl Fascination
Oct 07 Radiance OS
Nov 07 Golden Princess
Feb 08 Crnvl Spirit
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Admiral

hello SAMNGEO ! 8)
22 cruises since 1999 ! Wow..you certainly get around. I think myself proud to have done one per year.
Which of those was your favorite?

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Passenger

Hi Thoth,
Actually, the last two haven't happened yet; I just listed them for my own memory's sake.

It's so hard to pick any cruise in particular because so much has changed in the years since I started cruising, and each cruise has it's own high points.

You always remember your first cruise with fondness, because the excitement and adventure and newness are so intense.
After you get a few cruises under your belt, the excitement fades, and you value the cruise as a break from old, boring reality.
My first trip on the Norway was fabulous. I had women throwing themselves at me all week long. That gave my ego a huge boost, but pissed off my wife (who stayed home that week) to no end. I also learned to drink Tequila on that cruise.
The Sky was paid for by my wife as a "I'm Sorry" gift for missing the last cruise, plus it was the first time I ever heard the Caribbean version of 'Who let the dogs out'. We got to know the band members real good on that cruise. It was also our first experience with NCL's 'Freestyle Cruising'.
The Ocean Princess was great! The only ship I've seen that had a pool that was 4 feet deep everywhere. It was PERFECT for water volleyball. We must have had 30 or more people who would join in everyday for hours at a time. Women too. All you had to do was shout out "Volleyball", and people would come running from their pool chairs to be the first to get picked.
I don't remember much about the NCL Sun except the people we met onboard that ship were some of the most fun people.
The NCL Wind was my first Hawaiian cruise. It was one of the most memorable just from everything we did, like our 1st helicopter ride over the volcano, staying overnight in Maui, sailing down to the equator, and an all day hike on Kauai.
The Coral Princess took us through the Panama Canal
The Zenith was a 14 day cruise that let us get to know our tablemates better than any past cruises, plus this ship had the best wait staff attitude of any cruise before or since; they acted like they loved working on that ship and couldn't wait to make you just as happy.
On the Rhapsody OS, I met my good buddy Jeff from Houston, who helped my wife leave me. I owe him so much. We call each other a couple times a week and I am going with them on the trip in October.
The Elation had the absolute worst wait staff the first week, but in the same dining room the second week, they had one of the best.
NCL Spirit took me and my parents to Alaska for their first cruise. This ship had the best buffet of any ship. We preferred to eat there over the dining room.
The NCL Dream had the worst buffet of any cruise I've been on, but it was a great cruise because I brought my twin sister and her husband with me for their 1st cruise and I looked like a Hero in their eyes.
The Sapphire Princess was one of the best just because I brought my brother and his wife with me for their 1st cruise, and we had so much fun getting into trouble with the other single women on the ship. It was also the biggest ship I have ever been on yet.
The Pride was my 1st hosted singles cruise, and it hooked me. I met a gal onboard and we spent most of the cruise together and have since been visited by her twice. We are going on the Conquest in Feb together, which is also a hosted singles cruise.
On the Triumph, I took one of my other sisters and her husband on their 1st cruise, but I had my own cabin for the 1st time. It was a blast helping someone who has never had any real adventures, have the most exciting time of their lives.
I took my brother and his wife with me again on the Star Princess. I was one of only a handful of single guys on that ship. Women were making passes at me all week long. I met a gal who lives only an hour away from me, and have talked with her a few times since. During this cruise, it snowed like crazy back home, but it was 80 degrees where I was. I was doing the happy dance when I found out that I missed the bad weather.

So you see, anything and everything can be a factor in picking a favorite, but how could you possibly narrow it down to one?

George
Nov 01 Ocean Princess
Dec 01 Ocean Princess
Feb 02 NCL Norway
Dec 02 NCL Sun
Feb 03 NCL Wind
Dec 03 Coral Princess
Feb 04 Celeb Zenith
Nov 04 Rhapsody OS
Dec 04 Crnvl Elationx2
Aug 05 NCL Spirit
Oct 05 NCL Dream
Nov 05 Sapphire Princess
Dec 05 NCL Wind
Oct 06 Crnvl Pride
Nov 06 Crnvl Triumph
Nov 06 Star Princess
Feb 07 Crnvl Conquest
Apr 07 Crnvl Fascination
Oct 07 Radiance OS
Nov 07 Golden Princess
Feb 08 Crnvl Spirit
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeoman

George is right about how hard it is to choose one favorite cruise because each cruise has something special about it.
I also have cruised 20+ CRUISES and people always ask me which ship was my favorite. But I have special memories of each cruise. I recently returned from the Carnival Valor where I didn't like the food at all but I truly enjoyed the company of the Karaoke people who I hung out with and in my head I can still hear the songs that the karaoke singers sang. I made lots of friends to talk with on the cruise ship and exchanged e-mails. All my cruise experiences have been just for the moment of fun and each new cruise brings new things to remember. I am a cruise-addict.com, cruise-critic.com, cruise-junkie.com, cruise-mates.com, vtg singles, etc. I was born to cruise.

Hey sexy girl, you and your friends should look at the list of singles cruises listed here on this website to find a singles cruise. The last thing you want is for a woman to kick your hinney for messing with their husbands on the cruise ship. You may see a cute guy on deck and think he is single but he may not be single. I have heard stories of how women verbally fight for their men on cruise ships. So beware! Angel gal
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to vol4life
Default Looking for Fun!!!!!!!!

Hey sexygirl....I am thinking about going on the 3/3-11 cruise with singelscruise.com out of Ft. Lauderdale. I am 29, so I hope to find others around my range to hang out with and maybe I will find the "one" if not at least I will have fun. If your interested just message me back, maybe we can get to know each other.
Kevin
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Admiral

"So you see, anything and everything can be a factor in picking a favorite, but how could you possibly narrow it down to one? "
good point! Each of mine was special, but I would say I enjoyed Alaska the most, and The Oosterdam and Legend were the most intriguing ships.

/ticker.png">
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
" and The Oosterdam and Legend were the most intriguing ships.
Thoth,
Seeing what you said above, I must recommend an RCI Radiance Class ship (Radiance, Brilliance, or Jewel). You'll never regret it (and probably be glad I egged you on! )
Tracy
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Admiral

I've heard that Singles cruise dot com get's the youngest crowd, in their 20-30's. Vacations to go tends to get most people in their 30,'s 40's some younger some older. Try a shorter length cruise 3-5days they attract more young people. and the spring break cruises would be best. Hope this helps.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Any single (hot) guys????

Sexygirl007, if you go with an organized group you shouldn't have any problem finding men, they will find you. The key, you can't be picky if you are looking for hot guys you maybe disappointed because (hot) guys or girls for that matter is an exemption rather than a rule on cruise ships. Also it depends on what you definition of "HOT GUYS".

Are they on cruiseships you bet, but you have to squint your eyes to see them.
Old January 11th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Beginner

Default Can you handle the party

Well 3 buddies of mine and myself will be on the carnival elation from march 12-17th.... so if you are looking for a fun time with a bunch of 24 yr olds thats the ship to be on..
Old January 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Is this the George who was on the Halloween VTG cruise from Long Beach? I have seen pics of you and the lady in question ...who you are sailing with....next month is a good friend of mine:-)
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Passenger

This post is erased by the poster.
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zotzer
Quote:
Thoth,
Seeing what you said above, I must recommend an RCI Radiance Class ship (Radiance, Brilliance, or Jewel). You'll never regret it (and probably be glad I egged you on! )
Tracy
Thanks Tracy. 8) I've looked into RCCL and they don't seem to offer my travel agents a good single/solo price. Every time they want 200%.

/ticker.png">
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Thanks Tracy. 8) I've looked into RCCL and they don't seem to offer my travel agents a good single/solo price. Every time they want 200%.
If you have the ability to cruise on short notice, RCI has "happy hour" specials which they publish Thurs/Fridays for booking by the following Tuesday. Often they will have sailings with a 150% single supplement (like this week for Serenade...the 4th Radiance class ship that I inadvertantly left off my list! )

You can bookmark this link and check it weekly. 150% single supplement is about as good as one can get with RCI...I've never gotten one myself...always end up paying double.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/h...r_rci_tues.pdf

Tracy
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotzer
Quote:
Thoth,
Tracy
I booked at Oct 14, 2007 Mariner cruise out of Port C for about 150% recently and then I had a C&A coupon that saved me another $75 but for the most part they do want 200%. The only bad thing about this is, it will keep me from going on one of the Halloween Single cruises at the end of the month and I learned last year they can be fun.

Vince
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrence
Is this the George who was on the Halloween VTG cruise from Long Beach? I have seen pics of you and the lady in question ...who you are sailing with....next month is a good friend of mine:-)
Hi Karon,

Yes, I was on that cruise. I admit the pics of me may have been misleading and give a false impression of me. I really do have all of my own teeth, and my face is not really tinted slightly green either. I will tell your friend (and mine) that I talked with you when I call her tonight.

George

[img]/countdown.php?month=02&year=2007&day=11&hour=16:00[/img]Carnival Conquest
Nov 01 Ocean Princess
Dec 01 Ocean Princess
Feb 02 NCL Norway
Dec 02 NCL Sun
Feb 03 NCL Wind
Dec 03 Coral Princess
Feb 04 Celeb Zenith
Nov 04 Rhapsody OS
Dec 04 Crnvl Elationx2
Aug 05 NCL Spirit
Oct 05 NCL Dream
Nov 05 Sapphire Princess
Dec 05 NCL Wind
Oct 06 Crnvl Pride
Nov 06 Crnvl Triumph
Nov 06 Star Princess
Feb 07 Crnvl Conquest
Apr 07 Crnvl Fascination
Oct 07 Radiance OS
Nov 07 Golden Princess
Feb 08 Crnvl Spirit
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Send my love to our mutual friend George. I recently saw her a few weeks ago in Texas! Just tell her Karbear says hello!!!! She will chuckle:-)
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Beginner

Default A lot of cruises

He you are making a lot of cruises can wait to go on my first one.
** edited due to advertising content **

The making a nice job. 8)
See you on the ship
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Girl!
I'm 22, going on the Carnival Fascination (march 5th) with 4 other single girls. This is there first and my 10th cruise. I have never ever ever had a problem finding a guy to hook up with on the trip. Every cruise there's always been some1 =)

dont forget to bring a scarf to hang from the door, so your cabin mate knows
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM
StephenAGoreJr

the last 2 cruises i went on i hooked up. On the sovereign i hooked up with one girl and this older lady had a thing for me. I chose the younger girl, we hooked up, we kept talking after the cruise, she came to visit me here, we dated for about 3 months broke up and now do not speak. The cruise before that was spring break last year. hooked up randomly with one, then another and ended up dating her for over 3 months and it ended BADLY. The one before that I hooked up. The 2 before that I was in high school and hit it off well with girls but nothing happened because we were younger. Im going again in a week. 7 days. lets hope i dont go 0 for 7. HAHA
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

It is important to remember that the younger crowd tend to do the shorter cruises, i.e. 3-4-5 nights, while the older go for the longer. You will also find a younger crowd on the holiday cruises like Memorial Day, Spring Break, 4th of July, Labor Day, and, of course, Halloween, which is the biggie for all ages!

I do not recommend singles going by themselves on a cruise. Used to be you could count on other singles being onboard, but due to the cruise lines offering "more-the-merrier" deals, families are taking advantage of special rates and going in large groups. Ditto for reunions, etc. So if you want to be guaranteed having singles, go for an organized singles cruise. Check Cruisemates Singles Cruise calendar in the singles section.
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
StephenAGoreJr

Just an update. I did NOT go 0 for 7! I love cruises
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:26 AM
Beginner

im 24 but ill go to those
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Beginner

I agree! Before I discovered singles group cruises, I went on a 4-day Royal Carribean cruise. I'm a pretty independent person, but man, talk about being trapped. I would venture to say I was the ONLY single person on the entire ship. Everywhere I went, peoples' jaws dropped- "You came ALONE???", women clutched their mens' arms protectively, and no one talked to me at all. At dinner, they sat me ALONE at a table for six- I almost ran out crying (I did eventually get changed, but to a "cozy" table with one other couple.) It was so, so sad.
~ Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
I do not recommend singles going by themselves on a cruise. Used to be you could count on other singles being onboard, but due to the cruise lines offering "more-the-merrier" deals, families are taking advantage of special rates and going in large groups. Ditto for reunions, etc. So if you want to be guaranteed having singles, go for an organized singles cruise. Check Cruisemates Singles Cruise calendar in the singles section.