Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:18 AM
walter c.

Default The Viking- the crooks

Does anyone of you know that we US citizens pay for a Viking River Cruise much more than an european or mideastern individual does?
your next Viking River Cruise buy it through an european wholesaler or through Gordon Tours in Israel :
***edited to remove commercial url***

and you will most likely pay 40% less than if you bought it here in the US
The Viking River Cruises company has a tremendous contempt for americans.-
They for sure wont'see my face or my money again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Steven K

Default Re: The Viking- the crooks

First i tried to read this website but this is not an english language, so I can not find anything.

Cheap rates is always someting special, it is possible that gordontours bought already heaps of rooms. You can buy these rooms for a good discount, this depence how much you buy. This is the same in the normal trade. But if you not can sell this for the normal rate ( because people do not want this price) then you have to lower the price. Possible that Gordontours sell the rates with losses. Nobody will tell you.

Or he buy the rooms from other agents for very low prices because the t.a. are afraind not to sell this product in the short time.
What do you think about last minute, if you as guest want to take the risk, ok. if you are lucky and can have this for the last minute price or you lost.
Therefore people who wants to have security pay the normal price and you are sure that you have what you want.

It is so easy to judge, but it is difficult to investigate why the price is low.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM
Susanmeeh

We went on a Viking cruise 2 years ago. We got a great rate on it, but were quite surprised to meet a nice couple from the UK, who paid considerably more than us. So no, everyone in Europe does not pay less than Americans. I don't know where you got your information from but it's inaccurate.
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Graham C

Last Minute Rooms are being bought on hi risk for a very low price, if you want to take this risk you have a nice cheap room. If you wants security you pay the price.

This is everywhere in every trade, SO DO NOT BLAME VIKING
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Re: The Viking- the crooks

My understanding (from a few years ago) is that the company "Viking River Cruises" headquartered in California is not same company as the cruise line. They are actually the sole United States sales representatives for the cruise line which is based in Europe.

There are only a limited number of these reps and the others are in Europe and elsewhere. So, it is possible to find tickets on the same boats - even when Viking River US says they are sold out. However, I cannot vouch for pricing being better.

In fact, these days with the dollar/euro conversion rate, it might be much more profitable for a European to pay for his cruise in dollars.

The U.S. Viking River company at www.vikingrivercruises.com often has great rates and good sales offerings. I recommend getting on their mailing list if you want to see what they offer on a regular basis.