Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Exclamation Waiter from Disney cruise facebooked my girlfriend

I have never heard of anything like this in my life so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I guess the waiter would mess with her more of less flirt with her and her family teased her that he had a crush on her. She said nothing happened between them but I mean the crusie was a few months ago and for this guy to remember her name with all the people he meets on a regular basis must mean she was memorable. Just trying to get people's thoughts on this situation.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to cruiseeeeaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner punch View Post
I have never heard of anything like this in my life so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I guess the waiter would mess with her more of less flirt with her and her family teased her that he had a crush on her. She said nothing happened between them but I mean the crusie was a few months ago and for this guy to remember her name with all the people he meets on a regular basis must mean she was memorable. Just trying to get people's thoughts on this situation.
Don't worry about it. It's not unusual for the crew members to remember people by name, it happens quite frequently. They're paid to go out of their way to be nice to the guests. Sometimes genuine friendships form, and other times they're forgotten about when the vacation ends. I've become close friends with quite a few people who I met while they were working on the ships.

Also, keep in mind that as a waiter he works extreme hours, which means during his short breaks he has to choose between sleeping, eating, doing laundry, etc... before returning back to work. Using the internet isn't always their top priority, so it's not surprising that he would add her months later.

Past Cruises
Navigator of the Seas - 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010
Mariner of the Seas - 2007
Liberty of the Seas - 2008
Carnival Liberty - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 B2B
Carnival Miracle - April & June 2011
Carnival Dream - 2011, 2012
Carnival Glory - June & September 2012
Carnival Imagination - 2013
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you very much for your reply. It mad me feel much better about the situation. I know it was kinda silly to post something like this but an ex of mine cheated on me on a cruise. It wasn't with a waiter it was with passenger but in my head I automatically jump to cheating. I was thinking that I was cursed with cruise ships and gfs.