Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug
Default Spirit 5/3 Cancelled-GRIPE aaargh!

I was determined not to gripe about anything and just be grateful to be going on a cruise, however since they are cancelling the cruise, I gotta gripe a bit cause I am so disappointed.

ON the other hand-I booked too long a cruise. 12 days away from my baby was starting to feel abusive to me. Bad mommy. Plus I have a sick little nephew and my moms dog is sick so between worrying about her grandson and puppy I don't know how much fun she would have been anyway. But I have a feeling she will just blow off the whole thing now. When I told her it had been cancelled she just thought it was ridiculous and stupid etc. Not realizing it was a lot more inconvenient to the ccl than it is to her. But we are both disappointed and a little relieved. We will get a full refund of everything including what we paid for travel ins. which is good, plus 50% off of a future cruise. Is that about what we should expect? I want a apology for ruining my vacation, even one that comes bulk mail, but I doubt we will get one.

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Spirit 5/3 Cancelled-GRIPE aaargh!

Hi Shelly,
Sorry to hear that you will be missing your cruise, but looks like you got a good deal in the process, just get that next cruise booked :-) I feel bad for the cruisers that just got off Spirit with the A/C totally broke.

Happy Cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:18 AM
Passenger

50% off a future cruise is very cool! I would book another cruise asap!

Rhapsody
Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:27 AM
Admiral

I think the offering is fair. Think of how much money the cruiseline is losing for cancelling this cruise and then how much they will be sacrificing on the 50% off fair you'll book later. And how many customers will hold it against the cruiseline and never book with them again.

Sorry you had to miss your vacation but I think you were wise to purchase trip insurance too.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:54 AM
Yeoman

Sorry your cruise got cancelled. You got the industry standard it seems for a cancellation, full refund plus 50% off the next one. I read elsewhere that it is 50% off the best price you can find, not off the Carnival book fair so you will be sailing again very cheap.
Hope it works out for you
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Sissy, Sorry that your cruise was cancelled but like everyone else said, CCL is taking a huge financial hit over this themselves. The full refund and 50% off your next cruise IS an apology and one that is really pretty darn good. As you also think that a 12 day is too long this way you can apply that money and the 50% off towards TWO 7 or 8 day cruises for probably the same amount! Now think of it as getting a 16 day cruise of your choice for the same price as your 12 day or less. Does that cheer you up? <G>
Jim

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Nice analysis, Robo ...

It's a shame when something that's been anticipated for so long doesn't come to pass. But it sounds like all worked out for the better. Things have a way of doing that.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

I thought the offer was fair in my head, but my heart thought it was kind of weak. I am disappointed, but I kept telling my mom that half the fun was planning the trip so I guess I just get more fun???Now I am being a pollyanna, but heck, this sucks. We will go in the summer somewhere. . .

Shelly
Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Spirit 5/3 Cancelled-GRIPE aaargh!

Sissy, did you see Jodi's post about going on another cruise? She ended up going on two 7 day cruises in a Cat 12 suite for $5600 and her refund for the Spirit was $10000 so she is going for longer, in a better cabin, for only 2/3rd the price!
Jim

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Jim,
Try 1/3rd the cost....and that is for 4 ppl. My TA said that CCL gave us a "hell of a deal". I got online and priced it - she was right. Just one week, without air woudl have been $6400.

My hats off to CCL for taking care of us this week.

Jodi

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:06 PM
luci

Is this the hawaii to Vancouver cruise that has been cancelled?

When will the ship now arrive in Vancouver for the Alaska season?