Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Alex_120

Default *Louis Vuitton*

Do you think that I could find any fake (Louis Vuitton) Bags or luggage, on the streets of like st. Marteen or St. Thomas?

Thanks,
Alex!
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Linz421

Default Re: *Louis Vuitton*

Hey! I dont know where the streets of St. Marteen or St. Thomas are...but i know that you can find fake louis vuitton bags on Canal Street in New York, and also in LA!
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:11 AM
runnergal

yes, i know that st. thomas has fake louis vuitton bags (my cousin bought one), when you get off the ship take a cap to the downtown area and there are many little "street vendors" that sell them.-don't forget you can negotiate! good luck
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I didn't see any in St Thomas, but I'm gonna look harder...because I want one.
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Why fake? Get the real deal.
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

i can't see a reason why you WOULDN'T want the fake over real deal...it saves you a good few hundred dollars to spend on something worth it...i don't see what's so cool about a purse that costs as much as at least 20 other purses...but thats just my opinion. i would definitely take the extra money any day.

Old June 15th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I think i agree with Sexy Brunette, get the real thing. It sucks when someone pays over 500 bucks for a real one, and then all these people get fake knock off versions, then you dont know who has real ones and who has fake ones. My mom and sister love those bags

-Rob
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

thats why i enjoy my opinion...if you can't tell why blow the extra bucks?? maybe it's just in florida, but we really don't care about how much someone's purse costs...there are smarter things to spend the money on.

Old June 15th, 2004, 04:35 PM
runnergal

i completley agree w/ you danielle
Old June 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to countthestars420

why would you even want one? everyone has them.. and they're not even cute..

i mean.. i got my purse from target.. one of those canvas ones, and then i ironed on a huge matchbook romance logo on it... it is the coolest purse EVER and i always get comments on how cute it is..

why don't you actually be creative and make ur own unique purse? you'll appreciate it alot more..

Old June 15th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Alex_120

I think you are crazy to buy a real one, because you could buy it and the same night it could get ruined! besides alot of the fakes look really real! And if you a good barginer you can get them dirt cheep!
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Lyssa

Default Re: Re: *Louis Vuitton*

yea dont get a knockoff. ull jus be like every1 else. if u gonna get it, get the real 1. the knockoffs r so stupid, cuz it shows ur just tryin to be like every1 else. and like sum1 said b4 there not even that nice. xo bags r even nicer than louis vuitton and coach etc. and theyre much cheaper. doony and bourke bags r reali nice. (expensive tho) but nicer than louis.
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to DanDaMan7188

I'd have to say LV bags are MUCH more expensive than Dooney & Bourke!!!!

-Daniel

Post Edited (06-16-04 09:09)
Old June 16th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to bubblegum1108

thank you cts420!!! they're soooo expensive and i personally think that they're ugly! its like "oooh oooh look at me, i'm rich so i can afford this hideous purse that everyone has!" ugh, gimme a break. I hate how almost all of the girls in my school have them and they think they're soooo cool. I'm like no you're soooooo cookie-cutter.
TARGET FOR LIFE!!!! lol
Old June 16th, 2004, 11:57 AM
iserbadd

um they're definitely worth the extra money .. especially if you have it .. they go with virtually anything and they're made durable with lasting leather instead of that "target" canvas .. they're not all "ugly" they definitely come in more styles than the common brown LV logo .. like the multicolore which granted are 1,600 but you get what you pay for, I have many and i believe they're well worth the cost, so do my parents and obviously they paid for 'em .. why pretend to be someone you're not by buying something thats not truly representing you?

there's lots more styles here

http://www.eluxury.com/brands/louis_...3019&pageNum=1
Old June 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
First Mate

i didn't buy my purse to be like a louis vuitton one.. it's totally different..

i was just saying that y would you even want one... real or fake? tehy're UGLY, and a waste of money..

but if you were going to buy one, i would definately buy the fake one, if people can't even tell the difference, then.. aghhhh i dunno!! i just can't stand the thought of spending like 1000$ on a purse.. its outragueous and uncalled for.. you can buy such better stuff for that kind of money..

its like.. ur buying the purse to show other people you're "status" or whatever.. you're not buying it because it is a good purse worth 1000$, because there are plenty of good purses that you could get for like 20$.. so, if people can't even tell the difference between a real one and a fake one.. then why not just get the fake one.. someone please explain to me because i honestly don't understand ur thoughts..

and yes.. TARGET FOR LIFE

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yeoman

what does the $1000 LV purse have besides a logo that a good $20-$50 purse doesn't...honestly

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:33 PM
iserbadd

status is amazing .. and if you have the money why not spend it on status symbols like designer purses and nice cars .. but pretending something's more expensive or different than it really is makes you a definite poser .. definitely NOT cool .. it's basically lying .. basically the purses aren't ugly and search for louis vuitton on ebay and you will see purses well over 8,000 dollars .. but the reason their price is so high is they're unique and made with materials such as ostrich and alligator vs. target- canvas and purses that everyone has .. there's a huge difference and louis vuitton has been a well recognized name for decades upon decades .. that's why people like myself pay so much to get these bags
Old June 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Yeoman

i wouldn't want something made of an animal really...i'm no activist, but i don't like the thought of carrying around ostrich on my shoulder.

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:41 PM
First Mate

BUT ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!

OH MY GODDDDD... I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU..

S"LKHV:ADLJVHA>SVHBAL:vh'LAKHVADSV

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:49 PM
iserbadd

yeah it is
Old June 16th, 2004, 07:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Joefoe

this is just about the snobbiest convo yet, i would say that for any brand name thing rolex lv or whatever it may be, its not worth what the price tag is, they make a bag slap on a designer name and charge you a ton of money. Is it worth it? probably not, but whatever you want i gues
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:33 PM
brittany1919

i agree with you iserbadd!! it's all about status these days..everyone wants a nice car, a huge house and designer clothes so why not a designer bag?
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:40 PM
First Mate

you could buy a car for 8000$... and you're spending that kind of money on a PURSE..

tell me how that makes sense.. please do.. please?!

maybe once you get a JOB and stop having your MOMMY buy you everything you ever could want.. then you will understand why spending that kind of money on an accessory is just so absurd..

Old June 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM
iserbadd

nope sorry i am thankful for what I have an it does not make a difference if my parents buy stuff vs. me getting a job
Old June 16th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Passenger

iserbadd -

Just to let you know... they made about umm... say 1000 of the small color LV's. So, odds are if you're buying one it's a copy and you just don't know it. (Jessica Simpson's LV is fake and she doesn't know). What many consumers don't know is that these purse knock-off people intercept the purses as they're being shipped the the US and replace them with copies... so, if you're buying one on canal street, there is a possibility it could be real.

One thing that you might not know is that real LV is not real leather.... my mom pointed out that it's some plastic thing that is mean to look/feel/smell like leather.

$1600 on a purse is absolutely horrible! It hurts my feelings that you could be doing SOOO much good with a fraction of that money but you choose to buy something like a handbag. I mean... come on here people are STARVING in this world who are less fortunate than you. I'll buy a Lacoste shirt for like $70 but that's about it (and I would have no problem wearing a fake one because it looks the same).

They go with everything because you THINK they do. Society tells you that....

My mom and sister buy the real ones and I have no idea why..... some of the leather goods from coach are nice... but that's all I can think of. (and COACH isnt as expensive of LV). I'm not saying go buy an UGLY knock off that looks tacky and cheap.... but no spending over $500 on a damn purse!

But sweetie this isn't your fault at all... society and pop culture make you think these things are cute and stuff..... dont get me wrong....some of them are!

I'm sure your mother didn't raise you to be like this. If she or your father heard you talking about "why do this when they could buy you stuff" they'd be pretty embarassed. Do you think that they have gained all of their success by having their parents giving them a FREE RIDE?

I dont know you and i'm not trying to pass judgement on someone that I have never met... I'm just telling you what it looks like to other people.

My parents make WELL over enough money to support me and my sister and still live the lavish that lifestyle we do. But my parents insist on me getting a job to pay half of my car insurene..... not because they don't have they money for it.... but because they want me to hate working at minimum wage SOOOO much that I'll get a great education and not have to deal with that anymore. I'm sure if you had to work for your money than you would be much more stingy on how you spend over $1000.

I'm not trying to start anything... I'm just pointing out my OPINION!
and you have yours.... after all, there is a law of "freedom of speach"

later...
-Daniel

Post Edited (06-16-04 23:02)
Old June 16th, 2004, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

Wow...who would have thought this could have become such a controversy? Lighten up, people. Everyone has the right to their own opinions.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM
First Mate

I don't think its really the point of buying expensive purses (and no, LV's aren't all $1000, many are around 300-500) but I think the thing that started this "argument" was the fact that the people WHO DO HAVE THEM but are FAKE just want the FAKE status that comes along with it. They know its not real, but pretend that it is. Yes they are saving money, but what gets others mad is that:

1) Others have REAL ones, which who god knows they probably could have saved up for several years to buy one while others just want to have that look, so its a bit of a blow in the face.

2) If your buying those purses that are fake, you're probably doing it for the attention. Those that buy real ones probably have money to spend on other things as well, and don't nessesarly want to be "part of the croud".

3) Buying a purse that cost $500 instead of a 20$ one from target is the same thing. People choose where their money goes. It's not like they are buying the purses in bulk. Usually if you buy your LV purse (real) then thats the purse you're going to carry for a while because you liked it enough to want to spend your money.

4) If you buy a fake, for the purpose of putting it off as real...thats where it get's a bit wrong. Its like having a Volvo and putting a Mercedes emblem on it pretending it to be more than it is. If you do have a fake, the reason for buying it should be "because I like it" not "because its cool"

I dunno, sorry I got lost in this. I have to admit I have a LV wallet (not a purse, just a wallet) but at the same time I put it in a normal bag, no deisner, just something I thought was cute, but I'm not prancing around showing people I have my LV wallet to seem special, because that's the thing that gets everyone mad if its real or if its fake. Buy things you like, don't buy things you think make you cool, and hell if you like it then spend the money there's nothing wrong with that.
Old June 17th, 2004, 10:48 AM
ClrGrd

at my school the in thing is getting fake designer brand purses.....maybe its just a local thing but i dont care...i would rather save my money and get a fake
Old June 17th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Passenger

You're telling me that this whole dispute was made over you only having ONE product from LV, which was a wallet!

WOW!