Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Beerman

Default Whaaaaaaaa........

Ok, I've seen enough.
Petty gripes, that all they are.
Every ship on every line has the ability, and in my eyes, the privilige to screw up every now and again. Face it people, until cruising become totally automated and computerized its gonna happen. These slight indiscretions do not a holiday ruin, unless of course you looking for an easy and convenient reason to complain. They're run by HUMANS who make mistakes and if it bothers you then I suggest you stay at home to get the least amount of surprizes.
I think that about covers it.
Whew, I feel better already.
Nag, nag,nag.

Cheers gang.

Garry
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Whaaaaaaaa........

Hi Garry,
Feel better that you got that off your chest?? , have to agree, things do tend to go wrong, but I sure don't let the little stuff bother me in the least while cruising, although some gripes have been major mistakes, glad I have not had to deal with that :-)

Take care,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 19th, 2001, 01:42 PM
jparr

AMEN! You're exactly right. Why do some people always have to look for the negatives? My feelings are if you can't go on a cruise and have fun.....stay home! Don't try to ruin it for others. I'm there to have a good time. Go with the flow! Your gripping won't change a thing, so be quiet!

The same with air travel. The people who are complaining to the agents are the exact same people who are holding up the agents from doing their jobs so they can get people onboard and get things moving.
Old June 19th, 2001, 01:44 PM
jparr

Just thought of something funny! Why are we even looking at the GRIPES section? !
Old June 19th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I agree, but I also understand that there are times when things are really wrong and something should be done.

On the hand - isn't complaining kinda fun??? Especially when it is about little things that strangers do that just irritate you? OK, it isn't a perfect world, but it is fun to point out the little things that make it better...

if only I didn't always get behind the geriatric in the buffet who has to build her salad one lettuce leaf at a time!!
Old June 20th, 2001, 12:37 PM
jparr

Paul....that must have been me you were behind in the "salad line"! JUST KIDDING! I don't eat salads on the ship when I can eat all that other good stuff. It is kind of fun laughing at people's petty gripes. It might be a boring world if everyone was as happy as we are! !
Old June 21st, 2001, 12:49 PM
Hampton, Sheila

I have to agree with you...my worst day on a cruise..is still better then my best
day at work!!
Old July 5th, 2001, 12:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think things that go wrong just add to the interesting memories of the trip.
Old July 9th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Beerman....
You opened up a whole new concept:
Instead of letting small things and small minds ruin a vacation, we all NEED to begin laughing at them...

Imagine the frustration of the chronic whiner if in the middle of his or her current complaint we all just started laughing at them!

I always recall when one of our boys threw food at my wife on evening, instead of getting angry or made....Suzan started a food fight in our kitchen! To this day that sotry brings laughs and smiles in our family.

We all need to understand that no matter what the current crisis is, if it will not be just as important in 6 months, then it is not a crisis!

I am convinced that some folks spend large amounts of money on a cruise just so they can come back, get on-line and whine and whine and whine....I love their postings, it lets me know what a happy life I lead!

Beerman, you done good! Keep up those provacative and interesting posts. AND laugh at those that attempt to spread a foul attititude!
Old July 10th, 2001, 12:38 PM
jparr

Jim.....you are so right. I can just see the look on the complainer's face if we started laughing at them. Maybe the next time we read a complaint, we should all respond with: "You're complaint was great. Got a great laugh from it."

Life is too short to spend it complaining. If you can't go on a cruise and have fun....stay home! After all, you only have as much fun as you make.
Old July 20th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Tim Agg

I once had to take a 6am Delta flight and was but one of a hundred or so grumpy, coffee-deprived people boarding the plane. I happened to look up at a flight attendant as she walked down the aisle. She was wearing a button on which was the word "Whining" behind the red circle and red diagonal line that is the international signal for "No." As more and more people noticed her button, the whole cabin relaxed, started smiling and settled in for what turned out to be an enoyable flight.

Some years later, I had the privilege of being the opening speaker at a conference. We found a supplier to make similar "No Whining" buttons - and as I began to speak, had the great fun of looking from the podium at 300 of them. They had the effect of keeping a three-day conference more focused on the positive than the negative. One of those buttons now travels everywhere with me - even on cruises!

...but it is fun, now and then, to enjoy a little whine!
Old July 28th, 2001, 04:52 PM
sun72143

Default Re: Whaaaaaaaa....????????

How is complaining about incompetent service, bad attitude, and rudeness, when you have paid THOUSANDS of dollars ruining someone's good time? To me it seems like the incompetency, bad attitude, and rudeness pretty much does it for me.

It's great you don't ever have to complain. It must be nice to have the tux you ordered, the steak cooked the way you want, your room taken care of, getting the excursion you actually booked and paid for, your bill right the first time. How come others aren't afforded this "luxury" they paid for. If all I expected for my $2,000+ was to lay in the sun on a chair and eat hotdogs, then I can do that in my backyard for free.
Old July 29th, 2001, 02:30 AM
Beerman

Well sun, I'm sorry it happened to you.
A real rarity.
Maybe you should complain to the cruiseline.
Old July 29th, 2001, 02:31 AM
Beerman

By the way, what cruiseline was that?
Old July 29th, 2001, 02:31 AM
Beerman

By the way, what cruiseline was that?