Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Default Cuban refugees on Zenith--(Sunday, 11/27/05)

Hey--
i was on celebrity zenith last weekend and something happened

On sunday me and my friend were just wandering about the top deck looking overboard when we saw everyone bunched on one side of the ship looking at what looked like two black bobbling "things" at the time--
People were saying "are those people!?"

We heard the announcement from the captain--"We have a vessel in distress that we must help out--Everyone please go to the starboard side of the ship to make everything simpler"

My friend, I, and about everyone else on the ship are still looking over finally figuring out that there are people out there on a tiny 15 ft "boat!"

Some guests were taping it and some were taking photos--some of us were just watching, feeling terrible for the people...

at last we clearly saw a man on the front of the small vessel or boat waving his shirt and his family in desperate need of help

We took them on board-celebrity did a great job taking care of them i heard---people were saying they were cubans trying to escape from cuba-this was true

at about 11:30 pm that night--the ship was stopped near key west-the cuban migrants were taken by the US coastguard

now that is left is to maybe see if any news is on television to see what happened with them and the "wet foot-dry foot" policy

Any replies---any1 was on the ship with us on here?

i just feel terrible for the family

Sponsored Links