Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 01:08 AM
borntocruise

Default Re: Re: Kids in the hot tubs!

Familyman, I get it, you do not try to make our kids adhere to the rules, simply because you can't control them. You have never encouraged them to get along with "THE REST OF THE WORLD". Therfore YOU are afraid to try to control them in public because they ignore you. I care not about their grades or awards won. If you have not taught the children to abide by the rules & respect yheir fellow earthlings, all the grades & honors are useless. Polite & Respect go along way in this world. Though you pay Adult price for them to cruise, so do the rest of the passengers. Are we not due the same respect you want for you & your children?????

jp
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:47 AM
pg

Default Re: Kids in the hot tubs!

Hey guys , I think most of what you are posting is right on, , except, SOME curiselines do allow kids in the hot tubs, so I do wish those of you who hang on the safety issue would get off it. The hot tubs are just not hot , at least not on Princess, and they allow kids in. Also we have public pools here that allow kids in over age 13, or if underage , accompanied by an adult.
I really do not think this is a safety issue but more a case of kids misbehaving in the tubs, or, parents allowing kids in when there is a rule or sign saying "no kids" so therefore teaching kids to not follow rules.
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:41 AM
First Mate

Familyman....I am not a snob, or old. I am 39, hubby is 41 and our son is 8. When we are on Princess, where their is no restriction of age in the hot tubs.......our son goes in, with us for a max. of 15 minutes, just like at home. pg. is very correct about the heat of the hot tubs on Princess.they are NOT very hot at all. (After 22 Princess cruises, that is what I have found).
We are leaving on the Voyager on May 7th.........our son will NOT be in the hot tubs. Why you ask? Because its against the rules.
happy sailing,
sea angel
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:54 AM
pcboston

I sure would like to hear a medical opinion on this subject. Any physicians out there?
Always willing to learn something new. My own common sense tells me that NO ONE should park themselves in a hot tub for hours at at time for many reasons, not only health but courtesy to others.

Familyman: Maybe you could post which cruise you have booked next, so the rest of us can go elsewhere. That probably wouldn't work either, I'm sure there are others out there with your attitude of " All for me, the h--- with you" Too bad this is what you are teaching your children. What a legacy. Comfort before character.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

"Why should my kids not be able to use the hot tub when I am paying abult rates for them. Sign or no sign"..................................Familyman

"Because the rules are NO KIDS in the hot tub. That's why!!!"...Thomas

"Sorry, but once again I have to point out that this is INCORRECT.".....Familyman

You said "Sign or no sign" which I believe means you will allow your kids in the hot tubs even on lines that don't allow it.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

an article from ....... mayoclinic.com .............

Is it safe for children to go into hot tubs?

Children should stay out of hot tubs and spas until they are tall enough to keep their heads completely out of the water with their feet firmly touching bottom. Youngsters can quickly get overheated in hot tubs, so their visits should be kept brief. No one, adult or child, should ever submerge his or her head in a hot tub or spa. Because the temperature encourages the growth of certain microorganisms, an earful of water from a hot tub or spa can lead to an external ear infection. Far worse, long hair, which fans out when the head is submerged, can get caught in a spa or hot tub grate and cause drowning.
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Thank you CherieB for that information. Now maybe those who think kids can do anything adults can do will follow the advice from the Mayo Clinic (but I doubt it)

Post Edited (04-11-05 09:20)
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Has any one else noticed that familyman seems to have disappeared. Wonder where he is? Maybe out finding more rules to break!!!!

Old April 11th, 2005, 10:34 AM
pcboston

CherieB,

Thanks for the informative post. I knew it was not good for a variety of reasons, didn't remember where I heard it, but its nice to have it backed up by a reliable source like the Mayo clinic.

Nolou525,

It looks like familyman has disappeared, and I was hoping he would tell us what his next booking is.

Thought for everyone...........Wondering if familyman is as oblivious to the rest of the world as he sounds or he's one of those people who just picks a hot-button topic and stirs things up to rile everyone. Could be some guy who has no children, has never cruised, and likes to see what kind of response he gets. He could be sitting back somewhere laughing into his keyboard. Just wondering........??????????????
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Admiral

pcboston--if that is the case with familyman, ( a troublemaker) then he is a bigger fool than I first thought.

Old April 11th, 2005, 12:06 PM
pg

Good point about not submerging heads, kids are so prone to ear infections anyways!
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

btw........ I did a cut n paste so that is the full exact quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Oh dear what happened here. Nice to see we have some well thought out and responsible posts and reactions here people, nice one all.

Excuse me, but have to come back since I'm a bully in familycruisers eyes

"Dave who says your rights are above my kids I pay the same rates for them as I do for myself. Don't like it? Too bad. Your arrogant know it all personality does not impress me"

,,,,,,,actually I never did, and would be surprised if my personality did impress you. As an adult I'll always take the high ground against some opinions regarding childrens rights and that of the misguided parent.

"And Dave, you might be the bully here, with your rather high opinion of your self, but if you ever stood infront of me, you would not say two words that would offend me. Its always some who has alot to say but don't have the guts to say it becaue they fear getting their mouth filled with someones fist. Happy crusing Dave, beware of getting a bruising, by saying the wrong words to someone".

What can I say, you are such a nice person with that attitude, please post your intended cruise vacation dates for info to us all.

Having spouted the above,,,you say that you, the wife and family all go to church,,,,dear oh dear. Maybe you should read their rule book as well as the ships.

I'm not a bully, I'm actually just reacting to someone who actually is in the eyes of the rest of us, and with that attitude people like you can make crusing a nightmare for others,,,its all me me me, price we paid, we have rights.

Again bud, I'm not on there for free, the rest of us have rights too.
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Familyman

You are so mean and angry. You so hate to see kids having fun. Lets put it this way. My kids will be in the hot tub and all angry words are not going to stop that. My sons swim pretty well, we can afford leason you know. I belive you are so paranoid about something like this. You can't stop me and others so why bother? I do love getting you mad at me. I guess I have more control over you than my kids in the hot tub! So when you write your next angry message at me, I will be laughing. I know I got you! Like I said, I pay adult rates for my kids and they can go in the hot tub. Hey if you don't like it, you can go to the kids pool. I hear it is pretty empty! lol lol lol lol.
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Reen

I agree with a poster here that familyman must be a fake. Or a young person getting a charge out of starting a problem here. No body could be that stupid. His reason is you pay full price means you can act like a jerk. The more you answer his post, the more he well post here.
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Yeoman

Familycruiser, you are right, I had you confused with family man and as far as my other statement I apologise for that to, I took that statement out of context and mistook your true meaning. Again I apologise to you.
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Familyman

Yes, the power of the one voice is great. You people are a pathetic bunch. What you're really upset about is that my children are treading in your fountain of youth! Get over it, you're all getting old. Your mind is starting to show signs of age. Yes I fight the system, you bow to it. I spend money and demand to get what I paid for. You say how much and bend over. You want to be loved so much. Well you won't find love with me so get over it. Please pull your self from your sit-coms and evening vodka highballs to answer me back. I will be listening. Peace. P.S.I am an adult for those of you that are confused enough not to be able to tell the difference. Yes this is starting to become fun, but I do have kids and they do go in the hot tub. The hot tub on the Ms. Mercury was their favorite.
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
mytwomoms

do I hear troll? troll? troll?
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Zack

What a Putz!

Thank goodness for small problems so small people can feel special. Maybe he will go away if we just close our eyes and count to ten.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Yeoman

He's like Freddy Kruger, a b##t hole that keeps comming back to create as much hate and discontent as he can. Your right troll, troll, troll. If his kids are as bad as he, we can look forward to "Freddy Kruger Jr." The saga continues.
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Get lost troll! Your posts will not solicitate another response from me.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Familyman

I won again. Thanks to all who participated. I will be back. Like a bad penny I always turn up. Hey this a gripe board. I can gripe about you also! Sorry Tom, but I think I will follow you around the board for a while. This gripe thing really is fun. You pople are just as crazy with your trumped up pinky in the air proper bull. The more proper you make your self out to be, the more hypocrites you really are! At least I don't lie who I am. You people are masters at keeping up appearances! Snobs.
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Admiral

I feel bad for familyman that his head is so far up his own butt that it's making him stupid. His last couple of posts don't really say anything of any intelligence. Maybe he's the one with the sitcom and vodka highball problem. It would surely explain alot. He states that he is an adult but from the way he "talks" I have my doubts. Let's stop replying to his child like attitude and maybe he'll just go away (or fall overboard). As I stated before boy do I feel sorry for his kids. They're going to grow up just like him.

Old April 11th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

So while sitting in an adult hot tub that says no kids I can cuss like a sailor and theres not chit you can do about it! I can sit topless while drinking my highballs & belching! If a parent wants to go against the rules and bring their kids into the old peoples world be prepared of what we can teach the young. It will be lovely to hear the kiddos repeat my words in Sunday school or while telling grandma about their trip. Raise your kids as you wish I don't care but bring them into my geriatric world out of spite I will not mind my manners around your kids. BTW Familyfool ty for the laughs, you are a hoot. I am sure you wear the pants in your house........... while your wife is at work
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

familyman,

"Hey this a gripe board. I can gripe about you also! "

This is not correct. The gripes here should be about cruising or cruise related stuff. I have even seen the gripe of a dogs uncle's brother in laws gripe easily accepted here, but not gripes about other people.

You remind me of the class moron. I'm not insulting you, I insult the moron by saying that.

banker
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:20 AM
pcboston

Just wanted to return once more to say goodbye to all the sensible, responsible adults I have met on this long thread. I had raised the issue yesterday about familyman not being an adult and I think he (or she, who knows) has proved in the last few posts, that it is probably the case. He or she gave themselves away by the gloating juvenile tone of the last few messages, and also by calling a ship Ms. Could possibly be an adult body with arrested mentality, but I am leaning toward a junior high person right now.

Anyway, to Reen a few posts back, you are absolutely right in that we all need to stop answering him or her. I try to make it a point not to waste time talking common sense to people who don't have any.

To all the rest of you, Happy Sails to all, but never on the "Ms" anything!
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:44 AM
familyman

Yes this turn out to be fun. I have checked around the other messages here and it seems you people are great at griping at just about everything. Do you have any real interest other that putting down people?. I guess not. Try gardening, it works for me You make it a crime becaue I take my kids into the hot tub. What else are you going to gripe about? Let see, How about the that fact the people other that like yourselves should never be on a cruise ship becasue they are not perfect. I bet that would leave you pretty much alone with yourselves. They should build a ship for people for you and call it the good ship lolipop because you act some much like shirley temple. The truth here is that the people who don't care what you say are not present. They go about their everyday lives and when they cruise they really don't care what you season cruisers think. Its their vacation and they are tired. I did make a statement and it is shared by many. It seems to hold true because you do get really pissed at our kids in your fountain of youth. I find it strange that when I am on vacation I don't even pay attention to what other people do. I am just to busy. I guess you people have nothing better to do than comment on us. I will let you people be. The world will go on whether you like it or not, despite what has been said my me or any of you. A last thing, your world would end if you did not have average everyday persons to gripe about. What a sad existance. See you in the hot tub with my kids and others Tom, banker cherieB, and the rest of you.
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Zack

I don't know what he grows in his garden, but I suspect that he smokes it.
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Just an fun thought. Perhaps Familyman's father follows the rules and won't let use the hot tub. Thus, he comes on here to vent his frustration. Perhaps the next thing we will hear from him is that he does not tip!
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:24 PM
First Mate

Oh Paul......not the tipping thing. unfortunatly I think you mayh be on the right track about Familyman. His personality (butt hole) would fit the NO tipping type. He makes me laugh though....just like a chimp at the zoo.
Familycruiser.......I also noticed familyman's lack of proper english. Hey familyman......are you sure your not in middle school?
happy sails,
sea angel