Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default Bikinis on Cruise Ships - restored

Rick, you inspire me@ Let em ask you all this, how many times have you seem men or women in bathing suits and asked yourself WHY!!!!!!!!

I am not talking about the 70+ year old granny who has more flabby skin and boobs hanbing down the her knees, but I am talking about the teenagers to 40something plus who think htey look smoking hot in their bathing suit. You know the ones! The 20ish year old who is a little on the heavy side who decides to wear a bikini, or a ill-fillting tankini. Or the superskinny woman who doesn't care and will wear a thong bikini, which has less material/fabric than the face cloth in your cabin! In some cases a facial tissue has more "material" than the said thong...

Men, please, no supertight speedo's! They are not attractive, right ladies? There was a old man on the Victory (he looked over 80) who was wearing one, only it wasn't skintight everywhere...he did have a lot of flabby skin. Gramps was having fun, he even went to dance with the band...

I am in no way thin, but I chose a swimsuit that is modest--a tankini top (longer) with a skirtted bottom. I don't look great in bathing suits, but at least I chose one that makes me look somewhat OK....I can safely say that I saw some women who really didn't think too much when they bought their swim suit.

Aynone else have any bathing suit horror stories from the cruises they've been on?...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Admiral

I really do not care what type of swimsuit and body type the women are on my cruise. People can wear whatever they want. If I don't like it I just look the other way. 8)

Nothing wrong with Speedos. I like Speedos much better then those board shorts down to the knees.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Admiral

I was on Magen Bay in St. Thomas. I was in the water talking to a husband and wife who were on the same ship as me. They were relating stories about their two teenage daughters' antics aboard the ship.

First, the father thought it was funny that one daughter (16) had come to the cabin the night before with a hicky on her neck. He thought it was a hoot!! :evil: Unbelievable.

Then he points to the shore and says, "there she is." I say "where?" He points out this person walking along the waterline.

She was quite chunky. Not really fat but with excess flesh in all the wrong places as some teen girls tend to have. She had on a black bikini that was at least 3 sizes too small. In fact, between her bikini bottom being too small and her flesh hanging over her belly, at first glance it looked like she didn't have on any bathing suit bottom at all. She was a mess!!! She was small up top and non-existent in the back but had at least 20 pounds of excess flesh hanging off of her gut. She had a very unattractive body type made worse by her choice of bathing attire.

I looked at her and then looked at the parents and just shook my head.

My guess is that the parents were so busy trying to make her feel pretty, sexy and desireable that neither of them told her that a properly sized bathing suit (of any style) would be much more attractive than squeezing all of that flab into a suit not meant for her body type.

BTW, the other daughter was a slim, trim, shapely knock out.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
Admiral

As most of you have seen from my pictures, I am modest and keep myself well covered with my choice of bathing suits. No need to brag or exhibit myself. I am comfortable in my skin. Besides, who wants to see a 10 inch zipper from the center of my sternum to my right hip?

I have seen speedos that make me say to myself, "What does he/ she think they are?"

MSBlackjack has a picture posted of a bikini gone bad. Marty, find that one of that blue suit that the older woman is wearing. Maybe Dave has it also. Post it here for all to see. Be sure to avert your eyes. It hurts.

And then there are the people, and I refer to both genders, who think they are in such great shape that a form fitting suit is the only way to go. In all actuality, I go to the pool areas of the ship only to pass through form one end to the other. Too many sights to mess the mind up.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Nothing worse than a BAGGY thong on a 50 year old woman in the buffet line.

Made me wanna lose my lunch.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Golden Princess 8/30/2008 -- 1st cruise but not the last!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

OK CAPTIAN THAT DOES IT I AM SHORT AND chubby so now I will make sure to remove my bathing suit from luggage I never want pictures like that of me publicized YUCKY
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBreit
Omigosh - I'm glad I'm going to Alaska!

Seriously, do people not own mirrors, or what?!!!

Plenty of bathing suits on Alaska cruises, too!

On sunny days the weather is wonderful...on cloudy days they just close the roof.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Admiral

I guess I have to grab Marty by the hand and drag her over...

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Now I an really confused. Does this mean I should not take my Speedo to wear while Second Lining on the Blog2NOLA cruise??
:
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Admiral

OHMYGAWD...that is a bad shot...that couple looks like an incompatible match!!!!

glamour.com has a link to people's baf fashion sense. It is under "don't spottings" and has thousands of photos of bad choices we make while getting dressed every day.....

I can't hop on a lounge chair and stay there for hours on end, no, I'll grab a table/chiar and stay for an little while. Each to his own, but it makes you wonder...

As for the teenage girl who's body ate the binkini bottoms--you can be fat and ugly and have a good self esteem!!!! Be happy with what your born with and if you want to change it and can afford cosmetic surgery, go ahead if it makes you happy!!!!! LIke I saw, we all can't be born with supermodel genes. Some of us are average or homely......

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Apparently the big guy has hidden talents !!
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Apparently the big guy has hidden talents !!
And that is what counts!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Oh, Behave!
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Michael,
If you mean me, I haven't been out here lately. Busted my hand, with broken bones, etc. But, I have no clue what pic yoou are talking about, so maybe it isn't me. In either case, I am SO not ignoring you!
Cheers,
Marty
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Why because they can, its that simple. Its their choice of personal swim wear,

Taking this as a bit of fun, but actually its not really is it for some of you, whats your agenda?

Really are you..... are.... You all so perfect to look at others,,mm and in who's eyes..yours , laughing my nuts off.

Lets kick others that we meet may on ship that dont fit our VISIONS,,,mmmm...there is too much of that.

If you begin a post or gripe regarding a cruise ship and your gripe is the dress sense either formal, informal casual, or beach wear regarding your fellow passengers or their other ability to style or their weight to wear some things....slippy slope.

Personally,,, you may think you look "perfect", but maybe I may think different, I could look at you and think tart, to much whatever!! Its all opinion and I have that same right to say so.

But I dont... as I have respect for that other person.

***edited by moderator***
Old February 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Admiral

No, the point is when buying a swimsuite one should take a seriously good look in the mirror and see themselves in the bathing suit before they buy. A 360 mirror is a wondour thing and helps you see what you can't see--your view from behind!

Not all of us are supermodels, beauty queens, or in the case of men have Chippendale stripper-quality bodies. It would be nice if sales people/family/friends would tell some women/men that the bathing suit the chose is not a good choice....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

Old February 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Admiral

I speak to women here. For some reason, somewhere, there has been some legislature passed that states that it is perfectly acceptable fashion sense to wear (spell that squeeze into) anything that strikes your fancy that you find hanging on the racks in the mall.

Take low rise jeans for example. At least 90% of the women who wear them look horrible. Absolutely terrible. Many walk around looking like muffins spilling out of a cupcake pan. How do they justify this God-awful fashion look?

Someone tell me when was the fashion laws changed that made it o.k. to wear clothing that highlighted and accented the extra 30+ pounds that many women carry these days. (Including yours truly).

And why in the world would a 350+ pound or bigger woman buy (a) stretch skintight jeans and (b) add a waist length, clinched at the waist shiny, tight jacket. Why do they do that? Then they add some poor innocent belt that is being tortured to hold all of that in!!!

Just today, I am in Dollar Tree store. There was a women in there with low rise jeans that were so tight and she had so much fat hanging over the waistband, that I cannot figure out how it could not be very painful.

NEW RULE: If your midriff is bigger than your bottom, skintight slacks are NOT for you!!!!

NEW RULE: If your midriff is not trim and relatively firm, tight, form fitting sweaters are NOT for you!!!

Sorry but it is something I see all the time and I can't figure out how these women do not realize how horrible it looks to have all of that fat squeezed out all over the place.

Have the fashion police been disbanded in the fight against terrorist?

It is not an indictment on size or shape but on fashion decisions.

Just because they make it in your size does not mean you should wear it.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Admiral

My motto is if you don't look like the folks below don't criticize others no matter what size they are and what they are wearing! 8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sassy2005

I don't think any women look good in low rise jeans, particularly when they bend over and you can see their butt crack I think the term these days for that is "coin slot."

Old February 25th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Michael,
If you mean me, I haven't been out here lately. Busted my hand, with broken bones, etc. But, I have no clue what pic yoou are talking about, so maybe it isn't me. In either case, I am SO not ignoring you!
Cheers,
Marty
No, sweet Marty. I mentioned MSblackjack in the first posting that I placed on this thread. I referred to her as Marty in the second one as she is a Marty also.

Your "So not ignoring" me is cute . <blushing big time>

Old February 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
Why because they can, its that simple. Its their choice of personal swim wear,

Taking this as a bit of fun, but actually its not really is it for some of you, whats your agenda?

Really are you..... are.... You all so perfect to look at others,,mm and in who's eyes..yours , laughing my nuts off.

Lets kick others that we meet may on ship that dont fit our VISIONS,,,mmmm...there is too much of that.

If you begin a post or gripe regarding a cruise ship and your gripe is the dress sense either formal, informal casual, or beach wear regarding your fellow passengers or their other ability to style or their weight to wear some things....slippy slope.

Personally,,, you may think you look "perfect", but maybe I may think different, I could look at you and think tart, to much whatever!! Its all opinion and I have that same right to say so.

But I dont... as I have respect for that other person.

It's just so much work to figure out what you are trying to say.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
My motto is if you don't look like the folks below don't criticize others no matter what size they are and what they are wearing! 8)

I can never look like that. My skin is brown.

However, looking good is not limited to people shaped like those in this picture you have included. It is quite possible for someone 85 pounds to look lovely or handsome just like someone who is 300 pounds. There are so many fashion choices these days that accentuate the good while camoflauging the bad that it is not that much work to put together an outfit that, rather than draw eyes to the bad and unflattering parts of your body it draws eyes towards to good.

I have seen some plus size women that are absolutely stunning. Because they understand their body and what works and doesn't work, it takes a double take to even realize they are so-called "plus sized". What I notice in stores is that when you are not proportioned to wear some of the latest teeny bopper fashions, you can have fun with color and coordination. With just a little care, you can end up with a look that is age, size and shape appropriate without giving up the ability to be fashionable or sexy.

There are just so many ways to look good without going over the top.

It was not that the young girl on the beach was so overweight (she wasn't). It was that she didn't take the time to compare various types of bathing suits when taking an honest look at her body. She would have been cute as a button in a swimdress or even a one-piece that had a little control in the midriff. She didn't do that. Rather she put on a micro bikini and walked around looking like an upright baby whale.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was so excited before my first cruise, and wanted to look just right on sea days, so I bought all new co-ordinating swimming gear... a one pice swimming costume the colour blue of the above 'post a reply' box, with matching surong to cover my legs while walking around, and matching flip flops, I looked the business..... I walked into the indoor pool .... and saw..... 2 old ladies sat on the edge of the pool dangling their toes in the water wearing a skirt and a bra!!!! A BRA!!!
Shocked wasn't the word...... and a P&O SHIP as well...

Sue
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Admiral

****edited by moderator***."It's just so much work to figure out what you are trying to say.

Your problem not mine,

So we have all these perfect people that feel that they have the right to DISS others,,,, that is what I am saying. What gives any of them the right to laugh at people or point fingers? Are you and others so perfect in everyway, in body, soul and “supposed� social acceptability to others, when compared to those targeted?

No way…. The problem is some people are just shoving their own insecurities towards others…because it will deflect their own “inability in life and their faults�.

Question: Who with a balanced approach to life and a social understanding of those around them, feels the need in their life to target others? Why do that?

So what I mean is it easier to laugh at someone else, than look at yourself and your problems and how others may see you as a person.

I guess that most that do most of this “lets laugh at someone else�, do it because it takes the heat off them and a scenario of “look at them instead of me�

Lets just laugh at the old, crippled or fat person, it’s easier than personal reality.
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
So we have all these perfect people that feel that they have the right to DISS others,,,, that is what I am saying. What gives any of them the right to laugh at people or point fingers? Are you and others so perfect in everyway, in body, soul and “supposed� social acceptability to others, when compared to those targeted?

No way…. The problem is some people are just shoving their own insecurities towards others…because it will deflect their own “inability in life and their faults�.

Question: Who with a balanced approach to life and a social understanding of those around them, feels the need in their life to target others? Why do that?

So what I mean is it easier to laugh at someone else, than look at yourself and your problems and how others may see you as a person.

I guess that most that do most of this “lets laugh at someone else�, do it because it takes the heat off them and a scenario of “look at them instead of me�

Lets just laugh at the old, crippled or fat person, it’s easier than personal reality.
I agree with you!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
"It's just so much work to figure out what you are trying to say.

Your problem not mine,

It was a constructive suggestion.

Old February 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Admiral

I have to say also that part of dayid's first post I myself did not understand however the second post is all so true.

Back to the topic...it really is no ones business if an overweight person is wearing a bikini or sexy clothing. Because that same overweight person in a bikini can turn around and look at you and find something wrong with you. Nobody is perfect and we all have flaws!

If you don't like the clothing choice of overweight women just turn away it is that simple.

Have a great evening everyone!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas