Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default NW EPIC Studios?

I was wondering if anyone has booked a new studio cabin on NW cruise lines Epic? I called about a summer criuse but the rates were well over $1,000.
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:27 AM
First Mate

i have a cabin booked in oct. paid 799.00. it's probably that high cause it's epics debut this summer. also summer months are more expensive to cruise.
2007 carnival liberty
2005 carnival destiny
2004 rccl radiance of the seas
2003 rccl explorer of the seas
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has booked a new studio cabin on NW cruise lines Epic? I called about a summer criuse but the rates were well over $1,000.
Hi,

I was on vacations to go single discount and they have the epic for $799. No supplement. Today I sign up on this website.So this is all new to me. I'm 52 yr old female. I don't smoke or drink. If you are insterest maybe we can see how much it would cost to share a cabin. Maybe it would be cheaper. I never travel with a stranger before. All my other cruises were with my husband who is my ex now. Last year I missed my cruise because I ended up with a 9 week foot stress fracture. Had to wear a boot for 9 weeks. So now I looking forward to cruise. Would like to hear from you if you don't have any plans. Cruisegal7
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Familiar Face

Hello, thanks for the reply. I am thinking of going on the Carnival Halloween cruise out of Port Canaveral, Singlescruise has a good trip for $707. I won't be taking a trip on the Epic until next year. Good luck and thanks again, Jim
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to cash

i am planning a cruise mid jan 2011 in the caribbean...looking for a roomie also,,,i am 62 widower and have cruised many times....lets chat about it
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Passenger

I am looking to go on Epic oct 30 with rates for a studio (single) at $859.00 including all taxes. Plus a $75.00 ship board credit. If you search you can find some cheaper rates.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Passenger

Kevin, you got a great deal on the Epic. VTG singles are going on the EPIC on Oct. 30th. I wish I was going on that date. But I have already booked the Carnival Splendor for Oct. 31st. VTG singles also has a group cruising on that ship.
I plan to cruise next year on the Epic when I get a great rate too.

For those of you looking for cabin mates my advise is not to do it because the cabins are super small at 100sq. feet to 148 sq.feet for some cabins. That is super small to be with a stranger. The storage is bad also. Carnival cabins sizes are 185sq.feet. They are spacious compared to NCL cabins.
It is best to pay the extra money. LucyR.
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Have fun on your cruise Lucy,and give me a report after you take it! I too wish I were on the Epic for Halloween, quite a few of our friends are on that ship!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Default The ncl epic

Hi Showcat, I just found out that the EPIC SPA doesn't have showers in their Spa area. I always look foreward to taking showers in the Spas.

I feel sorry for the singles who have booked with a stranger roomie on the EPIC.
The cabins are super tiny and not enough storage space. The bathroom is totally strange because they have frosted doors where people can see you doing your business. Plus they can hear you because the door doesn't go all the way to the top.

Cabins are super important to me that they be comfortable.

I can hardly wait to read the cruise reviews from the VTG singles group that are cruising on the Epic for Oct. 30th Halloween cruise. Lucy R.
Old July 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

NEW! Norwegian Epic Solo Cruisers - Meet & plan your onboard reservations

The board above is just for Norwegian Epic since there has never been a ship like this before.

By the way, I just got back from Epic and there is plenty of storage in the regular cabins on Epic - But there is not a lot of personal space - the beds are hard to separate (maybe 8 inches) and the floor space is tight.

You will find lots of information about the STUDIO STATEROOMS here:

Epic Studio Staterooms ( 1 2)

Old July 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Familiar Face

I am 52 F who will be on the Epic in a Studio for the December 18 thru January 1st. I got excited about this ship because I will only have to pay for myself. Maybe my background is different but to have 100 square feet to just sleep, change, shower sounds like pretty good space for me. The idea of the Living Room where people can meet each other and see about doing things without any pressure just seems great. I am so looking forward to this trip and as far as price I think I got a great deal. I am on deck 12 mid-ship, I do not have to share with anyone if they get moody. I have been pricing trips to go by myself and nothing comes close to what I can get in the Studio on the Epic. I have had enough roommates that sharing for a cruise did not do it for me. I just hope that the other cruise lines pick up on how popular this idea is so that there can be more selection for trips. The social configuration has changed there are many more singles today with many wanting to enjoy this type of vacation but not many really want to take a chance on a total stranger (even if they end up being great friends) or have to end up paying for two when they are only one. This is just my opinion.
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Familiar Face

Yes, I booked for Feb/2011, it's well worth it.
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Familiar Face

Hi, I am booked on the studios for 2/26/2011. The studios are really meant for one person and too small to share. If you decide to go that route and go on this ship I am a lady in her 40s looking to share things to do and conversation on that ship. I don't smoke and don't drink much.
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Familiar Face

I totally agree with you. I am a lady in her 40s who just booked a studio on the epic for February 2011 and its nice to not pay the single supplement or have to get a roommate.
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Familiar Face

TS cabins are for singles not 2.
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default TS cabins

TS cabins are for singles, not 2.
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

you may want to read some of the postings on the eptic, the first few cruises have had some problems with the reservation system.
it appears that the lounges and theaters onboard do not seat enough passengers to enable ever pssenger to see all the shows during a 7-day cruise.
calculating the number of shows during a 7-day cruise and each scheduled show with the number of seats in that venue confirms that not all passengers can view every show on a 7-day cruise.

i wonder how long it will be before ncl adds additional shows on every cruise to accomidate the passengers paying revenue?
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Default NW EPIC Studios?

I am booked for April 9th, 2011; just wanted to see the ship with all the bars and restaurants. Don't really mind the size of a room; you aren't in it long enough and if you are a single, what does it matter if someone could see you in the shower? I would like to try the Oasis next, just to compare
NCL Dawn, 2004
NCL Spirit, 2004
NCL Norway, 2000
Inspiration, 2008
Voyager of the Seas, Med 10/11/09