Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Passenger

I am going up with my wife to the topless deck. I agree with the fact that if you want to do it then do it. My perspective is that while I am married I am sure that if someone else is up there I will probably look the thing is that it does not make a bit of difference to me. For me the woman that I will be next on the top deck (DW) is the only woman that I care to look at in a sexual manner. That is to say that while up on the TD we are there for our own reasons DW's is to tan her body and breasts and mine will be to be next to the woman I will love forever (and it will probably be the only place quiet enough to read) hehe. So I just have to agree that anyone going up there for some perverted little peeps just keep it to yourself.
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousoonerfanintexas
If a woman lays on the top deck topless it isn't for the tan she wants people to look at her, if she didn't she would lay in her back yard or find a private club. That is like a woman that dresses sexy to go to a club. She wants people to stare at her.
I am assuming that you are a woman? If not, then how could you possibly know what a women is thinking and why she is doing it?

And if you are a women, thanks for telling us why you would go up on the topless deck, but please, don't presume to tell others what other women are thinking.
Old October 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
First Mate

No I am not a woman. You can say what you want but if the thought of someone looking at you topless or nude really bothered you then you would do it in private. If you really think you can go to a topless deck and not have men stare at you then you don't get out much.
Old October 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Old October 5th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

really soonerfan?

I thought maybe she paid less or something and was forced to walk around topless as part of the onboard entertainment. (Lowest inside cabin savings program)

banker

(PS - I think you're totally wrong, are you saying that women go topless because they want perverts to stare at them? Or do they want the other topless women to stare at them?) - Silly
Old October 5th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Oh, one more thing, if women get dressed up to go to a club because they want men to stare at them, then it's logical to assume (look at my avatar) that if she dances with me she wants something more? If she dirty dances with me can I use this as my defense for forcing myself on her?

banker
Old October 5th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Hey I'm back - don't think the Sapphire Princess had a topless deck - thank goodness - I think I was one of the "youngsters" on board lol.

I don't really see what all the fuss is about - if you want to go topless - go topless - as long as it's on the right deck. Doesn't matter to me if I'm on my back or my front - when I lie down they seem to be in the same spot anyway - under my arms (get the visual!!!)

But be prepared for oglers - if you flaunt them - they will come!

Suggestion - lot's of sunscreen - burned nips are painful - lesson learned the hard way from a vacation in Cabo many. many years ago.

TTFN Jennifer
Old October 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Admiral

david

Jenn, I agree with the nips, I hate when that happens!

banker
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Admiral

The idea that the only reason a woman goes topless or even dresses sexy if to intice males to stare at them, is just, well, unbelievable that there are those that still feel this way. Topless is way over-rated in the USA. We have traveled enough to know and see that in many other countries people just could care less, and niether could we. There is a lot of truth in it when people say Americans are obsessed with partial or total nudity. While my wife does not go topless and neither of us go nude it is not a big deal when others do in approprate areas. In Tahiti we watched as people just came to the beach and were either topless or just took their clothes off and swam. We also saw a couple of middle school classes having a day on the beach and when they were told that it was time to go the entire class took off thier bathing attire and rinsed off, together with the teachers! The teachers then worked hard to gather them up as they ran and chased each other around playing like any other kid does. It is just no big deal to them and an accepted part of life. These people are no less moral nor romantic at the proper times than anyone else. Possibly more so.
Jim
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Admiral

I totally agree Jim.

Maybe we're not so obsessed with nudity but just tight ass about it because we're not used to it?

I really hope this isn't a personal attack but possibly soonerfan is younger and perhaps a little more "hormone motivated". I kinda remember thinking "they all want me" when I was younger. Heck I still tell my wife they all want me!

banker
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Wow!!! And I thought all we wanted to see up there was a good book?
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Old October 7th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Sooner:

I have to disagree. Some of us have been to the tanning beds prior to their vacation and really don't want the tan lines. I'm comfortable with going without a top and could really care less if someone comes up to look and I don't bother wasting my time looking around to see who is looking and who isn't.

Darcy
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:14 PM
First Mate

If the women don't want to admit that they want a guy to stare at them that is o.k. You know when you go up there and take off your top men will stare. Darcy knows it will happen and doesn't look around to see who is looking.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Old October 7th, 2005, 05:04 PM
First Mate

David I can't believe a woman would go up on that deck and complain if a guy is looking at her, what does she expect? I really don't care if someone goes up there, I don't nor does my wife. But if someone wants to go up there they must be somewhat comfortable with public nudity, then don't complain if some guy is looking at you what do you expect?
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Old October 7th, 2005, 05:26 PM
First Mate

That is fine I accept that you can say what you want and I will still tell you that you are wrong.
Old October 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Admiral

My opinion, for what it's worth:

Any woman who wants to go topless (or nude) in the appropriate places has the right to.

Any "man" who thinks this is an opportunity to leer at women, no matter what his age, is immature.

JMO,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Admiral

As a female I have to disagree with the above poster - most women want to be ogled - when the ogling stops its a real let down!!! Going topless is provacative - unless there's a baby attached - plain and simple. Empires have been built on naked boobies - if these babes want to flaunt them - they have to be prepared for the lookers.

The lookers have the same rights to look as the flaunters have to flaunt!

ttfn Jennifer
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Jennifer!
Well said.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Jen, dear oh dear, thought better of you. I imagine thats a minority response from a female perspective. Read back a few posts and see if you still agree with the tone of the thread.
Old October 8th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Hi Jennifer,

As DavidB said, oh dear! I would have never thought that would be your opinion. I've never in my life wanted to be "ogled" .

Also, please reread my post. I said "leering" not "looking". I have no problem with people looking at each other, no matter what their state of dress Once again, JMO.

If women are in a topless or nude area (or even have a "baby attached" , and are being "ogled" by men, I still say, IMO, the men are immature .

Liam,

I wouldn't have thought of you as an "ogler" ,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Fern.

I would draw the line at dribbling if I were on this deck.

Jennifer obviously has her own opinion and is sticking with it. 8)

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
most women want to be ogled - when the ogling stops its a real let down!!! Going topless is provacative
Gees.. that's like saying women who wear short skirts, and the currently popular mid rif exposing tops are "asking for it".

North Americans truly do have screwed up views when it comes to nudity.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelson
As a female I have to disagree with the above poster - most women want to be ogled - when the ogling stops its a real let down!!! Going topless is provacative. The lookers have the same rights to look as the flaunters have to flaunt!
Sounds as if you have gone thru that real let down!

Yes, women like to be viewed as attractive.... but remember the jest of this thread. We said nothing of "flaunting".
It is about women being in an approved topless area, and single men whom really have no business there, hanging around sneeking as many peeks as possible. I have seen this first hand many many times while accompanying my wife, whether on a Cruise Deck, a Vegas Pool, or a Beach. The single guys who appear in these places just look plain foolish. You have 3 kinds:
The guy who acts like he's lost, and stops several times looking around as if to find his way.
The guys who come in groups of 2 or 3 usually laughing, generally because that covers their insecurity.
The weirdo/pervert or macho type who actually tries talking to several of the women.
Again, we said nothing about flaunting. Flaunting would be a topless woman walking around the deck, or continuing to strut by a group of individuals. We are speaking of women who are suntanning, resting and vacationing. Their is a difference. I rarely see flaunting, especially on a cruise ship... but I do see far more lookers (as you call it) whom go beyond their rights.
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Captain

I have never gone up on the topless deck but find this discussion interesting. I imagined the topless deck had just a few women up there. I didn't know that anyone (and his perverted brother) is up there.
I wonder if any of the ships have a pool on the topless deck. I was thinking about checking it out until I saw the post about the three types who go up there. So there are macho men types that start up a conversation with the women up there? I wouldn't enjoy that kind of attention.
K
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Very good post crooz and right on. Being topless should be a non-issue. The deck is desginated as such and it is improper for males, or even females, to go to that deck simply to see if they can see a womans naked boobs. Give me a break and what a loser these people are! Women up there do not want to be leered at or ogled. In fact I know ogling to be illegal in the State of South Carolina.
David, you are correct, it is shameful that some people think so little of women as to degrade them by thinking they are simply using their nudity to get approving looks from men. Ossorner, whatever you do, don't go to Tahiti, it probably would blind you.
Jim
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing gal
I imagined the topless deck had just a few women up there. I didn't know that anyone (and his perverted brother) is up there. I wonder if any of the ships have a pool on the topless deck.
On the average ship/crusie their are usually 2 to 10 women topless on thes decks, and no, no pools.
So there are macho men types that start up a conversation with the women up there? I wouldn't enjoy that kind of attention.
Nor do most of the women. Ocassionally so weirdo comes by and tries to get womens attention. Usually this happens in/to the pre 35 crowd.