Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default need advice

me and my husband were married onboard the nordic empress while in dock in nyc, they did a beautiful job. however, our luggage was lost and to make a lon story short we left on sunday got our luggage on wed., the only clothes they gave us were glow in the dark boxer shorts and shipshape t-shirts. needless to say it put a bit of a damper on our honeymoon. now we were given 50 percent off our next cruise. i cannot decide between horizon or zenith with celebrity. nordic empress is the only ship leabing from new york with rccl, so we are looking into celebrity since owned by the same company, does anyone have any input or advice about these ships. all comments apreciated. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: need advice

Presuming that next season they start sailing out of NY again, Zenith and Horizon both do Bermuda out of NY. These ships are both virtually identical, with the same layouts and ammenities. I personally like both these ships very much. They are a nice manageable size while offering Celebrity quality service and food. I've cruised Bermuda twice and it is my favorate cruise destination. You cannot go wrong on either of these ships.
Old November 19th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Passenger

I would contact my TA and find out whether you can use your RCCL coupon on Celebrity. Believe it or not, the lines are not completely interchangable. Good Luck.
Old November 19th, 2001, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you can use the coupon on Celebrity then choose the Zenith, It is similar to the Horizon but I think a bit nicer.

How about the Galaxy sailing out of Baltimore next year? It will not go to Bermuda but the Caribbean and it is not a far drive.
Old November 20th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Passenger

i already checked with my ta and a person who works for rccl who was our wedding coordinater for our wedding they both said we could use it. i am just looking to find out info on the zenith and the horizon. i want to know people's input on these cruises
Old November 20th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Passenger

i did not know that the galaxy left from baltimore, do you know what ports they will be visiting? have you been on this ship? do you know anything about the ship?
Old November 20th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Passenger

thanks for your input--much appreciated!! i too have been to bermuda twice once years ago by land, and just last may by sea. i love it it's so beautiful there. do you happen to know anything about the galaxy ship? they say it leaves from baltimore and goes to the caribbean but that is all i know. by the way nyc ports have now returned to normal as far as i know
Old November 20th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Admiral

http://www.celebritycruises.com will show you the ports of call for the Galaxy out of Baltimore
Old November 20th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Horizon or Zenith - I would recommend the Zenith. They are similar but I feel the Zenith is nicer. Ask your TA to give you the STAR reviews if possible, they are usually critical.

When are you looking to cruise, now that Princess and RCI are merging maybe the coupon is good with them too? The merger won't be complete until the end of the second quarter of 2002 though and anything can happen until then. I have seen many mergers NOT happen.
Old November 21st, 2001, 11:35 AM
Passenger

thanks alot! i will have to check out that site