Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:42 PM
arthur4545

Default i needa lose weightq

i am going on a cruise this summer and need to lose 50 pounds can anyone help me tell me what to do please!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: i needa lose weightq

Shave your legs.
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:08 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators

Old April 5th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

hey im in the same boat haha im also goin on a cruise this summer n is tryin 2 lose weight i wanna lose 40 lbs ... i started atkins last sunday the 26th of march... so u can try that.. if u like meat i donno... i know with my im not a big meat eater... as my bro would say im a vegatarian who dont eat vegtables hahah... therez so many diets out there im sure ull find sumthing that works 4 u n ull lose the weight u wanna ...
Good Luck... hope this helped ne
p.s what ship u goin on?

Lindz

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Chris-voyager of the seas

Eat every other day?
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Eating every other day screws with your metabolisim... Someone i know went on the Southbeach Diet, and she liked it. Its pretty easy too, like you can only eat this type thing the first week, then the second week u add something, etc. It gets easier the more you progress. You may wanna try that =)
-Rob

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Try a granola bar for breakfast, then a small but balanced lunch like half sandwich or salad, a 3:00 heathly snack, normal dinner minus the bread and potatos and popcorn or prezels for evening snack. You will not get hungry and will lose weight. Its not a huge diet adjustment cause you are eating but just smaller amounts better food and not staving yourself...good luck
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to foxpomcutie09

well i did this diet last year where you didnt eat so many hours before you went to sleep, say like 3 hours..... so if you normaly go to bed around 11 (like me) dont eat after 8, and the only thing you drink after then would be water, i lost like 3-5 pounds a week, it worked good for me, and you really didnt have to starve your self either you could eat watever you wanted the whole day............ i hope this helped!

Old April 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
DFes

If you drink soda totally cut it out and drink only water. For snacks have like a piece of fruit instead of junk food.
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

my parents also are on the Southbeach diet. It's really easy and all the recipes are DELICIOUS! We haven't found one we don't like yet. We've even found some new favorites. You can also just become a vegetarian. They're pretty skinny. lol. just kidding! :P But... yeah... the Southbeach would do great. No counting like the Atkins. It's pretty easy. Low carbs though... but they make low carb pasta. Yum!! They've lost a good bit of weight on it. So give it a try. Good luck!

Past Cruises:
Explorer of the Seas---October '04
Vision of the Seas------February'06

Next Cruise:
Liberty of the Seas---March 8th-15th, 2008
Old April 6th, 2005, 04:37 PM
swimmer9

yea true.. south beach is good.. my parents have been on it like a year or two and its good. but obviously, u gotta cut back with stuff like everyones saying.. soda, junk food, too many carbs (some are good, tho).. and whoever was saying not to eat b4 u go to bed is so rite.. like really tho, why would u eat, and then just have it sit around in ur stomach? ur not straining urself while ur sleeping so the foods just gonna go to fat.. after u've been like watching what u eat, i'd suggest exercise.. like running a little, lifting weights, all that good stuff.. i run track, and i had to take a week off cuz i hurt my knee, and while i was off, i ate soo much (aah i got flub around my hips! i was freakin out lol) and i was like hungry all the time.. but once i started running again, amazingly enough, i didnt eat as much.. i didnt feel as hungry.. so i think some exercise will help with that also.. but overall, dont like make urself sick or anything, but good luck!
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan

50 pounds in 2-3 months?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! u are crazy maybe 20-30 at most!

Old April 6th, 2005, 06:14 PM
First Mate

I think if you are commited then you will lose your 50 pounds just dont forget what your goal is.
Old April 6th, 2005, 07:49 PM
ohioisforlovers

run a minimum of 30 minutes everyday and eat a balanced diet. eat when your hungry. Stop when you feel full.
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:09 PM
oli

all these diets are a waste of space if u ask me. especially the atkins diet...its been proven to be bad for you,,, i would quit that if i was you.
the best way to lose weight is to:
do not eat huge meals
completely cut down on junk food and eat helathy food instead when your hungry, mainly fruit.
the best thing to do to lose weight is exercise.
get some weights...start working out with them .... but mostly run. everyday
when you get a stitch run through it, a stitchj means you are burning fat.
hope this helps, u gotta look good for your cruise.
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

If you are a carboholic then cut out all breads pastas and other things that have carbs in them. I was and still am a carboholic and this diet helped me lose fast. H2O H2O H2O is there anything better than H2O. Drink lots of it and it will help you fill less hungry. No Diet Pills they just make you fat. Thats all Matey. Bon Voage.
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:31 AM
oli

yeah thats right drink TONS of water, helps loads and alos if your doing weights and running it builds and tones your muscles. water is sooooo good for you.
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to xoshereeox

diet.. duhh
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
urgay

sddsdd
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:45 AM
LWKNC

Default Re: i needa lose weight

Tips-- ALWAYS eat breakfast. This tricks your body into thinking food is plentiful and speeds up your metabolism. Also don't eat before bedtime. Your not burning off food while you sleep so all your intake is stored as fat. Eat a lot of protien because protien isn't really used for energy storage, instead used for cells and basic metabolic function. Fats are used to build the lipid layer of the cell membrane, but stick to the unsaturated fats (the ones liquid at room temperature) like vegtable oil. These are good for you!! Carbs are basically only used for energy storage in you body. Stick with whole grain if you really want carbs because thier high in fiber and "flush you out." I won't get into to much detail there.....Also very important to drink lots of water!! LOTS. Keep water bottles in the fridge so they become a convientent snack. Thats what I do.
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Admiral

While there are many, many diets out there you should not really do or try anything drastic without a Doctors supervision and that is even more important for people that are still growing such as teens and young ladies. One very simple thing that I have been told by many of my friends from Europe that seems to work quite well is;
1. Eat breakfast like you are a King/Queen
2. Eat lunch like you are a Prince/Princess
3. Eat supper like you are a pauper.
4. Also drink lots of water and no soda or anything with any sugar or caffeen in it.
Jim

Old April 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Charity

Do about 100 situps twice a day. Lift weights for about 30-45 minutes a day. Run a mile, and the rest is watch what you eat.

Good Luck,
Charity
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:30 PM
TennisStar08

ive been doing foxpomcutie09's thing for a week now! only i dont eat till after 6pm. Im already seeing results! THANKS!
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to thecruisingpenguin
Default Re: i needa lose weightq (- q)

A few recomendations...

1. Exercise... I know it sucks... but listen to some tunes while you do it and it goes alot faster... I use Power90 (http://www.beachbody.com)... its working fairly well... I dunno know about 50lbs well but I know I've lost some of my extra flab... hopefully a little more will come off before my cruise (in a week)

2. DON'T EAT BIG MEALS! Insted of eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner try insted to have breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, and dinner... yea I know it sounds wierd but the trick is to eat less. for example, insted of eating 2 burgers, large fries, and a drink for lunch, try having carrots and an apple for snack (brunch) and then having a burger and a drink for lunch... small things like that will help alot... eat less more often! and definatly don't eat after 7pm... oh and don't skip breakfast...

well that's all I can think of off the top of my head... just remember... there is no magic pill or solution... and if you hear of one, don't trust it, the ONLY way to lose weight AND look good afterwords AND to keep off those pounds, is hard work, dedication, and... uhh.... yeah hard work and dedication...

Past Cruises
| 01/28/2007 | Wonder | Disney |
| 04/30/2006 | Mariner of the Seas | RCL |
| 04/24/2005 | Mariner of the Seas | RCL |
| 04/25/2004 | Mariner of the Seas | RCL |
| 04/26/2003 | Magic | Disney |
| 05/11/2002 | Magic | Disney |
| 09/02/2000 | Magic | Disney |
Old April 20th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Try the DON'T EAT SO DAMN MUCH diet.

That's what I would do
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

See another diet HELP post, enough already
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
karl

Try weightwatchers. Their method will give you emotional support too because they have group meetings which will help you to lose the weight. Excercise for at least 1.5 hours every day. If you want to lose 50 pounds you are going to have to do a lot of work. Although you won't lose every pound, you will start to look toner and leaner. Don't overestimate your results though, because unless you get lyposuction, you aren't goin to lose 50 pounds in 2 or 3 months.
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

omg 50 punds 2 months??? ur outta you mind u might lose 10-25 if you diet right and exercise just stick to organic foods which is the most healthy for you and stay away from anything white (white bread, rice, ,potato, sugar, flour, etc) and dont foget to exercise if you have time just try to go on a 20 minute run or something through your town
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:16 PM
JennyC

excercise!!!~
DON'T STARVE URSELF THO. thats not the way to do it!! dont evn think about it!! please...? lol...
ya but excercise and drink water!
hope i'm helping!
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Passenger

also remember that as u excerise, esp with weight lifting that some of the "fat weight" will convert to "muscle weight" (muscle weight is good). and if u hit a spot where ur not losing weightr anymore, adjust ur eating patterns & excersing regimen slightly; ur body gets accustomed to ur schedule and needs a "jumpstart" again.

Best of luck and don't get discouraged!