CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Tech Support - Help using our Message Boards (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tech-support-help-using-our-message-boards/)
-   -   Avatar problem (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/tech-support-help-using-our-message-boards/375207-avatar-problem.html)

Lakers Fan July 13th, 2010 03:27 PM

I attemped 2 times to change my avatar without success ,any suggestions will be appreciated .

Kamloops Cruiser July 14th, 2010 09:10 PM

Make sure that the avatar isn't to big. there is a size limit.

Lakers Fan July 14th, 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydozer (Post 1303469)
Make sure that the avatar isn't to big. there is a size limit.

It was a 2x2 picture

Kamloops Cruiser July 15th, 2010 09:27 AM

the limit is in KB (kilo bytes or bits) not in inches.

Lakers Fan July 15th, 2010 09:37 AM

???

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopydozer (Post 1303528)
the limit is in KB (kilo bytes or bits) not in inches.

I have no idea what that means .I have frequently changed my avatar always with the same size picture .I tried 5 different times .

Lakers Fan July 17th, 2010 08:57 AM

I have a picture of myself next to a bear and I wanted to crop it and use the bear as my picture

Donna July 20th, 2010 07:06 PM

Hi Henry,
I've had a problem getting a pic in my avitar that was too big...You need to look at the "properties" of your picture and see how large it really is...Usually that is the problem...Take a look and let us know how large it is...

Lakers Fan July 20th, 2010 07:30 PM

Evening Donna:

I've tried several pictures : 2x2 the smallest -3x5 the largest .I will try again

Lakers Fan July 20th, 2010 09:01 PM

I give up ,I tried 5 different pictures 10 more times

Donna July 20th, 2010 09:07 PM

Henry,
Not that size, by going into properties, size it takes up on the computer....Got another idea, right click on a picture that you've already used in your avatar, then click properties and it will show you the size....compare that size to the one you are trying to upload.

Lakers Fan July 20th, 2010 09:45 PM

Donna :

Its not working .I guess I will just go without a picture .

Thanks

Mike M July 20th, 2010 10:38 PM

Henry,

Send me the picture you want as an Avatar and I will resize it and add it to your profile.

mmastell at cruisemates.com

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan July 21st, 2010 02:33 PM

How can I send the picture to you ?

Donna July 21st, 2010 04:44 PM

Henry,
You can attach it or put it in an e-mail, Mike gave you his e-mail address....Hardest part is finding it in your computer, remember where you put it?

Lakers Fan July 21st, 2010 08:16 PM

Donna :

I do not store photos in my computer .I am so computer challenged .I scan and put them in the computer to send to people and then remove them .I just sent a picture to Mike ,not the moose ,my cute little grand dog instead

janice2348 October 1st, 2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1304529)
Henry,

Send me the picture you want as an Avatar and I will resize it and add it to your profile.

mmastell at cruisemates.com

Take care,
Mike

How do I add an animated avatar?

Mike M October 1st, 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janice2348 (Post 1395116)
How do I add an animated avatar?

The same way as you would a picture. Go to User CP, at the top left of the page, and then go to "Edit Avatar" and add your Avatar. If it is a .gif it should work but it is possible the animation will be sacrificed if the system resizes it.

You can upload one from your computer or pull one from the web. Just remember the size cannot be too large. To upload from your system click the "Browse" button. To pull one from the web you need to copy and paste the URL "OF THE PICTURE", not the page the picture is on, into the box. If you are using IE you can get the URL of the picture by right clicking on the picture > selecting "Properties" > copy the URL and then pasting it into your Avatar selection.

The recommended picture size is a maximum of something like 80 pixels x 80 pixels. The system will resize larger pictures but there is a limit so don't try uploading a 4MB picture.

Take care,
Mike

janice2348 October 4th, 2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1395121)
The same way as you would a picture. Go to User CP, at the top left of the page, and then go to "Edit Avatar" and add your Avatar. If it is a .gif it should work but it is possible the animation will be sacrificed if the system resizes it.

You can upload one from your computer or pull one from the web. Just remember the size cannot be too large. To upload from your system click the "Browse" button. To pull one from the web you need to copy and paste the URL "OF THE PICTURE", not the page the picture is on, into the box. If you are using IE you can get the URL of the picture by right clicking on the picture > selecting "Properties" > copy the URL and then pasting it into your Avatar selection.

The recommended picture size is a maximum of something like 80 pixels x 80 pixels. The system will resize larger pictures but there is a limit so don't try uploading a 4MB picture.

Take care,
Mike

Thanks Mike-after I posted this I figured it out!

RTALLEN October 5th, 2011 08:10 PM

I, too have some questions about avatars. Just what is the correct size? 80x80 pixels, 120x120 pixels, or 500x100 pixels? I've come across all three of these sizes recommended on here in various places. Also, once an avatar has been added, is retroactive back through a person's previous postings, or from the date it has been added forward?

Donna October 5th, 2011 08:23 PM

Not sure about the correct size, but yes, once you have an avitar, it will go on all your posts, same as when you change it...If you try a size that is too large, it won't work, so play around with one and see if it takes or not.

Mike M October 5th, 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTALLEN (Post 1395663)
I, too have some questions about avatars. Just what is the correct size? 80x80 pixels, 120x120 pixels, or 500x100 pixels? I've come across all three of these sizes recommended on here in various places. Also, once an avatar has been added, is retroactive back through a person's previous postings, or from the date it has been added forward?

The recommendation is 80x80 but the system will attempt to resize the picture to fit. It usually does a good job but if you try to use a 4MB picture it won't work. Resize it down to around 500KB and let the system resize it.

It is retroactive. All of your previous posts will have your new avatar.

Take care,
Mike

AVA english March 3rd, 2012 09:59 AM

also keep failing

I also want to have a pic on profile

Donna March 3rd, 2012 08:05 PM

Hi AVA,
You will need to go into your profile and upload a pic, one that will fit.

AVA english March 6th, 2012 11:02 AM

Thanks Donna