Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Posts: n/a
Default Will i need a letter if im not traveling with my mom

can anyone tell me if i will need a notarized letter since i am only 17 and will be going on the cruise with my best friend and her family? please let me know..thanx =]
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Will i need a letter if im not traveling with my mom

yea u probably will. my friend needed 1 to go to mexico.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Will i need a letter if im not traveling with my mom

yess you will..........i was traveling with my aunt and i needed one........if you im me i can give you some links about notarized letters..............o yea my sn is simpleshorty152
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,346
Default Re: Will i need a letter if im not traveling with my mom

The law that requires this of anyone under the age of 18 years old that is unmarried because of parental abductions that have occured. It is the law that you be able to present a notorized letter from the absent parent stating that it is permitted for you to travel to a foreign country without them. This is also required of anyone that is traveling with a non-relative to get signed permission from both parents. In addition you need to have authority in the form of a noterized letter stating that they have permission to make medical decisions as well for the lenght of this vacation. Some people have gotten away without them but they are required and if they ask, which they very often do, you must be able to provide it or you will be waving bye-bye from the dock as the ship sails away. If one parent has died then bring a death certificate. If the absent parent is unknown then bring the papers, (birth certificate), that shows the parent is unknown. If the parent is just a deadbeat type get a court order.

24 cruises and counting!
Reply With Quote


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traveling with mom Surfguyxxx1 Disabled Cruisers 3 August 25th, 2009 06:53 PM
I just got a letter from Carnival... Katmom Carnival Cruise Lines 8 February 11th, 2009 12:23 AM
Who would I write the letter to? sue Ask CruiseMates Staff 4 March 24th, 2006 09:49 PM
Mid-20's traveling with mom Mel Singles 0 July 14th, 2003 09:25 PM
A letter from Santa CruiseCam Chit - Chat for Cruisers 7 December 17th, 2001 03:33 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1