Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to vbudde
Default just curious

as a single young man i will taking my first cruise in october and was curious about what i should expect and what if any advice that i could get for things to do? thanks

V.O.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:57 PM
booboo4031

Are you doing a singles cruise or going solo on a regular cruise??

Diane
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Passenger

i am going solo on a regular cruise
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Admiral

What line are you taking - your experience will vary greatly by lines and also by time and length of cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbudde
i am going solo on a regular cruise
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Passenger

its on carnival and 3 nights on fascination
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Admiral

In a word - younger crowd, more singles, more night life, more bars/clubbing.

Carnival appeals to a younger, fun loving (partying) crowd and the short durations favors a younger, rather than older group of fellow passengers.

Thing to do - probably alot of mingling, maybe snorkeling or clubbing in ports. The Carnival veterans here should be chiming up.

Quote:
its on carnival and 3 nights on fascination
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Passenger

since my cruise is short would there still be a singles party?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
since my cruise is short would there still be a singles party?
On the Fascination, every night is a singles party night. Pure party ship but only in the good way. Club is hopping every night all night long. Piano bar is much fun as is karaoke bar.

Fascination is the one ship I would recommend for a young cruiser. The passenger load is more 20's/30's than 50's/60's.

Shore excursions could be anything because I believe the ship stays in Nassau until 5 or 6 a.m. the next morning. Loads of clubs to go to. Start with Senor Frog which is near the terminal and work your way around the island. However, don't miss the ship.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Passenger

that is good to hear. i am ready for the party. and should i switch to the later dining to meet more singles? also i am going on the yellow bird shore excursion, is this a good choice?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
that is good to hear. i am ready for the party. and should i switch to the later dining to meet more singles? also i am going on the yellow bird shore excursion, is this a good choice?
I took the Fasincation 4 day cruise several years ago and if you like a party crowd you will likely find it. If you are a little older like I am you may not care for it as much but I believe you stated you are young. That ship does not have the best things Carnival has to offer but for a 3 day party cruise it works.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: just curious

Quote:
as a single young man i will taking my first cruise in october and was curious about what i should expect and what if any advice that i could get for things to do?
I think you're going to have a GREAT time!

Big consideration in answering your questions has to do with what you are looking for. Are you looking to lose yourself for 3 days, get away from it all, relax, basically hide for the weekend with no pressures - or are you looking to meet a lot of people, be sociable? I guess if you were looking to be alone, that's easy enough to do without asking on a message board, so I'll assume you want to make the most of this.

A couple of suggestions, if you drink, sit at the bar instead of a table. I feel more comfortable at the bar instead of sitting alone at a table, you'll meet a lot of people this way, at least I tend to. Dinner seating might be better if it's the late seating. October is when school is in session, so you would think it's no big deal, but on a weekend trip, I'm sure families will be there a-plenty, later dinner more opportunities to meet solo travelers. Also, get involved in organized activities. There's always something going on, be a part of it and you'll meet fun people and have a lot of fun with it.

Most of all, be active, be in the midst of things, and participate. You'll have a great time.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
First Mate

look at the bright side, if you do not enjoy the cruise, then you have the option to jump in the water and swim home.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Passenger

ill keep the swiming home part in mind but with the previous posts it looks like i might be having too much fun onboard and i wouldnt want to miss that!!

Free Cruise Clocks