Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2004, 05:55 PM
bobbles

Default why was my thread deleted

The election is a very important issue...I do not believe that you should have deleted the disscussion we were having. It might have been a little more out of hand than most threads.....but I also think it is more important to discuss.

-bobbles-
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick
Default Re: why was my thread deleted

I do, too. As long as it's done in a respectful manner instead of calling the canidits names and stuff.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:25 PM
bobbles

i might of said things that "bush fans" didn't like but i was stating facts
Old July 27th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Admiral

This is a cruising board. Politics and Religion are really a couple of things that we need to avoid here. Yes the elections are very important and you should learn as much as you can. By learning I mean learning the facts, not the hyperbole of either party. What you said was not only incorrect, but was in the manner that would incite a fight among the posters and that is not allowed under the TOS.
Jim

Old July 27th, 2004, 05:29 PM
bobbles

1. Every thing i said was proven fact. It was all recived from quality news organizations.
2. there are 11 other threads on the first 2 pages that have nothing to do with cruising at all.
3. Then if you dont like the way i presented it then delete a post or change the title of a thread. I personaly and Anti Bush (which I see you are not).
4. Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent,
TOS
threatening, harassing, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person; (did i do? No)
Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, or trade secrets) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements); (no)
Post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material; (no links here)
Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (ummmmmm.........NO)
Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes; ...(not that I know of)
Intentionally violate the laws, rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national, or other securities exchanges especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security; (nope)
Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site; (not at all)
Offer, sell or buy anything; (...no)
Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, java applets, ActiveX, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses" or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer. (...no)

(also by the way which part of the terms and services talk about how talkign aobut underage drinking can get you banned?)

also.......your terms and services can only be loosly enforced by law because they are implied by using the website as in to acess the terms and services you are already required to follow them. (but that shouldnt be a problem because I didnt break any of them)

Thank you (and this post will probaly be deleted anyways because it doesnt agree with your ideas)

Eric
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Gee Eric, you have been watching too many shows like the Practice, or Law & Order. <G> One thing you must learn is that getting nasty with those that provide the service you use is not the right way to get your point across. I have and will delete any of these off-topic remarks about either Presidential hopeful, especially those that are4 unproven, (reporting them in a newspaper or on TV is not proof), or are meant to be nasty or mean-spirited. It isn't and will not be allowed. There was also no discussion, just your false remarks.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 27th, 2004, 07:58 PM
bobbles

well by your statements anything could be concidered false.....SO you include in false things the statement of the 9/11 commision?
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bobbles, Jim has said that things on the certain subject are not to be discussed here. Although these are issues that need to be addressed, they don't need to be addressed on a cruising forum.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Way to go Jim!!!!
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:20 PM
bobbles

Well then He should delete every thread that has nothing to do with crusing....what does cedar point have to do with cruising? or xangas?

and just because I am a teenage doesnt mean that I have to watch Law and Order to know anything about law and political issues. Dont speak down to me. I follow news more closley than most americans...

and a question....would anything political be acceptable on the "open forum" chit chat?
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

the teen board is not just for cruise topics its a place for teens to come and just chat but i dont think politics to be talked about amongst ppl who cant even vote

Old July 27th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Right, and politics in this kind of forum will spark contreversy.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Some people here can vote. I personally think it's a topic that we should be able to discuss, but if it's against the TOS, then we really don't have a choice but to listen.

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:27 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to SoccerQT116

Xangas and other things of topic of cruising dont create controversy. Politics will...everyone has their own different ideas on everything involved with politics. And someone was bound to offened another person. And i dont think that should be allowed on a cruise forum--yes we should be able to discuss this topic definitely because we're the next generation and what not...but there are other sites and forums for that type of stuff--you dont need to speak about it here.

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Conquest: April 4th-11th 2004
Carnival Victory: April 20th-27th 2003
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:52 PM
runnergirl

I agree... usually i really enjoy reading the posts here but some of the things said in that thread made me really anrgy (which is why i posted). But i def. see that its much better if we just let it be and don't talk about it so we aren't getting fired up about our different opinions.