Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Passenger

Default Anyone been on Carnival Elation?

Hi! My friends and i are trying to plan a cruise for our senior trip. we have gotten alot of information and are leaning towards the Carnival Elation to the Mexican Riviera. Has anyone been on this ship before that could tell me a little about it. My friends have never cruised before and i have only been on the Explorer. Is this a "party" ship? would it be good for 4-5 17 and 18 year olds looking to have fun? any information would help..Thanks!!!
***MEGAN***
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Anyone been on Carnival Elation?

hey i have been on the elation twice actually. If you are looking for a very beautiful ship then go no further. The ship is very gorgeous on the inside and on the outside it is very nice looking. They have many teen activities and the disco is very popular for people 13-21. I have to say I had a great time because there was much to do, and if you like shopping then the places you will stop at like puerto vallarta have many, many stores with unique-culture merchandise. I did enjoy it and the age group ranged to about 13-25 for the youth part and there wasn't anybody much over 75 when i went the first time. If you are looking for more of a party ship then the Carnival's Paradise and the Royal Carribean's Voyager would be better for you. I am taking Voyager for the 2nd time it's the best, but otherwise the elation is a very good ship and the food is extremely good.

-ASHLEY
Old July 12th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Passenger

Thank you! I would love to go on the Explorer again..however my friends dont want to spend the extra couple hundred dollars to fly to Florida. One more question...are the rooms tiny? i know you dont spend much time in it, but i was just curious. thanks!
~megan~
Old July 12th, 2001, 11:09 PM
Sabrina

Yeah...I have been on the elation before...but I didn't really have fun because there weren't really any teens on board who were my age. But my sister was 17 when we went and there were lots of 16-19 yr olds on board so I think u guys would have fun.

Always&Foreva,
Sabrina

P.S. Hope that u find a cruise that u and your friends will enjoy!...and also congraulations on graduating.
Old July 13th, 2001, 03:01 AM
Trvljill

I was 18 last august when I went on the elation. I didn't end up hangin out with people my age really(long story) but I did notice that there was a bunch of people who were 18 or had jsut graduated high school, moreso than on my other ships. I think having to do with being in summer. But so there were a bunch of people in your age range you're loookin at especially during the summer but I mean it does vary week to week, and the cabins are good sizes, you can even squeeze five girls in one room(I mean dpends on your budget) I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain that a carnival cabin is small in comparison to other lines, most say its bigger than they expected. But on most nights the disco stayed open till 3am(only once or twice it didn't stay open that long) also this is a great itinerary for partying since its all ports in mexico. I know in puerto they have two big bars, I forget if theres a senor frogs there or not but I know theres another one, can't think of name right now, but if you'd like it I could get it for you. Then in Mazatlan is a hellafun senor frogs, thats a total party. And cabo is beatiful and I'm sure theres a party place there but then again you're there so early that its really not the time to party. I think it attracts a party crowd because of the stops, so everyone was in a party mode that we met. I didn't know that the paradise was more of a party ship. I personally thought(never been on it) but since its non smoking, I thought it would be less of a partying ship than the others, oh well if you got any more questions about the elation feel free to ask, I had a blast on her last year, and hope you have fun on her if you decide to go
Old July 13th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all your responses...im gonna talk to my friends and we'll make a decision. One more question...:-) I know on the Explorer a majority of the people i met were from the east coast. im assuming its because it left from miami. On the elation are there more people from the west coast, like CA?? Thanks again!!