Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to J C H Send a message via MSN to J C H Send a message via Yahoo to J C H
Default SINGLES..........best cruise line...Carnival, PCL, RCL...who

BTW...this is legitimate inquiry from this newbie. I know, another topic or question about singles....oh well. If anyone has any insights I am ALL EARS....please. Never been on a cruise, and...I have never met anyone traveling yet...so...which cruise line has the best activities, events, mixers and programs.......or do I just try and gang up with a tour company? I wait your sweet responses, thank you.
Old December 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Depends on what you want to do.

If you are interested in dancing, laughing and meeting hotties and honeys, Carnival is your best bet. It is a fun, noisey atmosphere with activities that are geared towards getting the passengers to interact with each other.

If you are more senior and like to do things a bit more reserved, then you may be happy with Princess or Holland. I believe Celebrity is for an older set and passengers are mostly coupled off.

RCCL and NCL onboard atmosphere is not geared towards people travelling without a significant other. On these two cruiselines, even people travelling in groups may feel a bit estranged from the goings on (or lack thereof) aboard these companies' ships. Most activities are not group activities but rather solo ventures (rock climbing, anytime seating, ice skating, etc.). I have soloed on both of these cruiselines and, while the cruises were enjoyable, I did not leave the ship with the feeling, "oh boy, I wanna do that again", which is how I feel when I leave a Carnival ship.

I have never done Celebrity, Princess or Holland.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to J C H Send a message via MSN to J C H Send a message via Yahoo to J C H
Default UH OH, I already booked now om RCL, help....lol

Hi. I posted my note on Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:29 pm, and no one said much of anything. Since I am in my mid 30's I thought maybe to go ON RCL...uh oh was that a mistake..............................? I wanted to try Carnival but an agent said they are trying more to capture the family market now and they only get wacky semi-adult- busy with singles during march break events. I want to party/socialize a bit...but not like spring break I think? Anyways................now I feel sad...will RCL not be to my liking and what should I do now...to try and gather with some people. please help?