Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
First Mate

Default Age discrimination???

Several cruiselines offer reduced rate for a single traveler, but you MUST be [at least] 55 yrs old to qualify for this rate.

I'm a young grad student that cruises at least 7 times a year, and I don't get this rate many business establishments around America and overseas offer big discounts for university students. Why can't cruiselines do the same?? *** perturbed ***
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

The single supplement and senior discount are 2 different price reduction issues.

Do you think that any senior discount is discriminatory i.e. senior coffee at McDonald's?

Carnival offers a lower single supplement on some cruises in certain cabins, but also offers a senior discount. You don't have to be 55 in order to get a single supplement of 150%.

I don't think university students are a big chunk of the cruising public, nor are they a "target" population.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Shelby
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:39 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
The single supplement and senior discount are 2 different price reduction issues.

Do you think that any senior discount is discriminatory i.e. senior coffee at McDonald's?

Carnival offers a lower single supplement on some cruises in certain cabins, but also offers a senior discount. You don't have to be 55 in order to get a single supplement of 150%.

I don't think university students are a big chunk of the cruising public, nor are they a "target" population.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Shelby
First and foremost, no need for apology. I may not agree with you, but I respect your oponions. Furthermore, I thank you for taking your time to respond back. To answer to your statement -- yes, I strongly feel many companies discriminate on age. Think about it...America is famous for capitalism.
Old August 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Passenger

Default Help ???

WOW Cal Bear....I am a young grad student too in the working world. Where on Earth do you work to cruise at least 7 times per year (paying the single supplement to boot) and get that much vacation time ????
Please tell me...I wanna work there too !!!!! Any openings ???

Baylee
Old August 19th, 2007, 07:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Help ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylee24
WOW Cal Bear....I am a young grad student too in the working world. Where on Earth do you work to cruise at least 7 times per year (paying the single supplement to boot) and get that much vacation time ????
Please tell me...I wanna work there too !!!!! Any openings ???

Baylee
If you want to know, then hop on Islands Princess or any other cruises I booked for this year and next. I will tell you over dinner. Also, dinner is on me