Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to JEANNES Send a message via Yahoo to JEANNES
Default hawaii-4/17/05 carnival

hi there
headed to hawaii on the carnival spirit, would appreciate all and any advise, are there reliable tour guides we can book without carnival? would love to deep sea fish, helicopter tour and luau sounds great as well. have done many cruises, first to hawaii. did hawaii in 1988 by land. HELP!!!!!! see you there
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: hawaii-4/17/05 carnival

Jeanne, I found this post listing books and one excursion place:

Aloha Noa,

Before you leave go to a good bookstore and purchase these "blue" books:

1. The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook
2. Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
3. Hawaii The Big Island Revealed:The Ultimate Guidebook

If you cannot find the books then go to this website: www.wizardpub.com

Rent a car with another couple or do your own thing..it's cheaper and lots more fun than being with a group.

SoCalGal

Reply To This Message
Report This Message

Re: Hawaiian Honeymoon
Author: amc800 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: 03-04-05 22:40

Hi Noa,

I'm also in the middle of preparing for our Hawaiian honeymoon cruise. While I haven't booked anything through it yet, I did stumble upon the following website:

http://www.tombarefoot.com/

It seems to have quite a few local excurisions. For most of the major islands too. I've compared the prices to carnival and it's much cheeper. If you book directly (not through carnival), make sure that you have some way to get to the excursion. Many will come and pick up everyone from a boat. Just makes things a lot easier. Like I said, I haven't book through the site so I can not speak to th quality of the excursions, but I'll bee looking into it again pretty soon. Best of luck!

Adam

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Are you doing Hawaii by land or sea for your honeymoon? I want to go next Jan. and can't decide to do land or sea. I just think if we do land we could see more of the islands. Any input?

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Carole,

If you join us on the CruiseMates Let's Get Lei'd - Version 3.0 group cruise next Jan. you'll see more than you could ever want to .... just maybe not all of it on the islands<G>

I think a cruise is an excellent way to see all of the Hawaiian islands. By land, you'll normally see just one.

With a cruise you get to see quite a bit of the islands if you want to, and can always pick a favorite to go back to for a land vacation.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Robert Cresmen

Jeanne
My wife and I will be on the same trip. I have booked some of the shore tours on Carnval’s site. However, I checked on expedia for some activities and they seem more reasonable in price. I also saw a deep sea-fishing trip there. Hope it helps. Robert.
Old March 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Aloha Jeanne,
I am going for a two week land vacation to Hawaii on April 21. Harry is right about the blue Wizard publication books. They are great! They really give you a good perspective on what to do while on the Islands and what to avoid. For booking tours that are not through Carnival try www.hawaii.com. They have great listings for many of the activities/tour companies on Hawaii. It is very easy to compare prices and options with several companies and tours to choose from. I wish that I had found a site like it when I cruised to Alaska last year.

Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Ken & Deb

We're going to be on board the Spirit for the same trip (cruise #8) - Maybe will meet on board. Deb and I have been to Hawaii before - you'll love it. For more info, write to our e-mail address.
Ken * Deb