Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default April 16th, 2004 Legend Sailing

Hi All,

Just booked the April 16th, 2004 sailing aboard The Legend of the seas from Honolulu to Ensenada! We would love to hear from anybody who has done this cruise before.

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM
bobnpat

Default Re: April 16th, 2004 Legend Sailing

Hi Bill,
You may want to rethink that itinerary. My wife and I were on Celebrity Infinity April 3 cruise that took the same route. The cruise was great, the islands were beautiful -- and then we hit Ensanada.

Because of the law, we couldn't get off in San Diego, which was the originating point of the next cruise. Instead, we had to be up by 4am, to start getting off at 7am. We were put on busses for the trip to San Diego -- now, the fun really starts.

In Tiajuana, everyone had to get off the bus for Customs clearance. Try to imagine about 40 busses lined up, with over 2000 passengers, standing in the rain. The first people had to take ALL of their luggage, although, after a while, tey let it be checked on the bus. Stood in line for over an hour, then a half-mile walk to get back on the bus.

I can guarantee, I'll never do THAT again. If you can either go in the opposite direction, or, maybe, take a cruise that terminates in Vancouver, you may save yourself a lot of grief.

Bob
Old May 25th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: April 16th, 2004 Legend Sailing

Bill,
We are also traveling on the LOS on Ap16th ! Cabins 7128 aand 7634. Two couples from Fl.
We would love to hear from anyone about the ship, the cabins, and the excursions they enjoyed!
Old May 25th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: April 16th, 2004 Legend Sailing

Hi,

Are you as excited as we are to be cruising to Hawaii? We have always wanted to go to Hawaii and when we saw this April 16th cruise we had to book! RCCL cruise line is our favorite line. We have been on Celebrity once, NCL 4 times and RCCL 4 times and found RCCL to be the best with Celebrity close behind. What airline are you guys flying on...this is our only concern THE LONG FLIGHT! My Wife and 14 year old Son will be cruising with me and we are looking forward to seeing Pearl Harbor, taking a helicopter ride over a volcano and going to a luau! I have been trying to find a review on The Legend cruising to Hawaii and cant find one. Hope to keep in touch with you as the cruise approaches, please feel free to email me at williamriley2000@yahoo.com.

Talk to you soon,

Bill
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: April 16th, 2004 Legend Sailing

HI Bill,
Yes, we are very excited. I think the planning is half the fun! This is our first time on RCL. We did Alaska on Celebrity Summit last summer and had an incredable time. Loved the Summit. We choose LOS because of the itinerary! Now we are a little concerned about the ending in Ensenada! We wanted two days in Maui, and not many ships gave us that. And we felt that if we cruised for the 4 sea days first, we would get a little bored and very anxious to get there...sort of wishing the days to go by (like a kid waiting for Christmas). The 4 sea days at the end would be a welcome rest, we would be able to enjoy the ship and activities, hoping it would never end! Plus it would help with the time change back, as we are from FL.. We are spending a couple days in Ohau before we board the ship, so that will help with the time change on the way over.
Lets keep in touch, (itsanita@msn.com) as we start planning our excursions we can exchange ideas. We have already booked our laua with Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Maui. We booked on line www.OldLahainaLuau.com . From all we have heard, it seems to be the best. Around $82. pp, but it includes EVERYTHING. Unlimited food, drinks (including a preminum open bar throughout the evening) the show, a fresh flower lei, etc. They take your CC #, but do not charge it till that evening. Can cancell up to the day of the show. I figured a win win. Hopefully we can pick up a review from some people who have gone this year.
Anita