Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Vall

Default Viking River Cruise - Russia

There is NO Faberge factory in St.Pete.
In a walking distance from the river terminal there is the Lomonosoff's former Imperial factory,but it has nothing to do with the F.
Welcome to Russia to cruise with us on the Pakhomov!
Sincerely,Val
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Valeri

Default Re: Viking River Cruise - Russia

We are considering taking the Kirov this fall and have two questions: How cold is it in late Sept (what to pack) and also would there be time to visit with our son who is a student in Moscow? Part of the point of our going is to see him, but he will be busy with school on the weekdays, with evenings/weekends free. It sounds like the schedule is pretty packed on the river cruise.
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: Re: Viking River Cruise - Russia

It is up to you if you want to take the tours. You can go off by yourself or stay on the ship. Just let your cruise director know.
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:41 PM
karen bordelon

I read your message and would love to hear more about Viking RIver Cruises. My husband and I are planning to book a Viking cruise from Moscow to St. Pete
Karen
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:01 PM
hanna

Took Pakhamov from Moscow to St Petersburg in May. Standard cabins are very small. We learned now to compare cabin sizes with other cruise lines. We had a problem with the toilet in room, very bad odor and after trying several times and for several days to have the problem fixed they (hotel manager) moved us to another room. Tour director did not seem to care and neither did housekeeping except to "spray". My husband was very sick on the plane home and for three days after and had to see the doctor. I think it had something to do with the toilet system and/or water. They said drinking water ok at restaurant and from a water system to fill your bottles. I think not. Be safe and only drink bottled water!. Staff were wonderful and food was not as good as we had on other river cruise. It was once only trip on Viking for us and I will use another river cruise company next time.
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Aser

Leaving for Russia on the 2nd of Sept. Can't wait!! My mother ,sister and I in two cabins for 11 days doing the Waterways of the Czars ( Mos. to St. Pete.) Any pointers that could be given would be welcomed. ie Room challenges, wardrobe encounters or inside tricks of the trade. This will be Mom and mines first cruise of any kind. My sister is a traveler but never on a river ship . Thanks in advance for info. Will be checking for postings!!!
Old August 8th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Shirley B

Marty and I recently returned from Russia (Viking River Cruises, Moscow to St. Petersburg, June 30-July 11, 2004). We were part of a group of 32 people, and everyone loved it.

In planning for the cruise, I gathered lots of information from the internet, message boards, Frommers.com, Fodors.com, etc. I'll be happy to share the information with you if you send me a private message: shibin4cruises@aol.com. I'll be happy to forward cruise reviews, recommendations for reading, recommendations for private tours when you have a day at leisure, recommendations regarding the optional tours offered by the ship, etc.

And I'll have you give my regards to the fantastic crew--that is if you will be aboard the Pakhomov, as we were. What a great bunch they are!

Bon voyage,
Shirley B