Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2005, 07:55 PM
brittany1919

Default 18 yr olds?

this is the first cruise i'll be 18 on and i was just wondering if it's easy to meet people when you're not in the "teen club"? Is the adult disco full of adults or are there lots of 18-23 yr olds? where are the best places to meet ppl my age? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Scubarick Send a message via Yahoo to Scubarick
Default Re: 18 yr olds?

Yea it is....Just Make sure that you go to the singles party...its usually on the 2nd or 3rd night of the cruise. I went to it this year and I met a really nice girl and we hung out tougher the whole trip.....make sure you particapate in one of the games ;-) good luck

Rick
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to majorcutie

hey.. yea ull meet lots of ppl ur age... there really is no certain place 2 meet them ... just walk up 2 ppl n b like hey or w.e

LINDZ

sensation-01
paradise-02
sensation-02
disney wonder-03
victory-03
disney wonder -04
voyager of the seas- 04
glory-05
disney wonder-05
radiance of the seas-06
disney magic-06
disney wonder-06
Adventure of the seas-06
Old June 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

yeah im really worried about that too...cause my 18th bday will be like...5 days before the cruise, so i might have to latch on to m y sister, or my younger friend (whos 17) to meet 17 yr olds...or just go to t he clubs? haha
Old June 14th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Kurro

Hello.
I'm 21, a bit older than most of you, but I couldn't find any better place to post( Anyway, I'll always be a teen...o even a kid in spirit). My brother (18) and I will be cruising to Alaska this summer, and would like to meet people of our age. Just drop any ideas on this post, because I'm sure that more ("old") people will find it useful.
Greetings
Francisco

PS. Sorry about my english, I'm from Spain
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Emilka

Default Re: Re: 18 yr olds?

I actually enjoy cruises much more now that I'm out of the teen clubs. I mean, yeah it was fun going to the teen disco and organized events, but it's so much better to be able to go to the regular clubs. I actually stopped going to the teen events at 16, and on the Millennium I was able to pass for 18 every night. I didn't like the teen program on that ship, cause it was mostly geared towards younger teens. So I hung around with a group of people over 18, and I loved it! It's great cause the parties last longer, the people are more fun and less into forming cliques, and there is the drinking of course.

Just make sure you start hanging out at the club the first night. On my last cruise, my first one where I didn't have to pretend to be 18, I went to the Viking Crown Lounge on the first night and introduced myself to some random people. We ended up getting along really well, and went dancing and drinking every night. Gotta love the buckets of beer on Royal Caribbean And I still talk to everyone I met on that trip. Five of us met up in NYC, and two of the guys live a few towns over from me, so I see them a lot. Just make sure you're not shy and introduce yourself right away.

Overall, out of my 6 cruises, I had much more fun on the two where I was "18," and met much better people that I still see a lot. If you have any other questiosn, just ask me Sorry for the long post!

-Emilka