CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Honolulu Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/256447-honolulu-hotels.html)

amc800 March 1st, 2005 06:01 PM

Honolulu Hotels

Hi Everyone,

I've searched through the message boards in hopes of finding information on good hotels in Honolulu, but the messages never contained too much information. Maybe someone could help. I've narrowed it down to a handful of hotels (listed below) and was curious as to if you have had experience with any of the them. Any input would be much appreciated! We'll probably be stay in "middle class" rooms. Not the low end rooms, but not the penthouse either. Close to the beach and in-room jacuzzis are always a plus :-)

Thank you!
Adam

Aston at the Waikiki Banyan
Aston Pacific Monarch
Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Aston Waikiki Sunset
Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki
Park Shore Waikiki
Waikiki Joy Hotel

Kuki March 3rd, 2005 02:38 PM

Re: Honolulu Hotels

Last May we used Priceline in Honolulu.. Got a wonderful hotel.. Sheraton Waikiki, right on the beach for $105 /night. Much nicer property than any that you mentioned. Some also got Hilton Hawaiian Village.. also an amazing property.

Use Biddingfortravel.com to find tips on what zone to bid etc.

amc800 March 4th, 2005 10:35 PM

Re: Re: Honolulu Hotels

Wondeful information as always, Kuki!! Thank you, I'll check this out.

willing292 May 29th, 2005 07:51 AM

we heard such horror storiees about the hotels in Honolulu that we booked a return cruise. It's actually cheaper.

robert carl June 1st, 2005 08:41 PM

Doe;s any one know the name of the hotel,across street from the pier & International market Place.
Thanks Bob

Susan Hofer June 24th, 2005 03:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Honolulu Hotels

We did stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village pre-cruise in 2002 and it was beautiful. The room was standard Hilton, but the grounds were amazing and it was right on Wakiki Beach. The views there were pretty amazing too. (Surfer boys and girls.) If you could get this reasonably on Priceline go for it. We had to go thru the cruiseline to not void our $200/pp airfare and ended up paying $250/night. So win a little, lose a little.

Single Mom July 15th, 2005 11:53 PM

We booked our room on hotels.com. Was not the new hotels but the friendliness of the staff and location got our attention. Check out the Queen Kapiolani Hotel and book the corner rooms - ours had two walls of windows that looked out to the beach and Diamond Head along with a private balcony. Awesome view and clean room for only $93.50 per night. Hotel is within walking distance of everything and is on the east end of Waikiki away from all the traffic and congestion. I would highly recommend this hotel for a brief stay.

LorraineD July 17th, 2005 01:34 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Moan Surfrider? I got a decent rate but it is in the Diamond Wing. I understand that this wing is OLD and NOISY from street sounds. If anyone knows of this hotel and can provide insight it would be most appreciated. Thank you.