Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii, how is the

Hi Everyone, in answer to the CC party question, it is usually hosted by a ship's staff member and sometimes, the Cruise Director and/or senior staff will attend. It's usually on a sea day. We've been to many CC parties, both on Celebrity & RCCI, and each was different (food and drink wise). It's basically a chance for everyone who has been communicating on the boards to get together and meet in person. This one is HUGE,
I believe we have at least 200 people signed up. Most times, there will be many who will not show up, only because they are involved with something else during that time.
We've met some wonderful people thru the boards and the parties, so do try to attendl.

I've booked the Islands as follows: Kona, rending a car with friends; Kauai, Hawaiimovietour (private tour with large group from the ship), Hilo, Waipi'o Valley of Kings Expedition (ship tour), Honolulu; Pllynesian CUltural Center (ship tour), Maui,
Rainforest & Waterfall Hiking Adventure (ship tour).. I was in Hawaii last October so I'm trying to see the thinkgs we didn't see last year.

I'll be arriving in SD on Saturday 12/4 at approximately 3:30..staying at the Best Western Bayside and having dinner with friends who live in the area. This is the first time I'm cruising without my husband, I will be with friends on the ship. I 'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Nancy
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:41 AM
KIM STANTON

Default Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii, how is

Hi Nancy

Thanks for all the info - are looking forward to the party and will definately be attending! Just one question - is it formal or informal dress wear? Or will we find that out on the ship?

Well everyone seems much more organised than me trip wise! We wanted to do the snorkel/dolphin trip but it clashes with our whale watching! Will have to get back into the excursions and make some decisions I think!

Well am still counting the days and chatting to people on these boards makes it more exciting somehow and gets me in the holiday mood, so for a few mins, I can let my mind drift away to images of the cruise and the islands......then its back to reality when the phone rings!

Right time to look up those excursions.......

Kim
Old October 6th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii, how is the wea

Hi Nancy! Thanks for updated info on the CC party. I know there must be at least 200 people going because we were 195-197. Then I e mailed Kim to also join . I have been enjoying reading all the daily posts. I liked seeing the pictures of people in CC website nerd thred. I posted a reply for well wishes to you during the hurricane but somehow my post was put inside your initial post. I am an idiot at computers so just know you were thought about as was everybody else in the hurricane path. Keep up the posting Oh yeah, Kim, do not feel like you are unorganized because it will all come together!
Hello to everybody else on the Infinity sailing!
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kim, if the Snorking you are considering is in Maui, The Lanai Dolphin one, we did it last October and LOVED it. As far a whale watching, I've been told by many that you can usually see whales when at sea or in port. So, consider that before your make your decision.

As far as the dress attire, it really depends on when it is. One we went to was on a sea day, so we just went in our bathing suits and cover-ups. Other times we wore shorts or capris...We never got "dressed up" for them.

Andrea, thanks for thinking of us during the Hurricane, fortunately, we were once again spared down here in So. FL. We have to count our blessings, living here for 31 years and having all the hurricanes miss us!

Well, as my friend Walter reminded me today...59 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!
"Sea" you all then,
Nancy
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:18 AM
KIM STANTON

Hi All

Well had a quick look at the excursionsand have booked the whale watching on the 15th and the raft and snorkel adventure on the 14th! Getting their slowly! Have had Hilo helicopter recommended for the volcanoes - not sure what to do on the main island - maybe the pearl harbour tour?

Wont worry too much about the dress code for the CC party - will just go with the flow!

Nancy - did not realise you were in florida - lucky escape! Such devastation - must be horrendous for those who are caught in it.

Yes, the weeks are starting to go by pretty quickly now - have given no thought to Xmas at all - will worry about that when I get back!

So long for now

Kim
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Kim Sta

Hi Pat

We are going on the Arizona/mighty mo trip as well - see you there! We have chosen a trip per island - just need to book them all now!

Well folks, its drawing nearer everyday now! We should get details of our cabin etc soon

Looking forward to meeting you all on the ship

Kim
Old October 17th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Pat Reetham

Dear Kim and Others on this thread, I have had a very relaxing Sunday - started looking out cruise clothes whilst packing English summer gear off the spare bed-room for the winter. It is now getting exciting and I have bought a new light weight suitcase after the wheels fell off our biggest one last holiday. Also I have been checking out our ship's position on the celebrity on line web site. Infinity is docked in Escenada, it looks very pretty there. Now I will come back to earth and cook our evening meal. Love Pat
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Kim Sta

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii, ho

Hi Pat and all who are sailing

I have finally got our cabin number 7153 - have no idea if this is good or not - tried to look on the deck plan but writing is tiny and even though I have had my nose pressed to the screen, I cannot see it properley!! Will have to wait till I can check out the brochure. Still waiting to see where we are staying when we get to SD.

I was wondering, KATHY who made the original posting - did you manage to get booked on the cruise????

Well 6 weeks 5 days to go - one of the girks at work has just departed for her first cruise with Royal Caribean - I think I was more excited for her than she was!

Have now booked the Arizona/ mighty mo trip - its a firly early start so will have to have a kip in the afternoon! (get up early everyday for work but at least this will be a pleasurable reason to get out of bed earlyish for!)

Am definately getting into the holiday mood..........

Bye for now my new holiday buddies!!!
Old October 18th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Passenger

Hi Kim! It looks like your cabin is on the vista deck. It is 7 cabins back from the middle elevator on the port side. You can relax, it is not the broom closet!
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Kim, looks like we are neighbors, we are in cabin 7149.
Nancy
Old October 19th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Kim Sta

Hi

Thanks for those words of comfort Andrea and Nancy, so nice that someone I have been in contact with is going to be almost next door! We can have drinks on our balconys (anyone welcome but I must warn you, I do smoke - disgusting I know, but it is my one vice)

As long as I have clean sheets and a clean cabin, I dont really mind where it is situated! Although it is handy being near the lifts.

Just two more trips to book (apart from Mexico) and we are sorted!

Does anyone know what the wine prices with the meals ae like? The last cruise I had (Carnival ) was great BUT they did rip you off on the wine - we were paying about 20.00 for a bottle of wine you can buy at our local supermarket for about 4.00 - people were moaning about it but I wasnt sure if this was a Carnival thing or if all the ships whack the prices up like that! Mind you, the bar prices were OK, sometimes cheaper than what I would pay in London!

Another day nearer!

Kim
Old October 25th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Kim Sta

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego t

Hi Pat and others

Have found out we are staying at the Hyatt Regency in San Diego - will now look this up and see what it is like!

Just over 5 weeks to go - we are getting their ladies!

Time to think about packing ...(not as mad as it seems as I am only at home at weekends)

Kim
Old October 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Pat Reetham

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Die

Evening Kim and Others, Pity we aren't in the same hotel but I think I remember the Hyatt near to the Seapoint village centre possibly - don't laugh but I have just bought 2 new suitcases - Antler super-light and they are on the bedroom floor "winking at me" and i am having a real job not to fill them. The first time we took our sons abroad in 1982 I packed 5 months in advance!! Getting a bit bored tonight looking ahead to next December and I rather fancy Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(at the moment!!!). I used to go twice a year with husband and twice a year with husband but she is 92 now and doesnt go far. In January we are going to Padstow to celebrate d-i-l birthday but after that I am ready for anything. P.S. the weather is looking good in hawaii. Night from Pat
Old October 25th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Passenger

Hi Pat! You better put a sheet and some tape over those luggages. They will start to talk to you soon if they are already winking at you. We have our suitaces or as I call them (reserve life boats) stored way out of reach because ours scream really really loud as the time for a cruise approaches!
Old October 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Kim Sta

Hi All

I am good - do not pack until last minute - i hate seeing a suitcase sitting there ready to go unless I am actually going - Todd bought antler last year - seem pretty good!

Have got clothes/posh frocks etc so am all kitted out - wont pack till the weekend before I go as i will then have to lug it back to london for the week when i go to work, as i will then stay up here and todd will come up here on the friday and sat morning we will go to the airport.

Weeks should go quickly now - I have plans for most weekends so time should fly past. have work then aqua, tap dancing etc so the actual weeks go quickly.

We will be on the ship before we know it....

Bye for now

Kim
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Passenger

Hi Pat! Are your suitcases behaving themselves? Hopefully they are still only winking at you and their behavior hasn't escalated! Our suitcases are still in my In Laws attic because they get very unruly once we drag them home!
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Pat Reetham

Evening All, Actually as it is now Autumn in England we don't really the summer things any longer and they should have been relegated to the back bed-room by now under normal circumstances but the "best" are now hidding in my new suitcases along with a waterproofs and fleeces for their holidays. Not packing yet but DHB'S DS is back from cleaners along with summer jacket (and my winter coat). Must find cufflinks - it is in high 80's in hawaii - I was there 10 years ago at same time so hope weather will be as good. Goodnight from Pat.
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Got my docs in the mail today!! Anyone else get theres?
Nancy
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:34 AM
Kim Sta

Hi

I do not yet have any tickets or anything but it is normal for us to get them approx 2 weeks prior to departure, so I am not worried yet!

Pat - have you got yours yet? I too hope the weather is good - will be nice to see some sun instead of these miserable grey clouds!

Have planned my route at gatwick - get there early, have a cooked brekky (never ususally can eat it but seem to be able to when I go on hol!) then hit the duty free shops, ciggies, books, perfumes, spend a fortune before i have even left the country! get on the plane, knock myself out with valium, sleep, watch a film or two then with any luck, its time to land. will probably eat then bed about 10 US time - wake up about 2 in the morning with jet lag, wake Todd as I hate to be awake on my own....doze off hopefully, then the next day, get on that ship and let the festivites commence! I am so looking forward to stretching out in the sun - so hope its sunny - and relaxing and spending time with Todd, as we are apart during the week...no work for three and a half weeks for me...bliss! Looking forward to all the trips, and the sights - will be a hol of a lifetime for us...maybe to be repeated if we really like it.....as I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but long flight from UK put me off, so to fly halfway then cruise down is ideal for me! Am rambling cos I am bored at work....

Wishing the weeks away......

Kim
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Pat Reetham

Evening Fellow Cruisers and Hi to Kathy, Documents not arrived yet however I expect the T.A. will phone for me to collect them, well thats what has happened before. Your getaway is finely tuned Kathy (anyone would think you are looking forward to this holiday!). We are going to eldest son on the Thursday for night and meal on eve of Clive's birthday - we are in deepest Lincolnshire and son and wife live near Cheltenham. Friday slow drive to Heathrow staying over night at the newly renamed Park Inn (Le Meredien sounded alot classier don't you think?). By Saturday we have completey adjusted to life away from the farm and ready for anything.
Yesterday I put a few things in the cases - evening shoes and Clive's with black socks etc. Chucked quite a number of items out and can't see myself needing 15 T-shirts. 4 weeks to go. Cheers Pat
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Pat Reetham

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii, ho

HALLO - IS THERE ANYONE THERE!
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Kim Sta

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Hawaii

Yep, still here but have been busy so havent had chance to look at the boards

Suitcases are down and in back bedroom - will sort out hol clothes at the weekend

Still no tickets but not panicking yet - maybe next week

Countdown is seriously on now - 16 more days at work for me, then thats it!

All is planned - just hope nothing goes wrong!

Diet/excercise regime not working but what the hell - so what if im not a size 12 anymore - will still enjoy holiday

Cant wait to meet everyone and soooo looking forward to having sun, fun, and a relaxing time, also to seeing things I have never seen before - pearl harbour, whales in the wild, volcanoes etc - have reverted to an excited child and am driving workmates/mum mad by giving them countdown to when i go/what im doing when im there

Will MAKE them look at photos and video when Im back..... so practise your toothpaste smiles folks!
Old November 26th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Pat Reetham

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Ha

DEAR kIM AND FELLOW CRUISERS, NOT LONG NOW=
Old November 26th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Pat Reetham

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego to Ha

DEAR kIM AND FELLOW CRUISERS, NOT LONG NOW= We are now staying at the Hyatt and arrive at SD airport about 7.oop.m. Aren't the documents great- I think it is the most interesting book I have ever read. Going to have a bust week-end before 2 more days work and then off to Cheltenham before the cruise. Love Pat
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Kim Sta

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: December Cruise from San Diego t

Hello Pat and others

A mere 5 days to go - is my birthday today and the celebrations (commiserations)started t the weekend and carry on through the week till friday! At least this week will fly past! Am all packed and ready to go.

Pat are you at the Hyatt in san diego? We are there! I though you were somewhere else! Mind you, we dont get there till about 9.30 at night, so think it will be food, maybe a quick nightcap then bed as we will be shattered. Dont want to oversleep next day and miss transport to ship so will put in an alarm call!

Def butterflies setting in - hate the long flight but as destination worth it, will grin and bear it.

Will hit gatwick shops to kill time at airport, have a few bits to get whihc we will get there to kill some time - hate just sitting there so have a small list to keep us occupied.

Can' t beleive this time next week we will be on the ship, hopefully sunning ourselves, - it has been a long time coming but last few weeks have gone quickly - now want hol to go slowly!

See you all there!!

Luv Kim