Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Default Beating the Carnival dead horse

First, I support anyone's right to complain about any element of their cruise. I think the recent Glory cruisers have some good points and I really DO feel for them - especially for those who were cruising for the ports.

However.....have you noticed how many times lately a poster on the Carnival board has complained over and over "I will never, ever cruise on Carnival again." After hearing this for the 10th time from some of the posters, I wonder.....if they are NEVER, EVER cruising Carnival again, why are they still posting on the Carnival message board?

Good souls who are doing a good deed with their warning? I think not!

I say, continue to complain on the gripes board, but if you are really and truly not going to cruise Carnival again, then why stay on the Carnival board?

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Julycruiser

Default Re: Beating the Carnival dead horse

very good Dorothy!
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
sls

yeah and they take a perfectly good post congratulating Wes on his impending fatherhood and ruin it with their griping.

sls
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:05 PM
venice

great point Dorothy !! My experience in working in public contact is that people who complain the loudest about never coming back always do and the ones that never say anything when they receive really bad service, don't come back.

The other point that always fascinates me is that people gripe but then want a free cruise on the same ship. If it was that bad why would you want to subject yourself again.

Usually, time, is the great healer and people that are upset after they put distance from the event come to a more rational acceptance and at that point are more open to giving the cruise line another chance and the cruiselines are more open to trying to get them back onboard
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:27 AM
borntocruisejp

Dorothy, I read all of the Glory posts & I have wondered the same myself. If they are NEVER going to cruise with Carnival again, WHY would they want 50% off on their next cruise? Carnival will not give them a discount to cruise with another line. Just my thought. jp
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Sorry Dorothy it may be senility or medication, but I'm sure someone else within the last 14 days asked this sort of question and from a CM point of view re this line, and I'm sure you answered or contributed, so did I.

Maybe its just the old da ja vu, kicking in

Anyway in case I imagined it,,,they are a representation of cruising, but not what the experience can or should be.

Edited by me, sorry Dorothy, you did not contribute and I'm not going senile, it was Anne Cambells post I was referring too.

But strange that with 14 days two of CM stalwarts, start standing up for on line, what does that make me think,,mmmmmmm

Why really?

Post Edited (03-29-05 14:27)
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Admiral

I'm not really so much standing up for Carnival as I am venting about the folks making all the "never again" posts. Yes, I am a Carnival fan, but I think I would have this gripe no matter *what* cruiseline...

Thanks for putting me, however temporarily or mistakenly, in the same category as Anne - I'm flattered and honored! Just wish I had as many cruises under my belt as she does.

And hey, you might *still* be suffering from senility or it could be those meds...
I know I've been on decongestants for a few days and I am TOTALLY whacked out!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 31st, 2005, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Good for you Dorothy - stand up for Carnival all you want - I love it too - but then that's all I've been on but looking into The Liberty or Conquest next - sad to be in a rut eh? Not! Can't wait to go again. David is definately senile - I know that because I am too and it takes on to know one lol! But I love him al the same :o) And medications - I take any and all I can get - the more whacko the better. Take care all - ttfn Jennifer
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Yeoman

Well said Dorothy!

I don't understand the petty complaints (ship colors or a stain on the floor). Why do they bother to leave the house?

Holiday May 2000