Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Default Singlescruise.com

This has probably been discussed before, but I can't remember.

I found a perfect cruise next year with Singlescruise.com. I have never traveled with them before.

I would love feedback regarding people's experience with them.

Thanks.

Annmarie
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Familiar Face

I have done three cruises with them. On each cruise they had an optional pre-cruise get together, and a pre-cruise hotel you could book. I have never used the hotel, but did attend one pre-cruise dinners. On the ship they put on a number of activites, including theme nights - these are a great way to mix and meet the other people with the group.

Of the three cruises, two were a blast and one was only OK. It will all depend on the mix of the people with the group, the ship, and itinerary.

I would definitely use them again if they had the ship and itinerary I was interested in during the winter cruise months of January or Febuary.

CC
Feb 07 Carnival Squalor
Jan 08 Freedom of the Seas
Jan 09 Celebrity Solstice
Jan 10 Crown Princess
May 10 Navigator of the Seas-Med
Jan 11 Oasis of the Seas
May 11 Independence of the Seas-Canary Is.
May 11 Vision of the Seas-Baltic
Jan 12 Island Princess-Panama Canal
Oct 12 Oasis of the Seas-Halloween
Dec 12 Mariner of the Seas-New Years Eve
Feb 14 Independence of the Seas
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Singlescruise.com

I have done 2 cruises with them, both in 2007. I had a great time on both of them. There was a good mix of people, age and sex wise. We were all there to have a great time, meet new people and make new friends.

You do have a message board to "meet" your fellow cruisers for your sailing. And yes, there is a pre cruise hotel and dinner that is optional. Activities are planned separate from the ship itself, you get a schedule just like the ship's newspaper. Many of them are private, and have free drinks included. Even the shore excursions are separate also. And to help identify other Singlescruisers, you get a necklace with your name on it.

The 2 cruises I went on with them, there were many repeat customers, some with 10 or more cruises. So I guess that says a lot there. I will travel with them again, no doubt.

Also, if you do book with them and its a Carnival ship, ask if any 1A's are available if you want a cabin solo. They may or may not be available. They don't advertise these, and they will have to call Carnival to check. But it can save you some bucks if you want a single cabin.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Check this story out that was on Cruisemates: Romance and Friendship at Sea It's in the Singles section on Cruisemates. Actually I was on that cruise when Pat, the author was writing this aricle.

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Thank you to CC & Jimmy s for the feedback. I have done a few cruises with other another singles site, so I am glad that singlescruise has some of the same set up. I also figured with the amount of return people they must be pretty good, but it always helps to get individual feedback.

I believe I am going to book the March 2010 cruise.

Thank you again for taking the time and replying back to me.

Annmarie
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Annmarie,

Glad that I could help. Hope you have a great time on your singlescruise. And hopefully you will be able to meet Chuck, once you meet him you won't forget him.

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to jgemoets@gmail.com
Default singlescruise

generally that is a good singles cruise booking agency. At sometime like 2003 it was bought out by Carlson Corporation. The cruises have become rather full of cliques and then even one older person who goes on like six or seven cruises a year who appears to have an "entourage" Its That is fine but I cant afford that. Like any company, of course they like to have return customers.

The company does have a message board which is nice to meet people at least on a surface level and find out what people look like. Since I am indefinitley suspended from the message board for commenting on individuals who dont like the Carlson excursions, that doesnt do me much good.

The cruise directors are very good and helpful and the office staff is very competent and polite. John, NM
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Beginner

Hi Annmarie-

I sailed with singlescruise.com for the first time last year. And I must say, it was quite a positive experience. I was recently divorced as so a couple of my guy friends invited me... or more like forced me to go! lol They bought my ticket and practically packed my bags! I, being a newly single guy(39), sort of felt weird going a singles cruise. I'm no Brad Pitt, but I've never really had a problem with getting a date. And so I felt a bit exposed. I felt like I was telling everyone, "Hey, I NEED A DATE"! lol Boy was I surprised! Here’s a short story of my experience.

Day 1

The host, a pretty blond girl, (no names, hehe) didn’t waist any time in commencing with the introductions. She arranged for all of us singles to participate in a “Lock N Key” game. This is where the guys get a key, and the girls get a lock. (ya… I know where your mind took you!!) Now in trying to keep a straight face while I type this…. the object of the game is for the guys to go around and try to find their “lock-mate”. Supposedly, all keys had a “lock-mate”. As so I just walked around sticking my key in as many locks that I could, trying to find the lock that would open. (boy it’s hard keeping this clean! hehe) In the meantime, I would introduce myself to most of the other single girls in the group! And for the most part, it worked!

Day 2

I woke up late. (hey… this is a cruise!) And while walking around the ship, I could easily pick out the “singles” that were in our group. All of us had beaded necklaces with our names on them. Apparently there were some activities that the host put together… I missed them. Later that evening at dinner, I arrived late. Time flies when you’re having fun!

The “singles” group were all mixed up in 8 separate tables. And each night they mixed us up to promote socializing. Since I arrived late, I had to walk around and look for an empty chair. There were 2 or 3. But I decided to choose the one empty chair that was next to a very cute blond! (2 years my youth) This table only had 4 chairs. 2 girls and one guy. So I introduced myself, and asked if anyone was seated here. The blond looked up at me gave me a BIG smile and said, “Nope, it’s all yours!” At this point I should have know where my evening was going. But being a newly single guy, I was naive.

Well, long story short, the blond and I hit it off! After dinner we met at the night club, we danced, we kissed, we walked the deck, then we walked to her room! It was a pretty good day! lol

Day 3

9:30am - I walked into my cabin room. And my cabin mates were ALL OVER ME! Where have you been? We thought something happened to you!! Where did you spend the night?! I didn’t realize I brought my 2 MOTHER’s with me on the cruise!! lol
So after kissing and telling, (yes, us guys do it to!) I was the envy of my cabin mates for the day!

On this day, we had previously scheduled a shore excursion. So the chances of me running into my new blond friend was slim. I didn’t expect to see her until dinner later in the evening. In which we didn’t make. We stayed on shore having a great time until sailing time. (10pm) We did run into a group of girls that were also from our ship. And were also part of our singles group! One girl caught my fancy. She was 8 years younger than me. And after some Tequila, Tecate, and Tangoing… we decided that we should go back to the ship and continue our “good time” in the ships Jacuzzi! Now, I know what your thinking. But it is what it is, and I was having a good time! And I’m single. And I don’t have to explain. lol And apparently you ARE actually still reading! So if you don’t want to know the rest…stop here. And go sign up so that you can make your own story!! hehe

Without getting into details, we had sex in the Jacuzzi. And it was great! And I don’t regret it one bit! lol FYI... A plastic bag and a rubberband works better in this situation rather than a condom! lol So now I’m thinking… wow, how many other singles from our group are having THIS much fun!!?? Is this “Singles” cruise ALWAYS like this?! I am now a "Singlescruise.com" fan! lol

Day 4

9:30am - I walked into my cabin room. And my cabin mates were ALL OVER ME…again! Where have you been? (this is where it changes) “We ran into the blond girl you were with last night! And she asked for you. And we couldn’t answer her”!! lol (oops) It just happens that the young girl (31ish) that I met on Day 3 had a roommate as well. (60ish) And SHE found a friend as well! She ended up spending the night at her “New friends” room! Apparently THIS does happen quite a bit on these cruises! To ALL ages! So go and have some fun! Now you may not choose to have as much fun as I did… but you can! 
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Beginner

Well Rocket, although always fun and a good company I think that is a pretty unusual experience. One of the mottos of the company is "never travel alone" and that indeed is true with singles cruise.com. I think I have been on six cruises with that company and of course there were some "musical cabins" games but not that much. Not to get too philosphical but it is true, that many people on singles cruises have recent divorces or some other tradgedy such has the death of a spouse and then those who have never made any kind of commitment. What is available on a singles cruise is largely in the eye of the beholder. Maybe on shorter cruises people "get busy" earlier but I have never been on one less than a week long. Of course, some people really want to get to know one another before a sleepover in a differerent cabin with them.

Tastes vary a lot also. I have been on singles cruises where there were no women I was attracted to. It would not be typical to be having sex in the hottub/Jaccuzzi. There are just too many people there and the hours are close early and open rather late.

It is true that people often travel with groups of friends. Three people in a cabin?

I suppose everything is an individual experience and things can happen that are very unexpected. John, NM
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Passenger

I have cruised with singlescruise.com and will cruise again with them because I did have a great time. I don't cruise to pick up on guys. I just like to be with other singles. WE HAD A GREAT GUY HOST from Singlecruise.com IN Miami where the ship left from.

I plan to cruise with them again in the future.

Some singles here cruise with that group over and over.
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Default singlescruise

Lucy, Yep, that over and over thing is an interesting phenomena. It should be pointed out that singlescruise.com is trying to do other trips for singles now other than cruising. The current non cruising trip is to Peru. That would surely be too grueling a plane flight for me but for others, perhaps not. I would rather got to florida and get on a ship and have room service and all that without having to pack and unpack about seven times.

The only singlescruise male director ive met is named Rick. He is a good guy. Another good thing about this company is that on all the ones I have been on, they have a table with buletin board to put up messages and remind people of singles events. John, NM
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Hello!

Lucy - I am like you. I like to meet a whole lot of people when I travel. I have been going back & forth on trying Singlecruise out, but the input has helped.

I had also heard that alot of people cruise with them on a repeat basis.

I think I will just try one of their short cruises and see how I like them.
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Annmarie, Have you traveled much with VTG? Which cruise are you looking at in March? The reason I ask, there is a thread on singlescruise that talks about a march cruise. Looks like a few people will be on the Mar 27 cruise. You can join singlescruise website and read the explorer threads without booking a cruise.
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Passenger

JTL:

I am going on my 3rd VTG cruise in October.

At this point, I am looking at the 4 day Singlescruise cruise in June of 2010. This will give me a chance to try them out and see.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Annmarie
Old September 9th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Have you done the halloween with them before? Do you know Karl?
Old September 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Passenger

No, this is my first Halloween cruise, so I am really looking forward to it.

I don't think I know Karl.
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to scrim67 Send a message via Yahoo to scrim67

AnnMarie,

I've sailed with SC twice and have had a wonderful time.

They do a good job organizing activities and keep everyone informed of the goings on.

I have made some lifelong friends.

What's also nice that outside of the cruises there are reunions throughout the year that are organized by our fellow cruisers.

During 2009 I know that groups of 20-100 people have met for weekend getaways in places such as Montreal, Chicago, NYC, San Francisco, Orlando and Las Vegas.

It's all good harmless fun!!
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Beginner

I think I'd love a singlescruise.com or the VTG or other groups, but guess I'll stay out of the hot tub... ewwwww!
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hot Tub

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltravlr
I think I'd love a singlescruise.com or the VTG or other groups, but guess I'll stay out of the hot tub... ewwwww!
I for one, have always been a bit suspicious of the suds in the hot tub..
21 Princess

"You may have less scars, but I'll have better stories"

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!