Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I think the big hair pic is there, some HUGE picture is breaking the margins in number 3. Looks cool though.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to justgr8fl2cruise

Thank you Paul

HAL-M.S. Noordam 1987 ....Alaska
CCL-Elation 1998 ....Mexican Riviera
NCL-Norwegian Star 2002 ....Hawaii
CCL-Carnival Conquest 2004 ....Western Carribean
CCL-Carnival Miracle 2006 ....Western Carribean
CCL-Carnival Spirit 2007 ....Alaska
CCL-Carnival Spirit 2009 ....Mexican Riviera
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Kat is that you with the big hair????

Of course everyone knows that nobody tops "big hair" like the Jersey girls back in the 80's! Teasing each day and using a can of hair spray!
And you still see women with big hair in Jersey! I guess Jersey girls can still get away with big hair!
Bon Jovi in the 80's

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Admiral

See it's dead easy on a web board, people acting and reacting in words on a subject that they will not have to stand by or live with the next day face to face.

But as for the “not having mirrors at home" brigade,,mmm. Those that would say something like that, cant have mirrors either.

If they were honest and had a mirror, you know the ones that look at your soul and not the ‘image’ of the person that you think you are. Then, they might think different, you know that you yourself aren’t that perfect. But you take it out on others you do not know,,mmm

Maybe this "fat or old person" as some would see them, actually lives life more open than some, and that is what gets some folks, and if so, that is your problem as a person.

Lets take on board that at least they are honest about their weight, their age, and their personal expectation in 'THEIR' life...etc. But No….well that appears to be the chocker for other people, as they cannot find that same personal satisfaction in life or personal comfort as that person, so they criticise.

mmm, be yourself, When I say that, I don’t mean on here as that is ‘made up’ life, but in real life.
Look to yourself and what you want from it and not how others do theirs thats my rule. How you dress, what you eat and how much , what you look like..... Your call and who am I to say different.

Am I perfect as a person....NO, but I know that already, dont need some person that thinks they are, giving me their opinion on the bits they think dont meet "THEIR" personal expectation of how I should look or act.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Admiral

The thread that wouldn't die

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
... When I say that, I don’t mean on here as that is ‘made up’ life, but in real life. ...
At least you admit it.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Kat is that you with the big hair????

Of course everyone knows that nobody tops "big hair" like the Jersey girls back in the 80's! Teasing each day and using a can of hair spray!
And you still see women with big hair in Jersey! I guess Jersey girls can still get away with big hair!
Bon Jovi in the 80's
Aqua net liquid plastic

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Admiral

This is only a thread about fashion choices that some may call questionable. There are loads of these threads. There is one about a tacky dress. I have never read it but I have seen some doozies on formal night on these ships.

Again, I repeat, no one is ridiculing any particular person. We are just throwing out ideas.

I still wonder my original question. When did it become fashionable to accentuate your least attractive features in order to wear today's fashion? I believe it is just a lack of creativity.

Now if it rubs some of us the wrong way that I wonder and think this, so be it but I do. I have already stated that I am always looking for new fashion ideas so I notice both good and bad fashion decisions. I don't point and laugh. I don't stare or gawk. I simply notice these choices and then move on.

If a person didn't want to be notice they would not wear (a) a bikini they are barely squeezing in; (b) a thong bikini on a public beach; (c) the tightest, lowest cut jeans they can push their excess into; (d) walk around with their thong underwear showing.

Therefore, if you want to get noticed, it would be foolish to believe everyone who laid eyes on you thought you had achieved your fashion look properly, especially if you are a few pounds overweight.

Never did any of us that are adding useful commentary make fun of anyone. Why are some of the posters so upset and in arms.

I know what my body looks like. I also know what looks good on me and what does not. Making comments about fashion decisions I remember seeing in the past, is not an declaration that I am perfect.

I think some of us protest a bit too loud. Makes you say "hmmmmmmm".

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediemarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
You know, this is a harmless thread discussing some fashion choices that each of us who have posted may find questionable.

Not one post said anything disparaguing about any person's character, personality, value or the like. Why is it so bad to discuss a fashion bomb that we may have seen 1, 2, 5 or 10 years ago. The mother/daughter at the beach was at least 5 years ago. Where is the harm in me remembering it now that the subject has come up? No one is stoning anyone for wearing a bathing suit that we don't like! It is just a discussion of fashion choices.

I tend to notice these things b/c I am a shopaholic and a clothing junkie. Since I no longer have a perfect hour glass shape to work with I am always checking out other women to see what works and doesn't work, what I may want to try and what I know would look horrible on me. I don't follow what the models wear in magazines or the movie stars on tv or the movies. I am not shaped like them and do not have access to "air brushing" to smooth out imperfections. Rather, I look at women in public around me to get ideas for fashion/hair/make-up experiments.

Where is the harm in that? I don't get all the "people are being judgmental" comments. No one here is judging anyone. We are all just throwing in our thoughts on fashion yes/no/maybe's.
making fun of people's appearance is not nice. it's as simple as that in my mind. noticing what other people are wearing is not what seems to be happening here. posting pictures of people who are over weight and then making fun of their appearance and talking about old women's boobs hanging to their knees is a whole 'nother deal.
I don't know why you quote my post. Nothing in the quoted post makes fun of anyone. There is too much sensitivity here. As I said in my post quoted above, the reason why I look is so that I can copy other people's fashion ideas. Therefore, just as I remember great fashioin looks, I also can remember some questionable ones.

How is that making fun of anyone. And, if it is making fun of someone, exactly who am I making fun of.

As for the teen in the too small bikini, her outfit was not nearly as shocking as the fact that her dad thought it was o.k. for her to get a hicky from some boy she had just met on the ship and he thought it was funny. There was a lot going on there and when I saw what her parents had let her wear to the beach, I just shook my head and moved on.

However many fathers are happy when their daughter comes home with a hicky? Bizarre.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Everyone has different taste in fashion.

What one person considers a fashion bomb another person thinks it belongs on the red carpet.

Spring is around the corner and these gals are going to be everywhere.
But if this is what type of clothes she is happy in then so be it. Who am I do judge.
There is a difference between judging someone and having an opinion. You can have an opinion and not judge. In my opinion, she looks terrible. Can I judge her worthiness of anything? Of course not. That is ridiculous.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Well I don't laugh at other people no matter what they are wearing, what they look like, their size, hair style, skin color, glasses worn etc. etc. etc.

This is how I was raised and this is how I raise my kids.

It is funny that the folks that want to make fun of people don't post a full body picture of themselves.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself for the judges to decide who should be making fun of who.
I don't believe anyone ever said anything about laughing at anyone. Now how you were raised and how you raise your children is another subject for another day and thread.

I don't see why are you stressing over the subject of this thread and adding and using words that no one else has said. I don't get that. You don't like the subject but you continue to contribute to the dialog. I don't understand that. Not judging, just wondering why?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
IBCRUZIN' does this older actress meet your high standards? Or is she to fake. Cause the twins look real to me.
No, because I am smart enough not to compare myself to a professional who depends on their looks (and probably plastic surgery) to make a living.

As for surgical enhancements, in my personal opinion, they are laughable because most of the plastic surgery is so poorly done that it is very apparent. Fine for you if that is what you want but I think most of it is foolish and a waste of money. However, that is only my opinion and not the law of the land.

My only comment was about the senior citizen with the thong. Why the need to be so brittle?

I just don't think a woman well in her 60's or maybe even 70's should be walking around (and yes her and daughter paraded up and down the beach) with her entire rear end hanging out on a public beach. Again, not judging but just my opinion.

Are opinions now a bad thing? This is the gripes board.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Rinker my friend nice picture!

IBCruzin I'm just curious why does it bother you so much that women make the wrong fashion choices? Who cares? There really are other things in life to worry about then to get bent out of shape with other women's clothing.
The only one that has gotten bent out of shape so far is you and Katlady. I never said I was bent. I said I like to discover new fashion looks so I do check out what other women wear so I can get some good ideas.

However that is part of the phenom of these horrible fashion choices today. People do not want to take the time to pick an outfit. They go into the store and buy exactly what is on the rack with no thought whatsoever as to how the outfit will actually look on their body. They just purchase it and wear it.

How is that comment bent out of shape. It is an honest observation and opinion.

Please bring it down a notch or two.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
You are so right I nominate you for CM Fashion Police! Feel free to post a full body picture of yourself.

Are you calling me a dog for giving an honest opinion? Shame on you.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I know what my body looks like. I also know what looks good on me and what does not.
I also think some of us gripe a bit too loud. Makes me wanna say "hmmmmmmm".

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
I know what my body looks like. I also know what looks good on me and what does not.
????? Didn't I already say that???????

I don't get you? You appear to be an attractive woman in your picture. Why are you so defensive about other people's opinions about other people's fashion choices? No one has critiqued you in the least. No one has said one bad word about you. Why can't you "who was raised that way" follow the tone of the thread?

Be nice or you will get this thread deleted. We are having fun here.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
You are so right I nominate you for CM Fashion Police! Feel free to post a full body picture of yourself.

Are you calling me a dog for giving an honest opinion? Shame on you.
No my friend I'm not calling you a dog. That is a cute little shirt for a pet.

There are no fashion laws therefore people can wear whatever they please.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
????? Didn't I already say that???????

I don't get you? You appear to be an attractive woman in your picture. Why are you so defensive about other people's opinions about other people's fashion choices? No one has critiqued you in the least. No one has said one bad word about you. Why can't you "who was raised that way" follow the tone of the thread?

Be nice or you will get this thread deleted. We are having fun here.
I'm always nice I love everyone even you!

I see the women that don't dress for their body type all the time but that is up to them how they want to dress. I don't want to go on and on that they need a mirror, what were they thinking etc, etc.

Yes be nice or you will get this thread deleted.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Admiral

O.K. Good.

BTW, I am the fashion police. But only in my head All of my observations are my minds voice talking only to me.

Example, my co-worker was in church on yesterday and one of the elderly ladies of the church made several comments about the fact that my co-worker has been gaining weight. The senior lady would not let it go and went on and on. And, as my co-worker relayed the story to me, I could tell that this woman had really hurt her feelings and made her feel very bad.

IMHO, what this older woman did to this lady was inexcuseable. The older woman had the right to notice the weight gain, to think about the weight gain and to remember the weight gain. However, she had no right no matter how old she was to "mention" the weight gain.

That was just plain rude, hurtful and so unnecessary.

So I am the fashion police only in my head and would never ever say anything to, around or about someone that would make they feel in any way subconscious. I may be thinking "what was she thinking wearing that outfit." But I am saying "I love that red scarf. It is so pretty."

Why hurt someone's feelings when you don't have to?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Example, my co-worker was in church on yesterday and one of the elderly ladies of the church made several comments about the fact that my co-worker has been gaining weight. The senior lady would not let it go and went on and on. And, as my co-worker relayed the story to me, I could tell that this woman had really hurt her feelings and made her feel very bad.

IMHO, what this older woman did to this lady was inexcuseable. The older woman had the right to notice the weight gain, to think about the weight gain and to remember the weight gain. However, she had no right no matter how old she was to "mention" the weight gain.
That is sad. I feel bad for the lady she had to have been hurt.
Meanwhile the older woman I bet was no prize herself!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Admiral

[quote="IBCRUZIN'"]I still wonder my original question. When did it become fashionable to accentuate your least attractive features in order to wear today's fashion? I believe it is just a lack of creativity.
[quote]
I will answer your question. Follow fashion trends to closely can make people look a little to creative.
50s I much a skirt with a dog!

60s great color good thing they don't winkle

70s bell bottom and plaid enough said

80s Hey I think I owned that outfit.

90s ah yes the baggy pants I remember that.

2000s Ugg boots

Oh wait my mistake that is a dog. Kind of looks the same.

Always in style simple elegant causal.

Here is the rest of that cute dog. He looks sad.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
IBCRUZIN' does this older actress meet your high standards? Or is she to fake. Cause the twins look real to me.
No, because I am smart enough not to compare myself to a professional who depends on their looks (and probably plastic surgery) to make a living.

As for surgical enhancements, in my personal opinion, they are laughable because most of the plastic surgery is so poorly done that it is very apparent. Fine for you if that is what you want but I think most of it is foolish and a waste of money. However, that is only my opinion and not the law of the land.
My only comment was about the senior citizen with the thong. Why the need to be so brittle?

I just don't think a woman well in her 60's or maybe even 70's should be walking around (and yes her and daughter paraded up and down the beach) with her entire rear end hanging out on a public beach. Again, not judging but just my opinion.

Are opinions now a bad thing? This is the gripes board.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong. You seem to imply I had work done. Just for the record the left one is bigger then the right one. I think 60 or 70 is the perfect age to stop worrying if people are judging you and just do as you feel. I hope to be that way at 60 or 70. I didn't think I can be brittle with a icon.

Your post as seems to imply anyone over a certain age that looks good has had plastic surgery. Some people age slower then others also sun exposure has a lot to do with it. Maybe Jane just works out and looks good. Her face doesn't have a botox look. I think she is a natural beauty way does that upset you so much? You seem to wanted her to have had plastic surgery, why is that?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Rinker my friend nice picture!

IBCruzin I'm just curious why does it bother you so much that women make the wrong fashion choices? Who cares? There really are other things in life to worry about then to get bent out of shape with other women's clothing.
The only one that has gotten bent out of shape so far is you and Katlady. I never said I was bent. I said I like to discover new fashion looks so I do check out what other women wear so I can get some good ideas.

However that is part of the phenom of these horrible fashion choices today. People do not want to take the time to pick an outfit. They go into the store and buy exactly what is on the rack with no thought whatsoever as to how the outfit will actually look on their body. They just purchase it and wear it.

How is that comment bent out of shape. It is an honest observation and opinion.

Please bring it down a notch or two.
Well that is just not true. The whole thing. I'm not bent out of shape. And I have seen some well dress people who put a lot of time and effort into thier looks. So I disagree with everything you just said. I'm just like this picture.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Admiral

I do admire the plus size women/teenagers wearing the micro mini bikini, the 70 year olds wearing bikini, and the not in shape men wearing speedos!! It is great that these folks step out of the box wear what what they have confidence wearing it and don't care what the rest of the world thinks. Good for them!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Admiral

My parents are from Croatia so we spent alot of time visiting there summer after summer. A little island with pretty beaches. Older woman that live there head to the beach and wear a bikini. These are women in their 50's to 70. Some are not in the best of shape and some are rather wrinkled considering they are in the sun their whole life and don't believe in sunscreen. In Croatia we have a saying that a older woman that is wrinkled "had a good life". Then there are alot of German's that come to the island in the summer they also wear the tiny bikini's and speedos weather they are in shape or not.

Will I be wearing a bikini at an older age - No but I do admire the folks that do!

A heads up to everyone if plus size and older folks in bikini's and speedos bother you don't go to Croatia! stay away!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Now for VB. For starters, she needs to let the air out of those balloons in her blouse. They are unattractive and unnatural looking. They are so upright and round and pronounced, they are just ugly. They almost hit her chin they sit so high. While she may have at one time been a beauty, she has allowed the surgeon's scapel to shave her beauty away and replaced it with all plastic parts. There is breast enhancement and then there is breast re-creation. I don't know what VB has done.
Sharon Stone is not your average post-menopausal woman. She too is very familiar with a scapel. Bad example to use. VB is not a natural beauty. Again, terrible example to put up. The picture of the man and the lady, yes, her boobs are fake, his abs are air-brushed and very little of their "perfection" was home grown.
VB and Sharon Stone must of had work done but I think they look great!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Admiral

This was on the news last year.

There is a club in NYC owned by two plus size women. It is a club where all plus size women go and the men that attend are all thin to average size. All the women are wearing sexy clothing with skin exposed mini skirts and little shirts. These women had to get from the home to the club so I'm sure that they were seen by many people. Inside the club everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun dancing away. One of the plus size owners met her husband (thin) there and they have been married for three years.

All those women are comfortable in their own skin and I think that is great! You go girls!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

JMHO I like the plus in plus sizes.Thin may be in,but a little fat is where it's at!!!!

Old March 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Admiral

As someone who just sat here and read the last day's posts.....and I have no dog in the fight, you 3 girls did not hear one word the others were saying.

To comment further is a waste of time.
Just cut and paste the previous posts.
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
O.K. Good.

BTW, I am the fashion police. But only in my head All of my observations are my minds voice talking only to me.

That was just plain rude, hurtful and so unnecessary.

So I am the fashion police only in my head and would never ever say anything to, around or about someone that would make they feel in any way subconscious. I may be thinking "what was she thinking wearing that outfit." But I am saying "I love that red scarf. It is so pretty."

Why hurt someone's feelings when you don't have to?
I missed this post yesterday. I have had this happen to me while I was cutting this elderly woman's hair and she told me I was gaining weight and I should lose it. The mohawk looked really good on her. My weight yo-yos quite a bit. I never understand why people feel the need to tell you you have gained weight like your clothes fitting to tight is not a tip off. I'm sorry to hear this happened to your co-worker.

I will admit one thing I do in my head. I was a hairdresser for 14 years. I always look at people's hair I look at the haircut for mistakes, I notice men wearing toupees, women with bad hair color, and I mentally recut and color thier hair in a style I think will look better. So I guess I'm the Hair Police. I have been married 14 years and now my hubby does it to.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994