Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2000, 06:48 PM
sea lady's sister

Default can you spare a square

Can you imagine the chagrin when one must exit the louve to call the purser to find out how to get a roll of toilet paper??? !!!! The answer is call room service.....roll is delivered...and the deliverer seemed to want a TIP!! So much for 4 star cruising!!!

Have you ever had an unrequested wake-up call at 5:50 am on the morning of disembarktation??? ..VOILA...Purser's response was take the phone off the hook!

Is it usual for carpeting to be replaced during a cruise???? When returning from a shore excursion..I stepped off the elevator to the shriek in foreign tongues.."sticky, sticky"..when I found my beach shoe stuck to the matting I understood what they were trying to communicate.....

...but inspite of it all, it was a great vacation! ....says life is pretty stressful...dosen't it!.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2000, 08:35 PM
sea lady

Default RE: can you spare a square

It was a good cruise but not because of some of the service staff... they were horrible... good company and mostly nice weather made the cruise enjoyable... but if we had been a a dinner table with grouches or rough seas it may have been the cruise form hell... the staff was awful... certainly more interested in their interests rather than that of the passengers... with the over built situation of the cruise lines ... they should be more careful with their hiring or their supervision!
Old October 11th, 2000, 06:33 AM
thulewx

What cruise line? What ship?
Old October 11th, 2000, 02:31 PM
sea lady's sister

Royal Carrabean (never can spell that)....Magesty of the Seas. We had other probelms with out cabin steward.....see Rude Awakening on the message board.

Inspite of all of this, we had a really nice time!
Old October 13th, 2000, 11:04 AM
hdawson

Yes you have to expect that maintenance is performed during cruises. These ships are sailing 365 days a year and replacing carpet is one of those things that has to be done from time to time. They really can't take a ship out of service for these maitenance needs. That would add about $2 mill to the cost of replacing carpet in lost revenue. If they didn't do it, the complaints would be about the worn out carpet on the ship. Catch 22. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Sorry about your bad cruise. I've niever had one.
Old October 13th, 2000, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

You must have missed my last sentence.....I really enjoyed the cruise....
I met wonderful people, relaxed, shared good times with my sister who I rarely get to see....but some of the problems that I experienced should not have happened....and I hope constructive criticism will educate.
My sister, who has been on over 30 cruises, at the time reiterated your sentiments on the carpet repair....I believe they could have managed it better....like with a SIGN...so language is not a problem..simple fixes to the problem.....that would prevent me from damaging my shoe, that I needed the next day!
Old October 16th, 2000, 08:38 PM
sea lady

the carpet needed to be replaced about 6 months ago.... maybe they should have put the ship in dry dock and repaired it... carpet was not the only thing... cracked sinks... stained walls.. not that the cruise was bad but the ship is obviously in need of repair...
Old November 1st, 2000, 12:28 AM
Admiral

You didn't mention which ship you cruised aboard, but service seems to be a big problem. These glitches aren't normal, and I can't imagine them happening with most cruise lines. No toilet paper? Very poor cabin service. No wake-up call?
Again, poor service.
Old November 8th, 2000, 07:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

RCC..Magesty of the Seas....the wake up call problem was that we received an UNREQUESTED one, at 5:50 am on the final day !! It would appear that we just had a really horrid cabin steward !!