Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windstar
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Napster

Default Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

Has anyone cruised on Windstar in the Mediterran or Aegean? We are headed from Athens to Istanbul in May, and I would love to ask more specific questions of experienced Windstar cruisers. I'm especially interested in the value of the shore excursions -- right now, we are planning our own on-shore itineraries instead (since excursion prices seem pretty steep).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Sabrina

Default Re: Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

We went from Istanbul to Athens. We did most of our own tours. We rented a car at some of the spots and went exploring. (Rent on land versus from the ship. Much cheaper that way.) We did do the group tour for Bodrum and it was a fun way to meet the others on board. Hopefully you will have some extra days to tour Istanbul on your own. We used a fabulous tour guide that made our trip complete. If you want more information, just let me know. Have a great time!
Old March 14th, 2004, 05:10 AM
nejat incedogan

Default Re: Re: Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

Dear Sir
I have read your message and will like to introduce myself as a very highly recomended guide in Ephesus Istanbul and Bodrum.
In case of your interest I may send you details.
regards
Nejat incedogan
guide
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Napster

Default Re: Re: Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

Sabrina, thanks for the feedback! Any particular sites that you recommend? We are planning to see as much of Sultanahmet as possible (spending an extra day in Istanbul at the conclusion of the cruise), including Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Underground Cistern, Egyptian Spice Bazaar, and the Grand Bazaar. Planning to see Ephesus during our stop in Kusadasi (did you see the Terrace Houses?). Planning to see the Castle of St Peter and hit Yahsi beach in Bodrum. Planning to go to Lindos while in Rhodes, as well as take around around the city walls in Old Town (should we see the Palace of the Grand Master?). Planning to explore Oia (possibly a wine tasting) and Fira while in Santorini (we'll be there on a Monday, so Akrotiri will be closed, which is disappointing). Planning to see Delos and hit Paradise Beach in Mykonos, as well as explore Mykonos Town, Paraportiani Churches, and catch the sunset in Little Venice. And we've got a day in Athens before the cruise, so we plan to see the Acropolis and Agora, the Flea Market, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. I read online that the Archaelogical Museum is still closed for pre-Olympics renovations.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Napster

Default Re: Re: Re: Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

Thanks Nejat! I would be interested. Please post an e-mail address where I may contact you.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Windstar Cruise -- Mediterranean/Aegean

the email is
nincedogan@yahoo.com
regards