Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to lking4fun12
Default What is the usual age and gender breakdown?

I am thinking of going on the SingleCruises Labor day out of NY trip and was wondering what the general age and sex(I mean gender) breakdown usually is for a trip like this. I am in my early thirties but generally hang with my age or younger. Am I going to fit in or would a different trip be better?

Can anyone with some experience help me with answers
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've only basing this on one singles trip I've taken. They try to make the gender breakdown 50/50 so that's usually not a problem. I do think you'll have a little bit of an age issue, though. Most people on these cruises seem to be over 45. Like you, I tend to hang out with younger people and there weren't many younger ones on my cruise. They do sometimes have specific singles cruises for 20s and 30s so I would stick to those to increase your chances to have alot of younger people.

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Fascination: June 2004
Carnival Triumph: Halloween 2003
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yeoman

I usually hang out with the 30's group eventhough I am part of the older group.
Labor Day will attract a young crowd if it is a week-end cruise. I think a 30's age group will also cruise on a 7 day cruise. BUT.....September is the beginning of College for some of the 20's-30's age group.

September and October are great times to cruise because the rates go down and we mature group have the ship to ourselves.. All the kids and college students will be back at school..

I am looking foreward to the great cruise deals in Sept. and Oct. I plan to look for a Canada/New England cruise. Angelgal
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Beginner

Default Hmmmmmm

Thats too bad, I hoped that I would hear that there is a larger contingent of late 20's and early 30's going. No offense to the 40 somethings of course. I'm sure that they still party like rock stars, but I was hoping that this would be a little more up my ally.

Of course if a 40 year old hottie thought that she could teach me a thing or two.... That might make a guy change his mind.
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lking4fun12
Thats too bad, I hoped that I would hear that there is a larger contingent of late 20's and early 30's going. No offense to the 40 somethings of course. I'm sure that they still party like rock stars, but I was hoping that this would be a little more up my ally.

Of course if a 40 year old hottie thought that she could teach me a thing or two.... That might make a guy change his mind.
You haven't learned the secret of older women yet???? You don't know what you are missing.

Older women are the "new black" with the younger men. Hahahaha Many, many young men have realized that older women have much less emotional baggage, are not as needy as their younger counterparts and understand the difference between forever and for now!!!

The recent singlescruise.com that has issues between the younger set and the older set was probably caused by the younger women having to stand in the shadows of the older women who knew what they were doing and were doing it very well.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:

You have learned the secret of older women yet???? You don't know what you are missing.

Older women are the "new black" with the younger men. Hahahaha Many, many young men have realized that older women have much less emotional baggage, are not as needy as their younger counterparts and understand the difference between forever and for now!!!

The recent singlescruise.com that has issues between the younger set and the older set was probably caused by the younger women having to stand in the shadows of the older women who knew what they were doing and were doing it very well.
I B CRUIZIN,

That brings up an interesting point about the April 1st Singlescruise. The younger guys had no problem enjoying all age groups including the older women. The younger women however couldn't stand to hang with anybody in their 40's. There were exceptions of course but it does make you understand why the young guys don't like the younger women, it's their bad attitude.

Bill

PS - Why do you think I like women closer to my own age, they are the older woman as I am now 50 and man the young girls can't hold a candle to them!
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Default Don't get me wrong

Don't get me wrong, I know that the older women don't have as much baggage and they probably know a trick or two, but there is something to be said for a supple young womans body and energy.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Beginner

I'm new to singles cruising. I have cruised before on Princess and RCC.
I have not heard great things about Carnival Cruises. Can anyone give me some insight on their ships. I especially do not want to be overrun by kids.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Don't get me wrong

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I know that the older women don't have as much baggage and they probably know a trick or two, but there is something to be said for a supple young womans body and energy.
>>>>>>>>
Excuse me, but the same can be said for the young man's body and energy. Right, gals?

Enjoy your cruise, regardless of the ages.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
There is something to be said for a supple young woman's body and energy. That something usually goes something like this:

"PREGNANT!!!! " "I THOUGHT YOU SAID ____________________ :evil: :evil: (fill in the rest yourself)"

Hahahahaha!!!

But King you are entitled to want what you want. Check out VTG, their cruises may be a bit more age appropriate for you.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
This is true but afterwards I like a nice conversation and the young girls just don't have it there!
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Beginner

Default Very true

Touche' Pat. I guess that is fair.

What we men lose in energy we gain in experience, technique, and staying power (Least that is what I keep telling myself). LMFAO
Guess I sound like a bit of a tool.

I apologize to you slightly more seasoned women out there. Hope I run into a couple of you hot honeys on my first singles cruise adventure.
(I definately won't tell you who I am as to not get tossed overboard! )
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Very true

Quote:
Touche' Pat. I guess that is fair.

What we men lose in energy we gain in experience, technique, and staying power (Least that is what I keep telling myself). LMFAO
Guess I sound like a bit of a tool.

I apologize to you slightly more seasoned women out there. Hope I run into a couple of you hot honeys on my first singles cruise adventure.
(I definately won't tell you who I am as to not get tossed overboard! )
Hey King- I sure hope there is some young guys like you on my upcoming singles cruise in Jan. 2008. I am 38 but I am constantly being told that I look 25 so the young guys always are checking me out! I go either way, younger or slightly older than me, it really doesn't matter either way! But I have to admit, when it comes to bodies, I want them hard and ripped!! I just want to have a great time!

26 cruises and counting!
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJN
I'm new to singles cruising. I have cruised before on Princess and RCC.
I have not heard great things about Carnival Cruises. Can anyone give me some insight on their ships. I especially do not want to be overrun by kids.
Hi HJN,

I have been on two Carnival Singles cruises. I am not a great fan of the Conquest class ships. The layout is poor (omo), and it is difficult to get from one end of the ship to the other without going up or down a deck.

I really missed the top deck bar/lounge - the Conquest ships have all the bars/lounges on the lower decks - its like going into a basement. I enjoy being at the top of the ship, looking out the windows at night, listening to music and having a drink.

There were ton's of kids on the two cruises I was on. They were in all the pools, including the adult only hot tubs, but they were not a great problem, just irritating. I think this was more because it was during the spring break (not the fun university one). I will never cruise during the US presidents day weekend again, just because of the increase number of kids.

The Valor was very smoky in all areas of the ship, including the hallways to the cabins. There must have been alot of smokers on this ship as I didn't notice smoke on the Conquest which is an identical ship.

The food, shore excursions and entertainment was fine. The cabins are large, well laid out and clean.

I have decided that I will never cruise a Conquest class ship again - I just don't like them. I would be willing to try another class of Carnival ship.

I am thinking my next cruise will be the Jan 13 Singlescruise on RCL

Cam
Feb 07 Carnival Squalor
Jan 08 Freedom of the Seas
Jan 09 Celebrity Solstice
Jan 10 Crown Princess
May 10 Navigator of the Seas-Med
Jan 11 Oasis of the Seas
May 11 Independence of the Seas-Canary Is.
May 11 Vision of the Seas-Baltic
Jan 12 Island Princess-Panama Canal
Oct 12 Oasis of the Seas-Halloween
Dec 12 Mariner of the Seas-New Years Eve
Feb 14 Independence of the Seas
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Excuse me, but the same can be said for the young man's body and energy. Right, gals?

Enjoy your cruise, regardless of the ages.
Right, Pat!

About "emotional baggage"....we older gals (I'm headed into my late 40"s) have baggage just like everyone else. The difference: we've learned how to unpack all that baggage and make it go away! We don't let yesterday's mistakes ruin today and dictate tomorrow. Just my opinion.

I'm certainly more comfprtable in my own skin now than I was 20 years ago. Wouldn't turn back the clock for anything!
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Yeoman

IBCRUZIN is right about the young gals getting pregnant. On one of my singles group cruise a young guy got a young gal pregnant. He foolishly thought she was on the pill. She wanted to get pregnant. He wanted just a fling. She wanted a baby and a husband. He didn't want a baby or a wife. But guess what? He ended up in a shot gun wedding because he wanted the baby and the mother has to be with the baby. That really happen on a 7 day cruise. We have photos to prove it. The baby doesn't need a DNA test because he looks just like the father. I laughed when I saw the photo because the baby looked just like him. We saw the wedding photos and the baby photos posted on the singles website.

The moral of the story is.... wear a rain-coat.. Angelgal
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
IBCRUZIN is right about the young gals getting pregnant. On one of my singles group cruise a young guy got a young gal pregnant. He foolishly thought she was on the pill. She wanted to get pregnant. He wanted just a fling. She wanted a baby and a husband. He didn't want a baby or a wife. But guess what? He ended up in a shot gun wedding because he wanted the baby and the mother has to be with the baby. That really happen on a 7 day cruise. We have photos to prove it. The baby doesn't need a DNA test because he looks just like the father. I laughed when I saw the photo because the baby looked just like him. We saw the wedding photos and the baby photos posted on the singles website.

Luci, that's too funny, at least from my perspective!
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal

OMG, I can't believe that is a true story but I guess things happen! And they happen even on vacation and on a cruise! I feel sorry for them both but it all worked out in the end! But it is still funny!

26 cruises and counting!
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yeoman

This is a true story. The guy didn't marry her until he saw that it was his baby. Since he was in the service and was planning to go back to Iraq to fight the war and his life was in danger I am sure his parents wanted him to marry the girl because what if something happened to him.... at least they would have a grandson to love. Plus, the child would inherit his Army benefits and social security.
The wife is a California girl from a middle class family so she really didn't need his financial support at all. Plus, if he wouldn't marry her she could claim full custody of the baby. I looked at the situation in legal terms and she was the winner. He gained a child to carry on his DNA GENES.

This story does have a happy ending. He got transfered to Germany where it is safe and he will get to live to see his son grow. She will moved to Germany to be with her husband.

Yes, Bill, this is a funny story and I got to meet both of them. The girl truly loved the guy. He most likely had to do a quick attitude adjustment and learn to be a father and a husband. He is a very nice guy and I took a photo with him so my Mom could pray for his safety in Iraq. My mom's prayers worked because he was transferred from the front lines. Angel